• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flood Evidences — revised

Audie

Veteran Member
And yet, your post was VERBATIM what I found on AiG.

So you plagiarized it from somewhere - probably some other YEC site that also plagiarized it.

Is it your position that since I did not identify the specific site that you plagiarized from, what you did is OK?

Weird - I copied YOUR quote and googled it. Your plagiarized quote.

What evidence? That the ark could have floated?

Do you think that proves the Noah story? Really?

I am tall, I guess that means I definitely DID play in the NBA.

Great "study".

"Little is known about the shape and the form of the Ark's hull. However, several explorers have each claimed
that they have discovered the remains of the Ark at some sites on Mt Ararat. Based on their arguments and references, we estimated the form of the Ark's hull as that of a barge-type ship."

Cool - I wonder if they used Jammal's story?

Anyway, nothing there about internal structure, how 8 people could have cared for and stored food and water for the MILLIONS of animals that had to have been on there (and please do not try to back out of that figure - you have implied that evolution cannot account for the diversity of species alive today, that evolution does not happen, so all of the animal diversity we see had to have been created , and thus had to have been on the ark (depending on their specific criteria - were apatosaurs clean or unclean?).

Yeah cool - plagiarism apologist swanlake.

cut n paste from google-

- For example, relevant facts and information may be purposefully omitted when ... Common forms of intellectual dishonesty include plagiarism, ..

So I guess that our pals will have to deny that it
was plagiarism.

pla·gia·rism
/ˈplājəˌrizəm/

noun
  1. the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
Is that what our creofriends did?

Audie

Veteran Member
I guess @Hockeycowboy thought that there was little hope that he could approach his claims properly since I hoped that he could.

Once again, have you forgotten that we went through that garbage once before? Why would anyone go to all of the trouble of making an article so that it looks as if it were published in a peer reviewed journal and yet you cannot find a valid source for it? That tells you that it is a fake and you were fooled by it.

You are listening to liars and fools and as a result you do not look to good when you buy their bill of goods.

Hey, evidence is evidence no matter the source.
HOW can you fail to understand that, and appreciate
its full implications?

tas8831

Most of the waters came from the vast underground springs. IOW, the water from those springs just rose up, engulfing the surface.

And yeah, mammoth remains are found as far North as above the Arctic Circle, to as far south as South Dakota (?) it had a wide range, I guess.

Re: other mammals found in the permafrost of Beringia.....
There are a wide range of other mammals, large and small, that accompany the mammoths. These include the woolly rhinoceros, wolf, fox, lion, brown bear, camel, deer, ground sloth, pika, wolverine, ferret, ground squirrel, moose, reindeer, yak, musk ox, giant beaver, lemming, porcupine, coyote, skunk, mastodon, antelope, sheep, voles, hare and rabbit, plus many species of birds, rodents, horses, and bisons.

Stuart, A.J., Mammalian extinctions in the Late Pleistocene of northern Eurasia and North America, Review of Biology 66:453–562, 1991.

Harington, C.R., Vertebrates of the last interglaciation in Canada: a review with new data, Géographie physique et Quaternaire 44:375–387, 1990

Another source: NOVA | Megabeasts' Sudden Death | End of the Big Beasts | PBS

(Although none of these guys provide satisfactory explanations as to how these mammals got in the permafrost!)
cut n paste from google-

- For example, relevant facts and information may be purposefully omitted when ... Common forms of intellectual dishonesty include plagiarism, ..

So I guess that our pals will have to deny that it
was plagiarism.

pla·gia·rism
/ˈplājəˌrizəm/

noun
  1. the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
Is that what our creofriends did?
Yup.

Audie

Veteran Member

Well, whatabout this statement of facts-clearly-not-
in-evidence?
Most of the waters came from the vast underground springs. IOW, the water from those springs just rose up, engulfing the surface.

Intellectual vacuity?

tas8831

in-evidence?

Intellectual vacuity?
That one had me wanting to ask how he KNEW that "most" of the waters came from an evidence-free source.

Weird how much these folks 'know' despite there being no way to do so.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
That one had me wanting to ask how he KNEW that "most" of the waters came from an evidence-free source.

Weird how much these folks 'know' despite there being no way to do so.
Always a favorite. How was the contribution of water from rain and the mysterious "fountains of the deep" determined. There is no data available to know.

How about this? Genesis 7:17-20. NIV.

17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.

In verse 20, how did they know where the mountains were under all that water and who measured the depth? They must have used equipment from the Science Deck of the ark.

tas8831

Always a favorite. How was the contribution of water from rain and the mysterious "fountains of the deep" determined. There is no data available to know.

17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.

In verse 20, how did they know where the mountains were under all that water and who measured the depth? They must have used equipment from the Science Deck of the ark.
Good point - I am relieved, however, that it was made clear that the ark floated on the SURFACE of the water. Which I guess means that it was actually a hover-ark?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Good point - I am relieved, however, that it was made clear that the ark floated on the SURFACE of the water. Which I guess means that it was actually a hover-ark?
I ran into a creationist on another forum that was convinced that the ark could fly. For him, over the earth meant through the air. If I recall correctly, his ark was space worthy too.

sooda

Veteran Member

Well, the creationists claim the earth was flat before the flood. LOLOL

How could adults believe this in 2019? Its a children's story.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the creationists claim the earth was flat before the flood. LOLOL

How could adults believe this in 2019? Its a children's story.
Except that the Bible mentions mountains, so claims of a an earth without mountains not supported, even in the Bible.

I think it is basic to how their minds and thinking work and they have difficulty conceptualizing realty based on evidence. A healthy dose of fear helps them too.

Edit: An unhealthy dose of fear.

sooda

Veteran Member
Except that the Bible mentions mountains, so claims of a an earth without mountains not supported, even in the Bible.

I think it is basic to how their minds and thinking work and they have difficulty conceptualizing realty based on evidence. A healthy dose of fear helps them too.

Edit: An unhealthy dose of fear.

I know the bible talks about mountains, but they aren't exactly critical thinkers.

The area of the Euphrates river basin where the flood myth originated is quite flat (see Fertile Crescent) Its about 30 feet above sea level at its highest point and gets closer to sea level as it heads south towards the delta and the Persian Gulf. But you know, they absolutely refused to budge off the children's story.

64953-004-2D117767.jpg

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I know the bible talks about mountains, but they aren't exactly critical thinkers.

The area of the Euphrates river basin where the flood myth originated is quite flat (see Fertile Crescent) Its about 30 feet above sea level at its highest point and gets closer to sea level as it heads south towards the delta and the Persian Gulf. But you know, they absolutely refused to budge off the children's story.

64953-004-2D117767.jpg
I know. Critical thinking is not generally a part of their skill set.

It would be very difficult for me to reconcile bearing false witness and lying to myself to ignore evidence or even attempt to rationalize it as a difference in interpretation of evidence. But it seems to come easy for creationists.

sooda

Veteran Member
I know. Critical thinking is not generally a part of their skill set.

It would be very difficult for me to reconcile bearing false witness and lying to myself to ignore evidence or even attempt to rationalize it as a difference in interpretation of evidence. But it seems to come easy for creationists.

Perhaps we should pity them.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps we should pity them.
I feel bad for them. The information is available to them as it is to anyone. But it is the old horse and water and drinking problem all over again.

What is sad is that they have imposed so many restrictions on how they or anyone else is to partake of Christianity, while these restrictions do not really exist.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
in-evidence?

Intellectual vacuity?
Are you saying there is no way to know how much water was contributed by which source and that a dubious "fountains of the deep" is too mysterious for anyone to know what that even means?