• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal reserve bank reports low wage earners have higher wage growth than others under Trump

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Dang...someone's really hostile.

Ya know what's interesting....when I disagree with conservatives,
they're unfailingly civil. But with liberals.....so many are illiberal.
They cannot disagree without fuming at one personally.
Let it be about the issues, people....including liberal people.
I disagree on this. I have seen some pretty ugly replies from both sides.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's a problem when hating him makes people oblivious to
things which would be considered positive had Hillary won.
Evaluation shouldn't be black & white, ie, all evil or all good.
One must consider all of his actions & their consequences.
(Of course, we may still disagree about specifics.)
A sampling of positives....
- Reinstituting due process for men accused of sex offenses at universities.
- No new wars.
- Jack Johnson's pardon.
Taxation....
- Limiting SALT deductions on homes of the wealthy.
- Raising the standard deduction.

IMO....

The same people(democrats) complaing about Trump raising the debt from $20 trillion to $23 trillion in 3 years, didn't complain a bit when Obama raised it from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in 8 years.

The same people(republicans) complaining about how Trump is being treated badly/unfairly are the same people that treated Obama the same way.

The only thing that matters anymore is "a party".
Half the country doesn't like the other half because they support a different party.
Supporters will support their party even if it does bad/wrong. And run down the other party even if it does good/right.

And it gets worse with every election.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
IMO....

The same people(democrats) complaing about Trump raising the debt from $20 trillion to $23 trillion in 3 years, didn't complain a bit when Obama raised it from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in 8 years.

The same people(republicans) complaining about how Trump is being treated badly/unfairly are the same people that treated Obama the same way.

The only thing that matters anymore is "a party".
Half the country doesn't like the other half because they support a different party.
Supporters will support their party even if it does bad/wrong. And run down the other party even if it does good/right.

And it gets worse with every election.
You're suggesting tribalism & hypocrisy?
I hadn't thought of that!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Being that the unemployment rate is probably the lowest in all modern time, your post smells of sour grapes...and I mean that in a good way.
The US labor force participation rate is also at its lowest in all modern time, so take those unemployment figures with a grain of salt.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Couldn't totally access the article, but it looks like you're simply using a Trump hit piece to support your baseless claim. This is symptomatic of the sour grape syndrome. Find some verification of your position and get back to us. Thanks in advance.
Ah - the ad hom: "they don't like Trump, therefore they must be wrong."

If you had bothered to read the article, you would have seen that it cites data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

While an aggregate number of people with a job is increasing along with the overall population, as Trump touts, the percentage of Americans who are employed is not at a record. BLS data shows that 61% of the American population has a job, well below the record high of 64.7% set in April 2000 and pre-recession high of 63.4%.
Do you think these numbers are wrong? Then show me yours.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If you had bothered to read the article, you would have seen that it cites data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

Do you think these numbers are wrong? Then show me yours.

If you had bothered to read my post you would see that I tried to read the article but it would not allow me access with pledging my first born. How about posting the raw BLM info so we can all interpret the findings.

Shaul

Premium Member
The US labor force participation rate is also at its lowest in all modern time, so take those unemployment figures with a grain of salt.
You better check your facts. The US labor force participation rate is not at its “lowest in modern times”(sic). During President Trump’s tenure there has been a 0.5% rise in the labor force participation rate to 63.2%, it had fallen by 3% under President Obama’s tenure.

Labor Force Participation Rate

Milton Platt

As the following chart shows, the lowest-paid workers have been experiencing higher median wage growth (the blue line) in the last few years than workers overall (the green line). This reverses the pattern seen in the wake of the Great Recession, when median wage growth for lower-paid workers slowed by more than for workers overall.

View attachment 36018

macroblog: Faster Wage Growth for the Lowest-Paid Workers

It's a plus that he was able to keep the trend going upwards after he took office.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Feel free to argue with the word about its meaning all you like.
Underlining added....
Democrats ask U.S. Supreme Court to save Obamacare
"In 2012, the Supreme Court narrowly upheld most Obamacare provisions including the individual mandate, which required people to obtain insurance or pay a financial penalty. The court defined this penalty as a tax and thus found the law permissible under the Constitution’s provision empowering Congress to levy taxes."

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Underlining added....
Democrats ask U.S. Supreme Court to save Obamacare
"In 2012, the Supreme Court narrowly upheld most Obamacare provisions including the individual mandate, which required people to obtain insurance or pay a financial penalty. The court defined this penalty as a tax and thus found the law permissible under the Constitution’s provision empowering Congress to levy taxes."
Well shimmer me timbers!

Interesting the lengths the Supreme Court will go to to save the Affordable Care Act.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well shimmer me timbers!

Interesting the lengths the Supreme Court will go to to save the Affordable Care Act.
One might think that the Constitution doesn't determine law.
It's only a tool to be creatively read to justify desired laws.