• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Federal reserve bank reports low wage earners have higher wage growth than others under Trump

Shaul

Premium Member
As the following chart shows, the lowest-paid workers have been experiencing higher median wage growth (the blue line) in the last few years than workers overall (the green line). This reverses the pattern seen in the wake of the Great Recession, when median wage growth for lower-paid workers slowed by more than for workers overall.

upload_2020-1-2_10-24-54.png

macroblog: Faster Wage Growth for the Lowest-Paid Workers

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good news.
But expect some to find a cloud around that silver lining.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As the following chart shows, the lowest-paid workers have been experiencing higher median wage growth (the blue line) in the last few years than workers overall (the green line). This reverses the pattern seen in the wake of the Great Recession, when median wage growth for lower-paid workers slowed by more than for workers overall.

View attachment 36018

Of course, this graph only reflects people who stayed employed, right?

After all, one way to increase the median wage of your lowest-earning workers would be to lay off your minimum wage workers and let everyone else's wages stagnate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

After all, one way to increase the median wage of your lowest-earning workers would be to lay off your minimum wage workers and let everyone else's wages stagnate.
And, as per the norm, it reflects a trend that began under Obama.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Being that the unemployment rate is probably the lowest in all modern time, your post smells of sour grapes...and I mean that in a good way.

PureX

Veteran Member

View attachment 36018

Trump took office in 2016, and they dropped, sharply, after rising all through the Obama administration. I winder why the Federal Reserve would be bending the truth so badly just to make Trump look good? I guess maybe it's because the very wealthy private citizens that own the Federal Reserve Bank have been really cashing in on Trump's tax cuts, lately, while everyone else has been just getting by, or worse. Why YOU are repeating their BS to make Trump look like he's done something that he hasn't, is anyone's guess.

And none of this really maters, anyway, if the cost of living is rising faster than the wages.

PureX

Veteran Member
Being that the unemployment rate is probably the lowest in all modern time, your post smells of sour grapes...and I mean that in a good way.
Well, only because we don't actually count the people without jobs. We only count those looking for jobs. Nor do we factor in those who are working two and three jobs to make ends meet.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
When Walmart raised its wages a few years ago it consolidated a lot of positions, created no win situations to justify the termination of the resulting "excess" labor. Those left had the workload of eliminated positions/staff dumped on them.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
the upward trend in wages is entirely caused by Democrat states raising the minimum wage, nothing to do with Trump, in fact he is against raising the min wage.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Good news.
But expect some to find a cloud around that silver lining.
Such as it being a bunch of political ****. The chart shows a sharp climb from 2013 to 2016 followed by erratic behavior. I look for the silver lining, too; but this isn't it. I have changed out of my brown pants and don't expect our government to be overturned by a dictatorship. I've come around.

When Walmart raised its wages a few years ago it consolidated a lot of positions, created no win situations to justify the termination of the resulting "excess" labor. Those left had the workload of eliminated positions/staff dumped on them.
That explains the widely circulated editorial on facebook that Walmart will be closed on Christmas Eve so that both cashiers can spend time with their families.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Such as it being a bunch of political ****. The chart shows a sharp climb from 2013 to 2016 followed by erratic behavior. I look for the silver lining, too; but this isn't it. I have changed out of my brown pants and don't expect our government to be overturned by a dictatorship. I've come around.

That explains the widely circulated editorial on facebook that Walmart will be closed on Christmas Eve so that both cashiers can spend time with their families.
I've conducted experiments to see if anti-Trumpers can
admit to anything positive about him or how things are going.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I've conducted experiments to see if anti-Trumpers can
admit to anything positive about him or how things are going.
What I wonder is: when they picked him were the Republican leaders trying to make a point to the evangelicals? Seems like that flopped. Its surreal isn't it?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
The pubs didn't seem to want Trump.
But he won the polls.
Its not clear to me. Why did Chris Christie drop out of the race in support of him? That was the moment when this outcome became possible. I remember at the time suggesting black mail could have been the reason for Chris Christie's change of heart. You think it was the polls that convinced Chris Christie to drop out and not the Republican leadership or some other inducement?