• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Research Council shooting.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Ugh... how do people not realize that committing acts of violence, especially against innocent people, in the name of something actually tarnishes the image of that something? They do a disservice to their own cause rather than further it. It only serves to give ammunition (no pun intended) to those who oppose what they stand for. You know damn well that the conservative christians are eating this up (again, no pun intended).

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
While I abhor the right wing socio-political spectrum, what this guy did was ten times worse. The right wing supports guns, and their usage, and, sometimes, on people who disagree with you. However, liberals are for gun control laws, so this guy wasn't even following his own ideology, if he, in fact, was a liberal. I don't know if I'd go so far as to label him a domestic terrorist, simply because we don't know the motives. If his motive was religious, social, or political, then yes, I think the term terrorist should be applied. If he was just a lunatic, then no, more than likely he was mentally unstable. A backpack full of Chic-Fil-A sandwiches kind of makes me lean toward the latter.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
While I abhor the right wing socio-political spectrum, what this guy did was ten times worse. The right wing supports guns, and their usage, and, sometimes, on people who disagree with you. However, liberals are for gun control laws, so this guy wasn't even following his own ideology, if he, in fact, was a liberal. I don't know if I'd go so far as to label him a domestic terrorist, simply because we don't know the motives. If his motive was religious, social, or political, then yes, I think the term terrorist should be applied. If he was just a lunatic, then no, more than likely he was mentally unstable. A backpack full of Chic-Fil-A sandwiches kind of makes me lean toward the latter.

I support gay rights, yet I also support the 2nd Amendment.

Did your head just explode?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
:facepalm:

Wonderful, you just know this is going to backfire against the whole community and that fundies and conservatives are going to play the martyr card and use this as a model to demonize the LGBTQ group and it's allies.
Don't expect the idiocy to be coming from just one side. I have already seen people on other liberal sites going on about how the blame for abortion clinic bombings can be laid at the feet of all Christians while maintaining this mans actions have nothing to with the LGBTQ community.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Ugh... how do people not realize that committing acts of violence, especially against innocent people, in the name of something actually tarnishes the image of that something? They do a disservice to their own cause rather than further it. It only serves to give ammunition (no pun intended) to those who oppose what they stand for. You know damn well that the conservative christians are eating this up (again, no pun intended).
What? the chicken sandwiches? :D Where is the concern for the safety of these conservatives? The only thing I see is concern for how things look for the Libs.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What? the chicken sandwiches? :D Where is the concern for the safety of these conservatives? The only thing I see is concern for how things look for the Libs.

I hope that all innocent people are safe and go unharmed and I am glad that no one was killed and that the security guard is expected to make a full recovery. Are you implying that incidents like this are going to be routine?

4consideration

Premium Member

This is disgusting.

I am glad that you had the decency not to say such a thing about the groups of people involved in the other recent tragic shootings.

Shooting at a conservative christian group and we should know that they are "damn well" "eating up" that someone took shots at people at their organization. You took shots fired at a christian organization as an opportunity to fire a verbal shot. Gross.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I hope that all innocent people are safe and go unharmed and I am glad that no one was killed and that the security guard is expected to make a full recovery. Are you implying that incidents like this are going to be routine?

I think we are seeing selective media coverage right now of every yahoo waving a gun around in the whole country. :D I guess liberals can be rednecks too. :sorry1:

Seriously, if we don't come together as a country soon and stop all this us against them and one side is so superior to the other crap, it will all hit the fan.

People need to get off their high horse and sit down and compromise a little for the good of all of us.

If we don't, I feel that there will be a backlash and things could escalate beyond our wildest imagination and I have a good one.

I sure hope I am wrong. :yes:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This is disgusting.

I am glad that you had the decency not to say such a thing about the groups of people involved in the other recent tragic shootings.

Shooting at a conservative christian group and we should know that they are "damn well" "eating up" that someone took shots at people at their organization. You took shots fired at a christian organization as an opportunity to fire a verbal shot. Gross.

:takeabow:

4consideration

Premium Member
I think we are seeing selective media coverage right now of every yahoo waving a gun around in the whole country. :D I guess liberals can be rednecks too. :sorry1:

Seriously, if we don't come together as a country soon and stop all this us against them and one side is so superior to the other crap, it will all hit the fan.

People need to get off their high horse and sit down and compromise a little for the good of all of us.

If we don't, I feel that there will be a backlash and things could escalate beyond our wildest imagination and I have a good one.

I sure hope I am wrong. :yes:

I agree with you. We really need to stop justifying hating groups of people. People are individuals.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The right wing supports guns, and their usage, and, sometimes, on people who disagree with you.
Really? They support shooting people who disagree?

Were the tables turned, & a conservative shot up a leftish establishment would you lament liberals "eating this up"?

Last edited:

gnomon

They've charged him. He's arrested.

Hold the trial and hope it's fair.

Leave the speculation out and form conclusions after facts from the case come out.

That, however, is not how the media works. Nor, unfortunately, how those who grab any event to create a dialogue for a national educational moment even if it turns out the facts of the event do not support the reasons for the dialogue.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I wonder what this is going to do for the moderate enablers.

Yeah... all those people who uphold their organization's foundational documents as good and true, but ignore the sections in them that advocate violence against groups like the FRC. They should definitely be held to account: just because they don't go around murdering people doesn't mean they don't have blood on their hands when they uphold something that commands all sorts of atrocities as a "holy" example to follow!

Oh... wait: their foundational documents don't actually say this, and they've never endorsed anything that suggests a course of action like this? Never mind, then.

MartyrX

I just read that this was an act of war on Christianity. That is completely absurd and further proof that the Evangelicals want this country by any means necessary.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I just read that this was an act of war on Christianity. That is completely absurd and further proof that the Evangelicals want this country by any means necessary.
They don't want this country, they currently have this country.

This is due to the unholy alliance with the republican party.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Really? They support shooting people who disagree

It seems like it sometimes. Rarely do you hear of conservatives calling shootings like what happened at the Sikh temple reprehensible. From my point of view, the only reason why conservatives dislike Islamic extremism is because they've achieved what conservatives hope for. I may be way off on this, but it's hard to ignore certain facts which lead one to this conclusion. And, this mindset may not be all conservatives, I do realize that there is a portion of conservatives who are not so right wing extreme, but groups like the Tea Party point to the fact that there are those who have gone completely off the end, the right wing end.