• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Research Council shooting.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
It seems like it sometimes. Rarely do you hear of conservatives calling shootings like what happened at the Sikh temple reprehensible. From my point of view, the only reason why conservatives dislike Islamic extremism is because they've achieved what conservatives hope for. I may be way off on this, but it's hard to ignore certain facts which lead one to this conclusion. And, this mindset may not be all conservatives, I do realize that there is a portion of conservatives who are not so right wing extreme, but groups like the Tea Party point to the fact that there are those who have gone completely off the end, the right wing end.
What makes the attacks on Shiks extra tradgic is that Sikhs aren't even Muslim... they're Sikh.

But people don't bother to learn... only hate.

wa:do

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It seems like it sometimes. Rarely do you hear of conservatives calling shootings like what happened at the Sikh temple reprehensible.
I hear it. But sometimes the 'dialogue' betweens lefties & righties isn't conducive
to expressions of sympathy....you know, all the rancor & demonization. So I
wouldn't call perceived silence tacit approval.

From my point of view, the only reason why conservatives dislike Islamic extremism is because they've achieved what conservatives hope for...
I don't think so. Some cons favor a theocracy, but most whom I know don't.
They know it wouldn't be likely that their flavor of religion would be the one which held sway.

....groups like the Tea Party point to the fact that there are those who have gone completely off the end, the right wing end.
Naw....the Tea Party is pretty mainstream, being somewhere between Republicans & Libertarians.
We (Libertarians) are the extremies. We own "extreme"!

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Don't expect the idiocy to be coming from just one side. I have already seen people on other liberal sites going on about how the blame for abortion clinic bombings can be laid at the feet of all Christians while maintaining this mans actions have nothing to with the LGBTQ community.

Oh I don't, and I consider those liberal sites who blame all christians for abortion bombings just as stupid as those conservatives who will use this as ammo against the entire GLBTQ community and it's allies. Why do you think I would expect it to only come from one side?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
What was a bit surreal was the cold shoulder that the media (generally speaking) gave towards this incident. Most people know the names James Holmes or Wade Page, and they know of Wade Page's "Neo-Nazi" ideology.

Few people recognized the name Floyd Lee Corkins when I brought it up in conversation, nor his considerably more progressive ideology.
These are an order of magnitude apart... this schmuck managed to wing a guard not kill a dozen people. :sarcastic

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
What makes the attacks on Shiks extra tradgic is that Sikhs aren't even Muslim... they're Sikh.

But people don't bother to learn... only hate.

I'm a conservative and you can go and read the other thread, I said it broke my heart what happened.

The crap cuts both ways, the liberal media dropped this story like a hot potatoe.

Seriously, I can see the B.S. In my own party can you see yours?

Just saying, both parties are hypocrits. Do you not see this PW?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Don't expect the idiocy to be coming from just one side. I have already seen people on other liberal sites going on about how the blame for abortion clinic bombings can be laid at the feet of all Christians while maintaining this mans actions have nothing to with the LGBTQ community.

Most people hold to the idea that killing can be justified if it's in self defense or in defense of others. Even if a person doesn't kill abortion providers themselves, if they go around shouting "abortion is murder!", they are supporting something that, if it were true, would be a generally reasonable justification for murder.
I mean, if I thought wholesale murder of children was actually happening and that the government refused to do anything to stop it, I might just be inclined to take the old expression "the sword that kills is the sword that gives life" literally myself. There is a direct, logical connection between the "abortion is murder" crowd and the killing of abortion providers.

Please show us the similar connection between some position within the LGBT movement and the idea that killing people at the FRC is a good idea.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm a conservative and you can go and read the other thread, I said it broke my heart what happened.

The crap cuts both ways, the liberal media dropped this story like a hot potatoe.

Seriously, I can see the B.S. In my own party can you see yours?

Just saying, both parties are hypocrits. Do you not see this PW?
What?

I don't have a party... and I agree both parties are hypocrites.

But what does that have to do with anything I said? :shrug: