• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolutionists - What do you know about Creationism?

shawn001

Mestemia here is some of that empirical evidence that you and others have been asking for:

Posted same thing on the other thread:

As pointed out there are different concepts of creationism.

The one which I believe in says that we were created from water and clay.

Doesn't science say that the human body is mostly water?

Your using science?

What are all life forms on Earth made out of, what element? Do you know and if you don't know look it up and where it actually came from. I would be interested in your answer.

JustWondering2

Just the facts Ma'am
Your using science?

What are all life forms on Earth made out of, what element? Do you know and if you don't know look it up and where it actually came from. I would be interested in your answer.
Ew ew gee can I answer that for him??? It's so easy......GOD didit!!!:sarcastic
Such a simple answer that even a child can understand, like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy! Sadly those are all nothing but fairy tales that I realized were just that as I grew up and became more educated. I'd like to hear his answer as well! I bet he's never heard of Nucleosynthesis!!!! Nucleosynthesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's so my easier to just say GOD didit. But so much more interesting to know the how instead of assuming the who!! IMHO

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If no one teaches me anything about creationism I will be inclined to assume you have nothing to teach

I could teach you my brand, but mine is without a doubt NOT the brand of creationism virtually everyone thinks of when they hear that word. *shrug*

As for the question posed by the OP, I know little of forms of creationism outside of the one(s) I believe in. I am simply not interested in the dominant form of creationism in my culture, as Christian mythology posits a separation between "creator" and "creation" that I do not subscribe to. I am particularly uninterested in Christian creationism that (in my opinion) misuses mythopoetic storytelling by taking such accounts as literal truth.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I could teach you my brand, but mine is without a doubt NOT the brand of creationism virtually everyone thinks of when they hear that word. *shrug*

As for the question posed by the OP, I know little of forms of creationism outside of the one(s) I believe in. I am simply not interested in the dominant form of creationism in my culture, as Christian mythology posits a separation between "creator" and "creation" that I do not subscribe to. I am particularly uninterested in Christian creationism that (in my opinion) misuses mythopoetic storytelling by taking such accounts as literal truth.

I am after the """ SCIENTIFIC""" explanation.

That said, I am always curious about people's beliefs :D Do share :D

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I must admit my understanding of creationism is limited, primarily to the Abrahamic tradition in depth while several others in a much more vague fashion... that said, and I mean this with no malice and utmost respect none I have encountered account for all of the scientific evidence thus far identified.

I do however accept the possibility that such creation stories (and the capacity for divine intervention in obtaining the current configuration of the universe) are true at least in a metaphorical respect - though significantly far from a literal interpretation would need to be used. As a result of such an acceptance, I do not believe it ill advised to discontinue further investigation of the various creation stories - since I remain open to them at a metaphorical level while at the literal level of interpretation I have already learned sufficient to disbelieve those creation stories I have encountered so far.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I know for sure, that creationism was created :D

Oh would of thunk such a thing would such a darned good point.

I'll throw in there too that evolutionism itself has evolved throughout the years.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So, you accept one process which is essentially identical to the other with only time being the relevant difference. LOL!

:slap: No. Nice try though. ;)

Lets see the "essentially identical changes" of the following example.

1. Micro evolution - Monkeys hair clolour turns lighter during summer and darker during winter.

2. Macro evolution - Monkey turns to human?

I know almost everyone is going to take this the wrong way so I might as well give a hint. Do you know what this smiley represents :sarcastic

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Your using science?

What do you mean by 'You're using science?"

And for the second part, I don't even know what to search for. What should I type?

Don't even know hot it is related to my statement of us being created from water?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Lets see the "essentially identical changes" of the following example.

1. Micro evolution - Monkeys hair clolour turns lighter during summer and darker during winter.
Wrong. That has absolutely nothing to do with evolution ("micro" or "macro")

2. Macro evolution - Monkey turns to human?
Also wrong. No form of evolution claims that monkeys "turn into" humans, or that any coexisting species can evolve into the other. Your understanding of both micro and macro evolution is nonexistant.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Wrong. That has absolutely nothing to do with evolution ("micro" or "macro")

Also wrong. No form of evolution claims that monkeys "turn into" humans, or that any coexisting species can evolve into the other. Your understanding of both micro and macro evolution is nonexistant.

I'll add 1 to the tally of those who failed to understand my example.

hover over the smiley please :sarcastic

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I'll add 1 to the tally of those who failed to understand my example.

hover over the smiley please :sarcastic
So you were just being sarcastic? Do you have an actual, non-sarcastic response?

Also, you don't appear to understand how to use sarcasm.

beerisit

So you were just being sarcastic? Do you have an actual, non-sarcastic response?

Also, you don't appear to understand how to use sarcasm.
Sarcasm is an art form that needs to be nurtured and practiced. Not much chance of that when you gotta pray five times a day.
Oh I'm sorry.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Since eselam has not answered yet (I believe I asked this three or four times). Let me ask again, in bold.

You already told us you know nothing about biology or evolutionary biology (your words). And yet you reject it and argue against it.
Well since you reject it, you must studied and understood the alternative.
So what do you know about Creationism? what books do you read? did you take any courses?
Really, give us anything to work with.