• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolutionists - What do you know about Creationism?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
In the recent thread about humans being animals, it has become apparent (to me at least) that evolutionists have no idea about what creationism teaches.

When a creationist rejects evolution, then the creationist is ignorant of evolution that's why he rejects it. And actually anyone who does rejected is labeled as being ignorant of evolution.

Well I have a question, how much do you as an evolutionist know about creation to come to the conclusion that it isn't true?

Having read the Bible or OT and NT doesn't count as having studied creation. It just counts as having read the Bible. :cool:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
In the recent thread about humans being animals, it has become apparent (to me at least) that evolutionists have no idea about what creationism teaches.

When a creationist rejects evolution, then the creationist is ignorant of evolution that's why he rejects it. And actually anyone who does rejected is labeled as being ignorant of evolution.

Well I have a question, how much do you as an evolutionist know about creation to come to the conclusion that it isn't true?

Having read the Bible or OT and NT doesn't count as having studied creation. It just counts as having read the Bible. :cool:
Just to know that we are on the same page. What are your credentials on the topic of Creationism?

beerisit

Actually the people who rejects evolution usually conflates it with abiogenesis or the big bang or any other idea they also reject and is quite rightly labeled as being ignorant of evolution.
The creation story is most commonly associated with the story of genesis in the Christian bible. Apparently Muhammad came up with another version of the one he had vaguely remembered, are you claiming that in order to understand creationism one must study this story as well? What of all the other creation stories, such as the rainbow serpent?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Actually the people who rejects evolution usually conflates it with abiogenesis or the big bang or any other idea they also reject and is quite rightly labeled as being ignorant of evolution.
The creation story is most commonly associated with the story of genesis in the Christian bible. Apparently Muhammad came up with another version of the one he had vaguely remembered, are you claiming that in order to understand creationism one must study this story as well? What of all the other creation stories, such as the rainbow serpent?

You have misunderstood. My message is that having read the Bible doesn't make you a creationist expert. The Bible or any other scripture, although they may mention something scientific, are not science books.

So what information, other than from the Bible and/or Qur'an, do you know about creationism?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
You did a very good job at answering the OP so I thought I'd repay you.
Honestly eselam. You asked about the understanding of other peope about Creationism.
What are your credentials on the subject? in which academic establishment did you personally study the science of Creationism?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Honestly eselam. You asked about the understanding of other peope about Creationism.
What are your credentials on the subject? in which academic establishment did you personally study the science of Creationism?

Like I said before. You are an evolutionist, what are your credentials on creation and evolution since you have rejected one and accepted the other.

And don't change the subject to what it's not. I'm not saying that evolution is false and creation is true or vice versa. I am only asking people how much of creation do they really know.

Your question has no basis in the OP and is just random. You don't have to post if you don't want to answer the OP. Simple.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Like I said before. You are an evolutionist, what are your credentials on creation and evolution since you have rejected one and accepted the other.

And don't change the subject to what it's not. I'm not saying that evolution is false and creation is true or vice versa. I am only asking people how much of creation do they really know.

Your question has no basis in the OP and is just random. You don't have to post if you don't want to answer the OP. Simple.
Let me get this straight, inquiring you about your understanding of Creationism is irrelevant in a thread that asks just that? :areyoucra

You started this thread, at least have the common courtesy to be the first to answer the question.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Let me get this straight, inquiring you about your understanding of Creationism is irrelevant in a thread that asks just that? :areyoucra

You started this thread, at least have the common courtesy to be the first to answer the question.

So no one other than an evolutionary scientist (From memory only PaintedWolf is such) in this forum is allowed to open a thread on evolution and creation. That's very nice to know.

I get it though. I understand your answer. ;)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
So no one other than an evolutionary scientist (From memory only PaintedWolf is such) in this forum is allowed to open a thread on evolution and creation. That's very nice to know.

Pathologically defensive I see. Your thread is opened, I'm only trying to get it going. You are not really helping though.
No one is stopping you from creating this thread. You created it. Why not stay on it's topic? why can't you answer your own question? what are you so afraid of?

If you are asking about other peoples understanding of Creationism, I need to know what sources do you consider as credible for such an understanding. I also need to know what is your background with such sources.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My credentials on creation: Masters in Mechanical Engineering. I'm also licensed to drive in all 50 states....or is that 57 states?
My credentials on evolution: Same. Plus, I come from a long line of apelike ancestors.
My knowledge of creationism: Just what I read in forums.
Since there are many flavors of creationism, I'll generalize & over-simplify:
- God did it. There is no scientific evidence for this view.
- Micro-evolution might be possible, but macro-evolution isn't. There is no theoretical or scientific evidence for this view.
- Scientific dating techniques are unreliable. There is no evidence for this view.

Last edited:

beerisit

You have misunderstood. My message is that having read the Bible doesn't make you a creationist expert. The Bible or any other scripture, although they may mention something scientific, are not science books.

So what information, other than from the Bible and/or Qur'an, do you know about creationism?
Since the accepted western version of creationism is the bible, perhaps you need to define what you are claiming is creationism. Is the Rainbow Serpent a part of this science you claim?

A Troubled Man

Then, teach us all about creationism since you are obviously an authority. In fact, I'll even offer up an atheist definition of creationism to get you started...

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica] "Creationism is the religious doctrine, opposed to naturalistic evolution, that life on this planet was created by a special, unique act of God. Creationism goes beyond this traditional religious belief, however, in asserting that this belief can be proven empirically and scientifically."[/FONT]

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So far knowledge of Creationism = 0 :rolleyes:

Maybe I should make my question easier, the Bible does count as a book on creation. If you have read it then you have sufficient knowledge on creation.

Caladan, you qualify mate. That's a heavy burden off your shoulders.

:facepalm:

Krok

I'm not a biologist, but I accepted the theory of evolution.

You guys would call me an "evolutionist", although I (and the rest of the scientific community), certainly would not call me that. The same way I accepted the atom theory, but I'm not a phycisist. You guys should call me an "atomist", too, if you had any form of integrity.

So, in the general sense, you guys would call me an "evolutionist". The same way in which I'm a "gravitationist".

That's why I'll answer this.

There are "creationists" who also accept the Theory of Evolution, to the exact same extent as non-religious scientists do. They don't call themselves creationists, they call themselves things like "theistic evolutionists".

They are religious, biologists and accept the Theory of Evolution. That's more than 99.9% of religious biologists!

I do not count those scientists as creationists at all.

With that in mind; I have got a very good idea of "creation science". Everything I've ever read from what creationists call "creation sciece" is always untrue.

I see Kent Hovind, Harun Yahya and Michael Behe as creationists.

I don't see people like Ken Miller and all those other religious scientists who accept evolution a s creationists.
[When a creationist rejects evolution, then the creationist is ignorant of evolution .....
Of the few trained biologists who reject the Theory of Evolution, not one of them is ignorant about the theory. They just suffer intense cases of "blocking out reality not to end up burning, because the believe they will if they don't". However, every single one of them active in "creation science", always lies to try and justify his or her faith. There's no exception to this.
...that's why he rejects it.
No, lay-people reject it because they mostly are ignorant. Real scientists who do reject it, always have to lie, even to themselves, to maintain their faiths.
And actually anyone who does rejected is labeled as being ignorant of evolution.
We've got plenty of evidence for that on this web-site. There's not even one trained biologist who is a creationist on this here.
I read a lot on creationists web-sites. They always lie. Read a lot of what Kent Hovind, Harun Yahya, Michael Behe, etc. have to say. Also seen their videos. All of them always lie. That's all they have.
I've done that, too. As well as the Quran. As well as other religious books. Remember, the overwhelming majority of religious scientists also accept the Theory of Evoltion. More than 99.9% of them.

It seems as if you don't understand: the Theory of Evolution is a scientific one. Not a religious one. That's why more than 99.9% of relevant religious scientists also accept the Theory of Evolution.

But, too answer your question directly, I do understand creationism very, very well. It is not science.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
What a boring discussion. If I don't know about Panku, will you ridicule me for it? Why would knowing yet another unsupported view explaining the beginning of the world help?

In any case, what's your point?

Krok

You misunderstand. Not many people other than painted wolf on this forum (and one or two others) would be able to open a thread on biology without making a fool of him or herself.

What do you think biologists do all those years at uni? Pay the money at the beginning of the first year, go into the nearest pub, drink a lot of beer and then collect a degree on the way out ten years later? If that's the case, painted wolf had exceptional beer conveying an unbelievable amount of knowledge into that head. He or she must have had a shooter or two, too. Beer alone can't do it.

No, eselam, painted wolf worked. Worked his or her **** off. For years. Way more difficult that reading a few web-sites in your free time.
eselam, do you have any education in biology?

Last edited:

beerisit

You misunderstand. Not many people other than painted wolf on this forum (and one or two others) would be able to open a thread on biology without making a fool of him or herself.

What do you think biologists do all those years at uni? Pay the money at the beginning of the first year, go into the nearest pub, drink a lot of beer and then collect a degree on the way out ten years later?
But, but, but. oops