• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolutionists - What do you know about Creationism?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Lets clear some things up.

I have no education whatsoever on biology, I don't even know the definition of the word biology OK.

As for the purpose of the thread, simple, I just want to know how much evolutionists know about creation. That's all, this is not a debate.

If someone comes up saying I know blah blah blah I'm not going to argue, I just want to know how much you guys know about it.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
do you have any education in biology?
Forget about biology, what is his education about Creationism?

I'll try to restart this thread again.
I read various books about evolution. My favourites are The Selfish Gene, and The Blind Watchmaker. I also read plenty of articles on human and general evolution. I studied human evolution in the university.
'Creationism wise', I have a degree in Ancient Near Eastern studies. Part of the studies was covering ancient near eastern religions, including the creation and origin myths, of course there is some basic understanding of how these progressed into religions such as Islam in the future. I also have a degree in the archaeology of Israel, where I studied with world class prehistorians who study human evolution and make cutting edge discoveries.
I read whole books about human evolution as part of my studies, and also whole books about ancient near eastern and mediterranean religion, and Biblical beliefs.
I have a background to reach my own educated conclusions on evolution and creationism.

There. I got the ball rolling. Now it's your turn eselam.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Forget about biology, what is his education about Creationism?

I'll try to restart this thread again.
I read various books about evolution. My favourites are The Selfish Gene, and The Blind Watchmaker. I also read plenty of articles on human and general evolution. I studied human evolution in the university.
'Creationism wise', I have a degree in Ancient Near Eastern studies. Part of the studies was covering ancient near eastern religions, including the creation and origin myths, of course there is some basic understanding of how these progressed into religions such as Islam in the future. I also have a degree in the archaeology of Israel, where I studied with world class prehistorians who study human evolution and make cutting edge discoveries.
I read whole books about human evolution as part of my studies, and also whole books about ancient near eastern and mediterranean religion, and Biblical beliefs.
I have a background to reach my own educated conclusions on evolution and creationism.

There. I got the ball rolling. Now it's your turn eselam.

I'd hate to be the main character of the thread. I don't like lead roles.

So about evolution you must be well knowledge on natural selection and all that.

What do you know of creationism other than intelligent design (God creating everything perfectly).

Do you know how God created us? From what he created us? etc Do you know any such information?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

I have no education whatsoever on biology, I don't even know the definition of the word biology OK.

As for the purpose of the thread, simple, I just want to know how much evolutionists know about creation. That's all, this is not a debate.

If someone comes up saying I know blah blah blah I'm not going to argue, I just want to know how much you guys know about it.
I'm not sure there's much to know (or too much to know) about it. There is no evidence indicating creation by a supernatural entity, so on the factual level there is nothing to know. As far as the stories go, we have Indian, Norse, Greek, Canaanite, Babylonian, Chinese, Japanese...well you get the picture:

List of creation myths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can say I'm rather educated on the myths. They're interesting fictions.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I'd hate to be the main character of the thread. I don't like lead roles.

So about evolution you must be well knowledge on natural selection and all that.

What do you know of creationism other than intelligent design (God creating everything perfectly).

Do you know how God created us? From what he created us? etc Do you know any such information?
I studied plenty of origin beliefs from religious narratives which deal with the creation of Man.
I studied in detail such Egyptian beliefs, Mesopotamian beliefs, Biblical beliefs, Classical beliefs, etc.

A Troubled Man

Then, how is it that you can even comment on evolution or anything related to biology? Do you realize how utterly intellectually dishonest that is?

Krok

What do you know of creationism other than intelligent design
All that creationists have to say is : "goddidit". That's it.
(God creating everything perfectly).
That's the general thing creationists tell us (with no evidence involved). Other creationists don't actually say that. They just have vague "explanations".
No idea. Creationists are very, very vague. Basically they say that "goddidit somehow". That's about it.

Of course, you could try to provide some verifiable explanation for your idea of creation. If you could, we're all ears. No creationist has ever been able to do it. Just remember, trying to falsify the Theory of Evolution is not evidence for special creation at all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then why did you start this thread?
I think you were dishonest when doing it.:sorry1:
What was dishonest about a straightforward question (albeit a rather broad one)?
One could just as easily say the digression into qualifications is dishonest.
To give each other the benefit of doubt serves us better.

Last edited:

Tristesse

Creationism doesn't exactly take exhuastive knowledge on the subject. A god created everything in the universe. Wow, the knowledge I've gained from this understanding is immense. BTW, you do understand that there isn't only biblical creationism, right?

Krok

What was dishonest about a straightforward question,
albeit one so broad that one must select one's own theme.
Here:
"In the recent thread about humans being animals, it has become apparent (to me at least) that evolutionists have no idea about what creationism teaches."

1. He can't explain why he thinks "evolutionists' have no idea about what creationism teaches. He just makes an accusation.

2. He doesn't even know what creationism teaches, evidenced by the fact that he doesn't even want to inform us on what they teach.

That's dishonest.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here:
"In the recent thread about humans being animals, it has become apparent (to me at least) that evolutionists have no idea about what creationism teaches."
1. He can't explain why he thinks "evolutionists' have no idea about what creationism teaches. He just makes an accusation.
2. He doesn't even know what creationism teaches, evidenced by the fact that he doesn't even want to inform us on what they teach.
That's dishonest.
I prefer to see how it can be honest.
So I told him what little I knew.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
In the recent thread about humans being animals, it has become apparent (to me at least) that evolutionists have no idea about what creationism teaches.
That is because you cannot even get creationists to come to a census as to what creationism teaches.

When a creationist rejects evolution, then the creationist is ignorant of evolution that's why he rejects it. And actually anyone who does rejected is labeled as being ignorant of evolution.
Interesting how you would take your personal experiences and try to label them as absolute for all.

there are people who understand evolution and still reject it out of plain old fashioned denial.
Then there are the ones who reject evolution out of fear of their deity.
Then there are the ones who reject evolution out of fear of rejection by their family and friends.

Well I have a question, how much do you as an evolutionist know about creation to come to the conclusion that it isn't true?
I have not come to the conclusion that creation is not true.
I have come to the conclusion that it is more probable to be nothing more than a self serving bull **** story.
Just like the whole "sanctity of life" and "sanctity of marriage" are both nothing more than man made self serving bull **** **** stories.

Having read the Bible or OT and NT doesn't count as having studied creation. It just counts as having read the Bible. :cool:
so what counts as "studying" creation?
Given that there is exactly zero objective empirical evidence in support of creation, what exactly are people supposed to "study"?

outhouse

Atheistically
In the recent thread about humans being animals, it has become apparent (to me at least) that evolutionists have no idea about what creationism teaches.

When a creationist rejects evolution, then the creationist is ignorant of evolution that's why he rejects it. And actually anyone who does rejected is labeled as being ignorant of evolution.

Well I have a question, how much do you as an evolutionist know about creation to come to the conclusion that it isn't true?

Having read the Bible or OT and NT doesn't count as having studied creation. It just counts as having read the Bible. :cool:

creation is mythology and I know exactly how, why, and when it was created.

Ignorance is the key word here. early man was ignorant and had no idea how the world came to be let alone how life forms came to be, so they attributed it to deities they themselves created.

creation mythology pre-dates the abrahamic deity, and this creation mythology was used by proto Israelites and handed down to israelites from these previous civilizations. this mythology goes back to the beginning of writing almost 6000 years ago in Sumerian legends. Egyptians who also have writing almost as long also have creation mythology. Its nothing new. Its just early mans ignorance and modern mens issue of not letting ancient mythology go in the light of modern science and technology that shows without a doubt where mankinds origins developed .

stop the pseudoscience please

Krok

As a former Creationist. Quite a bit.
I don't know about that. The only "arguments" they have are those by YEC's and ID's.

Actually very, very few creationists, just writing about the same things over and over again.

Even the "major" Islamitic creationists use exactly the same arguments. It's all on a few web-sites; all using the same "arguments". Very little in geology, anyway.

Claiming that "all those sedimentary basins indicate a flood" somehow; fossils "on" the Himalayas; Coccolites somewhere in some deposit in America, A mini-Grand Canyon after Mount St. Helens; global stories about a flood; "assumptions" on "carbon dating". Oh, and don't forget, their version of the "geological column". That's about it.

Very, very little. And they just lie about everything in every single one of these. That's it.

Really, they have nothing. To a person who doesn't know anything, it might seems like something. To a geologist; just the ravings of a mad person.

Last edited: