• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Actually means I mostly likely would. Unless it's a war with extraterrestrials. I wouldn't know exactly what I would do then. Die, probably.
A little before your evolutionary time probably.

YoursTrue

I always enjoyed that poignant part from Dylan Thomas. Despite evolution and its inherent death process though, why protest? You and I can't do anything about the death process, and of course, you can't blame evolution for it, can you?

YoursTrue

I don't protest death. I object to mass murder, war, rape, etc.
According to life, death, and its natural way, death is the inevitable outcome, right? Most people want their children to outlive them, but it doesn't always work out that way. Naturally since death is not a person, you can't call it as a result of natural processes a mass murderer. In essence then, evolution isn't a person and of course you can't be angry with death because it's just the way things are. Yet Dylan Thomas's phrases are touching.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
According to life, death, and its natural way, death is the inevitable outcome, right? Most people want their children to outlive them, but it doesn't always work out that way. Naturally since death is not a person, you can't call it as a result of natural processes a mass murderer. In essence then, evolution isn't a person and of course you can't be angry with death because it's just the way things are. Yet Dylan Thomas's phrases are touching.
Murder is an unacceptable outcome. I never call death a murderer. It's simply a collector. It's an end of life. No anger at all for death. My anger is for wrongful imposition of one's will upon another, disregard for another's life and sanctity.

YoursTrue

Murder is an unacceptable outcome. I never call death a murderer. It's simply a collector. It's an end of life. No anger at all for death. My anger is for wrongful imposition of one's will upon another, disregard for another's life and sanctity.
Some deaths are easier than others. Some die in their infancy. Some die painfully from disease. You don't call it a murderer, but figuratively it can be referred to as a person.

YoursTrue

Let me ask you this: if someone were starving your family would you take action or just lay down and die?

YoursTrue

Also Viker, I can only guess you don't have a gun, right? What about taking an animal's life? How do you feel about that?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Also Viker, I can only guess you don't have a gun, right? What about taking an animal's life? How do you feel about that?
You assume much. If I had to take the life of an animal to feed myself or my loved ones, I could do so. If I had to take the life of a human, in defense (I don't see that as wrongful), I likely could do so. I prefer archery but have a pistol and a shotgun. I also have my father's Gold Cup trophy pistols as an inheritance, he was a pistol marksman and competitor. He wanted me to have them to remember him by and, frankly, I was a better shot than him. Why shouldn't I have them?

YoursTrue

You assume much. If I had to take the life of an animal to feed myself or my loved ones, I could do so. If I had to take the life of a human, in defense (I don't see that as wrongful), I likely could do so. I prefer archery but have a pistol and a shotgun. I also have my father's Gold Cup trophy pistols as an inheritance, he was a pistol marksman and competitor. He wanted me to have them to remember him by and, frankly, I was a better shot than him. Why shouldn't I have them?
So you consider humans to be in a higher position somehow than animals, although you, as an evolutionist, probably believe humans ARE animals, right? Do you eat animals like chicken, fish and beef, etc. now, or are you a vegetarian?

YoursTrue

Ah, so if you were convinced that people you don't know, never met, were going to kill you, you would try to kill them, right?

YoursTrue

I'm sure you keep them under control so no unauthorized person could get a hold of them. OK, thank you for explaining your viewpoint. You don't mind dying for yourself or your loved ones, right? Because that's just the way it is perhaps.