• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

F1fan

Veteran Member
The funny thing about AiG and the Discovery Institute is that to create the fraud they do requires them to understand the actual science and what it concludes. These organizations create what looks like science, but is fraud. The Wedge Document exposes the fraud, if anyone is familiar with it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here we shall discuss evidence of NOAH's FLOOD. There is ongoing scientific research that has brought to light many interesting finds, that contrary to some or many ---- does in fact point more and more to a monumental worldwide cataclysm that is labelled the FLOOD in GOD's Word: Global Evidences of the Genesis Flood
I am sorry, but it is rather laughable when you refer to a source that does not even understand the plural of evidence. I will gladly discuss the scientific evidence for a flood. The problem is that you do not have any.

First off you need to know that the term "scientific evidence' is very well defined. It was not defined for evolution but for all of the sciences. And when one is having a scientific debate it is the sort of evidence that one needs to use.

So here we go:

"Scientific evidence is evidence that serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis."

That is it. I can provide other sources that use the same definition.

So first off to have evidence you need to have a proper scientific hypothesis. What is your model and what predictions does it make? What observation could possibly refute it if it was wrong?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your source is Answers in Genesis? I think that's akin to citing a tabloid magazine as a "reliable source" to convince skeptics that Bigfoot exists.
I did not check the source. But I should have. They are one of the few sources that is so incredibly ignorant that they do not even know the plural of evidence.

And to the OP, I am sorry but Answers in Genesis is not a valid scientific source. To even work there one has to swear to not use the scientific method. They do not even try to hide this fact very well. That makes all of their work pseudoscience.

You can still use them for ideas, but you somehow have to work their claims into a scientific hypothesis if you want to claim to have scientific evidence. They are simply a site that lies to the ignorant.

ppp

Here we shall discuss evidence of NOAH's FLOOD. There is ongoing scientific research that has brought to light many interesting finds, that contrary to some or many ---- does in fact point more and more to a monumental worldwide cataclysm that is labelled the FLOOD in GOD's Word: Global Evidences of the Genesis Flood
I suspect that people are wondering if you understand your claim well enough to argue for your point, or if you are simply going to post links to other peoples thoughts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Evidence God kills innocent children, kills animals, Evidence God is an evil murderer? Really? Trying to find evidence God is evil?
It is indeed quite odd that some Christians would rather believe that there God was an evil psychopath rather than not taking Genesis literally. You would think that Christians would be ecstatic that all of the evil acts that are ascribed to God in the Old Testament never happened. Their God is not anywhere near as evil as they believe that he is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Where did the OP go? The article loses on its first claim. It is not scientific, it is just an empty ignorant claim that ignores how mountains are made.

But since the OP is not here let me deal with fossil shells high up on mountains. Yes, we do observe that. Is it evidence for a flood? Not at all since they never made a testable hypothesis. But lets see what a testable hypothesis would look like.

If there was a global flood as in the Bible that would kill almost all sea life. Perhaps the larval stages of corals, mollusks etc. could survive. but the adult forms would have been killed by the changing salinity of sea water. Ask anyone that has a salt tank what happens to their pets if the salinity varies greatly. So we have a layer of dead sea life. And I suppose that some of it could be piled up on mountains, but one would need to explain how. Letting all of go what would we see? Well, at any one time there are not all that many clams, mussels, fish, or corals living. And the Earth was only a two or three thousand years old according to the myth. That does not give much time for the accumulation for much in the way of shells. So we might have a foot or two, heck call it three feet or even ten feet of shells built up by then, but that would be a huge exaggeration. What would we see Well we might have a few feet of shells that somehow survived extremely rough seas. What do we see instead. We see layers of limestone, sometimes thousands of feet thick when we add up all of the strata. Not just on mountains, but all around the world. Sorry, but the observations do not match the hypothesis. That claim is busted.

All that article is is a long list of PRATT's. If you are unfamiliar with that term it is an acronym. The letters stand for Points Refuted A Thousand Times.

If you want to find evidence for the flood you need to work a lot harder. Meanwhile here is a picture that drives Flood believers nuts. It is easy to explain with standard geology. It cannot be explained by relying on a worldwide Flood:

1692506823066.png

It is better if you go to the site. Left click on the image once. Then click on it again:

Wow! You can now click on it three times. But that is too much.

Viker

Häxan
Evidence God kills innocent children, kills animals, Evidence God is an evil murderer? Really? Trying to find evidence God is evil?
The flip side to Biblical literalism. God's the worst mass murderer in history, if true. When I was younger it's that idea that made me dystheistic, meaning I temporarily believed God was not only not good but quite the opposite.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

AIG, really.

73861d411c48af79db6e1416dec2c38b.gif.gif

Do you have any indipendant scientific sources. In fact, does AIG?