• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
of divinely ordained
Death, even when occasionally avoidable, is imminent and inevitable. I prefer to focus on life and living.
I understand. Many people are depressed and seek to enjoy life while they are alive. That does not remove the spectre of death though, does it? Death is a certainty by the process of evolution. Would you think it's better if people just died from nonviolent circumstances? You know, like lay down and die from old age because according to the belief, aging by evolution is structured within?

YoursTrue

Death, even when occasionally avoidable, is imminent and inevitable. I prefer to focus on life and living.
Death therefore is, according to your viewpoint, inevitable according to the natural process of evolution, right? When is death in your view, occasionally avoidable? You mean when a car doesn't mow them down or they don't get a disease that shortens a typical lifespan, things like that?

YoursTrue

Focusing on life does not remove the actuality of the inevitability of death though, does it? And since death is not a person, you can't hate it, right,? Because it's not a person.

YoursTrue

Also, @Viker if hundreds of people die in a fire or tsunami, do you hate the fire or flood? In fact, now that we're talking about it why be sad? Do you think it evolved into our brains to be sad about death sometimes?

YoursTrue

The ancient cultures around the earth that predate Genesis would have drown in the Israelites flood story. To account for that the authors of the story claimed God mixed up all the languages. But not to fault them, when they originally wrote the story for the child like mind of bronze age sheep herders, they didn't claim to be inspired by God. The ruling priest class would latter make such a claim.
There is no doubt in my mind at least that Noah kept a detailed journal.

YoursTrue

Focusing on life is one thing. But as many people that are born, that many will die. So you can't be angry over the fact of the inevitability of death, can you? That is the point right now.

YoursTrue

Noah's flood was a smaller flood even between the rivers. That's why when it "suddenly appeared" in the writings of the Hebrew priest class it was adoptable. The Priestly elite felt it important to keep impressing upon the people that they were "chosen". Israel's sense of divinely ordained nationalism grew out of these established traditions.
The Bible clearly indicates that Noah kept a detailed record. Moses surely knew about it.

Colt

There is no doubt in my mind at least that Noah kept a detailed journal.
Of a smaller flood yes. Building his house in houseboat fashion, bringing the animals in at night in anticipation of periodic flooding, Noah’s story became legend. The Hebrew priest class adopted and expanded the known legend.

Colt

The Bible clearly indicates that Noah kept a detailed record. Moses surely knew about it.
Yes, that’s what the benefactors of the myth claimed. Even as a child I knew it wasn’t true. Like Santa Clause, I knew my parents were lying!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Also, @Viker if hundreds of people die in a fire or tsunami, do you hate the fire or flood? In fact, now that we're talking about it why be sad? Do you think it evolved into our brains to be sad about death sometimes?
You do not seem to understand the difference between events caused by an agency and natural events. If someone killed your father in front of you would you just shrug it off because he was supposedly going to heaven?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Here we shall discuss evidence of NOAH's FLOOD. There is ongoing scientific research that has brought to light many interesting finds, that contrary to some or many ---- does in fact point more and more to a monumental worldwide cataclysm that is labelled the FLOOD in GOD's Word: Global Evidences of the Genesis Flood
I agree, there’s a lot of evidence in support of the Biblical Flood!

https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/flood-evidences-—-revised.223411/

You’re not a YEC (Young Earth Creationist), are you?

If you are, then we’ll disagree on much of the evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree, there’s a lot of evidence in support of the Biblical Flood!

https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/flood-evidences-—-revised.223411/

You’re not a YEC (Young Earth Creationist), are you?

If you are, then we’ll disagree on much of the evidence.
You still do not seem to understand the concept of evidence. Also, you only posted an address, not a link. But since you were repeatedly shown to be wrong in that thread perhaps it was on purpose.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
No other culture on earth remembers a great, great.....great grandpa Noah except for the people who invented the story who just happen to be descendants of the main character! Motive? Establish an authoritative line of descent back to the Adam of Mesopotamian lore. Blood lines and authority are everything in Judaism.

Much of Old Testament history is and exaggeration and produced for an Israelite audience to prop up flagging faith during the Babylonian captivity period. The existing secular history books mentioned in the OT vanished from history! IMOP
If this were true - that the Bible is simply embellished lies & fabricated history - it never would have become one of the most respected books, certainly the most popular book, ever written!

Contemporary writers would have trashed it’s veracity, decrying it’s prophecies.

We don’t find that to be the case…

The ancient Library of Alexandria, the Pergamum Library, et. al., if they still existed, would probably uphold much of what is found in Scripture. (Modern Archeology does so all the time.)

With the loss of those libraries, we lost much of our understanding of ancient history.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If this were true - that the Bible is simply embellished lies & fabricated history - it never would have become one of the most respected books, certainly the most popular book, ever written!

Contemporary writers would have trashed it’s veracity, decrying it’s prophecies.

We don’t find that to be the case…

The ancient Library of Alexandria, the Pergamum Library, et. al., if they still existed, would probably uphold much of what is found in Scripture. (Modern Archeology does so all the time.)

With the loss of those libraries, we lost much of our understanding of ancient history.
What makes you say that? Where is your evidence for that claim?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
What "facts"? Many of your claimed facts you could never justify.

Meanwhile you had to ignore all of the evidence against the flood.
You ignore the evidence.
Your explanation of how the animals ended up within the Permafrost - I think you said something like they might have gotten “too close to a glacier” - cracked me up. (That was a good laugh.)

You have no other viable explanation.

I guess the other evidences are just “coincidences.”