• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
My personal view is that the first three incarnation s
@Bharat Jhunjhunwala Thank you for your help in figuring out what imagination is and what to actually study about how the Meena people survived and managed through their weather. However, I really need your help with this.

From your book, I learned. Fish pulled the boat; what was hooked to the horn of the fish? A net, rope, or what? What was the hook made from, and what did the Meena community carry with them for survival?" Please read below screenshots.

View attachment 88059 How boat tied to horn of fish
View attachment 88052

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala I found in your book fish pulled boat. I wanted to know how fish pulled boat? Read further below screenshot.

View attachment 88048

Something was hooked to the horn of a fish. A net, rope, or what? What was the hook made from, and what did the Meena community carry with them for survival? Did they carry with them hooks, nets, and ropes?

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala
From your website, to which I'll refer at the bottom of the post, mention Luni Valley.

I had never heard of the Luni Valley. There's the Indus Valley and the Luni River. So this confuses me. Due to the Luni River, could then a valley be called the river Luni, so then Luni Valley? Or is this area also called the Indus Valley? In your book, you'll see Luni, who shows headmen.

View attachment 88056
What is Luni? I need help with this word due to seeing Luni Valley. I would think it's the Indus Valley, and the Luni River goes through the Indus Valley. However, I also see Luni show headmen. How does the river name Luni show the headmen of the community? My question is: What is Luni? River, and what else?

From your book I see Luni River

View attachment 88051
Now I'll show you my confusion from your website.

I answer my own question from re-reading @Bharat Jhunjhunwala info. Now I understand Yes Meen means Meena. Actually Meen means fish. I'll leave my question here anyways. What is Meen? Does that also mean Meena? Maybe so because I learned one can have either A or drop the A, and it's the same word. For example, Yadav and Yadava are the same word.

Meena people | Meen | fish | tortoise | Varaha | Gautamji temple | Lord Matsya | Matsya Avatar

Notice Fish in this picture also notice Meena people means fish

the Luni basin is the home of the Meena community. The word Meena is derived from the word “meen” which means fish. These people believe that they are descendants of Vaivaswat Manu.

These points suggest that the Flood took place in the Luni basin.

18-1-300x187.jpg

Noah and Vaivaswat Manu were the same person who lived in the Luni Valley

I never heard of Luni Valley nor did I find this in your book. Now I'm confused, I thought it was Indus Valley and the Luni River flowed through the Indus Valley, or is this Luni Valley that the Luni River flown through located in Jalore.

Further above in your website you did mention Jalore

the city of Jalore is where the Flood took place as per our study. The name “Jalore” is made of two parts—”Jal” and “ore.” “Jal” is water and “ore” is city like “Ur.” Thus, Jalore means “city of water” and this locates the Flood in this area.

Here's website where I gotten information from

I will here add to my edit: Jalore India, see where red is, and see how a bowl shape can collect water. When will the flood over that bowl shape rush into Jalore, or what about that open space? (read below screenshot)
View attachment 88053

The word Meena is derived from the word “meen” which means fish. These people believe that they are descendants of Vaivaswat Manu (Noah). However my question is, where's the water? How are the Meena community fishing community or is it only referring to this local flood?

Yes Meen means fish. Yes there's the Meena community who still lives in India to this day. They still continue with this story to this day.

I tend to believe it is likely that some early Jew(s) took the Babylonian flood narrative and modified it to put forth many of the basic of the theological concepts found in Judaism.
Possible. But more likely from the indus valley. 1. Hindu fish incarnation tells about flood. None in Babylon. 2. Living tradition of Meena community saying they descended from Manu of fish incarnation. 3. Archeological evidence of major first flood in Luni valley at c. 3000 bce. This is ok at both places. 4. Jewish tradition says flood took place in September.october when floods take place in the industry. no floods in Babylon at this time. Thhe story traveled to west asia.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Possible. But more likely from the indus valley. 1. Hindu fish incarnation tells about flood. None in Babylon. 2. Living tradition of Meena community saying they descended from Manu of fish incarnation. 3. Archeological evidence of major first flood in Luni valley at c. 3000 bce. This is ok at both places. 4. Jewish tradition says flood took place in September.october when floods take place in the industry. no floods in Babylon at this time. Thhe story traveled to west asia.

I don't think that's likely, plus we know Jews had access to the Babylonian account because of a table found in northern Israel dealing with that account. The month is irrelevant and there's no evidence for that one way or the other. The story clearly is a teaching myth as it is quite illogical if taken literally.

However, who knows for sure?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I don't think that's likely, plus we know Jews had access to the Babylonian account because of a table found in northern Israel dealing with that account. The month is irrelevant and there's no evidence for that one way or the other. The story clearly is a teaching myth as it is quite illogical if taken literally.

However, who knows for sure?
I don't see anything that would stand against a local flood. The Jewish tradition says flood was in April. I can dig up the reference if you say. The people migrated all over after the flood and carried the real story with them. To Babylon and also the Jews got it somewhere.

metis

I don't see anything that would stand against a local flood. The Jewish tradition says flood was in April. I can dig up the reference if you say. The people migrated all over after the flood and carried the real story with them. To Babylon and also the Jews got it somewhere.

I went to a Jewish seminar on this about 15 or so years ago conducted by a Torah scholar, and that's where I picked up some of my information. The Tigris & Euphrates often floods in early spring as that's the rainy season there as it is in Israel.

Firenze

Premium Member
Here we shall discuss evidence of NOAH's FLOOD. There is ongoing scientific research that has brought to light many interesting finds, that contrary to some or many ---- does in fact point more and more to a monumental worldwide cataclysm that is labelled the FLOOD in GOD's Word: Global Evidences of the Genesis Flood
No, there is only ‘ongoing pseudoscience research’. Tell us about the banana though. I luv that one!

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I went to a Jewish seminar on this about 15 or so years ago conducted by a Torah scholar, and that's where I picked up some of my information. The Tigris & Euphrates often floods in early spring as that's the rainy season there as it is in Israel.
The Jewish tradition holds that the Flood took place in the month of October, the second month of the Jewish Year, which starts in September.
Chabad, Noah and the Flood, http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/246609/jewish/Noah-and-the-Flood.htm, Retrieved July 29, 2015.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Here we shall discuss evidence of NOAH's FLOOD. There is ongoing scientific research that has brought to light many interesting finds, that contrary to some or many ---- does in fact point more and more to a monumental worldwide cataclysm that is labelled the FLOOD in GOD's Word: Global Evidences of the Genesis Flood
I looked at the headings of the reference.
1. Marine Fossils High on Mountains: Due to tectonic uplifts.

2. Massive Fossil Graveyards Around the World; 3. Exquisitely Preserved Fossils; 4. Sediment Spread Across Continents; 5. Features of the Sedimentary Layers: 7. Evidence in the Folds. These are millions of years. Not 3000 BCE at the time of Noah.

6. No Sign of Millions of Years Between the Layers: No sign of 3000 BCE.

metis

gnostic

The Lost One
I looked at the headings of the reference.
1. Marine Fossils High on Mountains: Due to tectonic uplifts.

2. Massive Fossil Graveyards Around the World; 3. Exquisitely Preserved Fossils; 4. Sediment Spread Across Continents; 5. Features of the Sedimentary Layers: 7. Evidence in the Folds. These are millions of years. Not 3000 BCE at the time of Noah.

6. No Sign of Millions of Years Between the Layers: No sign of 3000 BCE.

There are no such things as fossils being less than 5000 years ago.

For instance, there are no Bronze Age fossils…not of human fossils, and not of any fossils of animals.

We do find plenty of human remains, less than 10,000 years, either as bones or if they have been naturally mummified.

Human fossils have only been found tens and even hundreds of thousands of years, but never fossils less than 10,000 years.

Eli G

If (hypothetically) the creation of Adam was about 6000 years ago, and Noah’s Flood 1656 years after Adam’s creation, then the Flood should be dated to somewhere about 2340 BCE. This would point to Genesis Egypt being created (again, hypothetically) in the 6th dynasty, and yet the first pyramid the Step Pyramid at Saqqara, was built during the reign of Djoser the founder of the 3rd dynasty (2686 - 2648 BCE).

The Great Pyramid itself (Giza) was constructed during the reign of second king of the 4th dynasty, Khufu (c 2589 - 2566 BCE). These two pyramids alone, squash the apparent Genesis Flood and the post-Flood Table of Nations.

And it says that Nimrod built a number of cities in Shinar (Babylonia) and in Assyria. But archaeologically Nineveh‘s earliest settlement was dated around 6000 BCE, while Calah or Kalhu in Assyria was constructed during the reign of Shalmaneser I (1274 - 1245 BCE). Nimrod couldn’t have built these 2 cities.

And beside that, Babylonia didn’t exist in the 3rd millennium BCE, as the region was called Sumer (Šumeru in Akkadian, or ki-en-ĝir in Sumerian). Babylon was a minor town during the late 3rd millennium, it didn’t become a great city until 18th century BCE, eg the reign of Hammurabi (1797 - 1750 BCE).

Plus, the earliest settlement of Erech or Uruk have been dated to about 5000 BCE, a Neolithic village, but by 4000 BCE and later Uruk was the large city in the world throughout the Chalolithic period or the 4th millennium BCE. There was a ziggurat and 2 temple complexes in 2 districts of Uruk.

As I said the Table of Nations…myth. There are no historical or archaeological values in Genesis 10.
What makes you think that before the Deluge there were not cities and empires that had already been created after the creation of Adam and Eve?

Gen. 4:17 Afterward Cain had sexual relations with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Then he engaged in building a city and named the city after his son Enoch.
18 Later Irad was born to Enoch. And Irad became father to Mehujael, and Mehujael became father to Methushael, and Methushael became father to Lamech.
19 Lamech took two wives for himself. The name of the first was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah.
20 Adah gave birth to Jabal. He was the founder of those who dwell in tents and have livestock.
21 His brother’s name was Jubal. He was the founder of all those who play the harp and the pipe.
22 Also, Zillah gave birth to Tubal-cain, who forged every sort of tool of copper and iron.
And the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.

Even the names of people and cities, as well as the progress of civilization, are outlined here as known from the oldest archaeological documents.

Imagine that your family has a family diary that goes back 2,000 years and in which even today, your family still writes. Would you deny what your relatives wrote in ancient times for their descendants today?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What makes you think that before the Deluge there were not cities and empires that had already been created after the creation of Adam and Eve?

Gen. 4:17 Afterward Cain had sexual relations with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Then he engaged in building a city and named the city after his son Enoch.
18 Later Irad was born to Enoch. And Irad became father to Mehujael, and Mehujael became father to Methushael, and Methushael became father to Lamech.
19 Lamech took two wives for himself. The name of the first was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah.
20 Adah gave birth to Jabal. He was the founder of those who dwell in tents and have livestock.
21 His brother’s name was Jubal. He was the founder of all those who play the harp and the pipe.
22 Also, Zillah gave birth to Tubal-cain, who forged every sort of tool of copper and iron.
And the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.

Even the names of people and cities, as well as the progress of civilization, are outlined here as known from the oldest archaeological documents.

Imagine that your family has a family diary that goes back 2,000 years and in which even today, your family still writes. Would you deny what your relatives wrote in ancient times for their descendants today?
Because all of the evidence tells us that the flood never happened.

Give me the details on your version of the flood and I can tell you why it did not happen.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
There are no such things as fossils being less than 5000 years ago.

For instance, there are no Bronze Age fossils…not of human fossils, and not of any fossils of animals.

We do find plenty of human remains, less than 10,000 years, either as bones or if they have been naturally mummified.

Human fossils have only been found tens and even hundreds of thousands of years, but never fossils less than 10,000 years.
Exactly. So fossil evidence does not support noah.s globwl flood at c. 3000 bce.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So there was a very large flood. maybe according to the above, Right? Very large... someone that did not drown reported it, right?