• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything but politics

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Okay, that explains those temps... BTW, I know about the weather in the Chigago area because I was raised in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Es tut mir leid.
I didn't know you too left that state. I grew outside of Kokomo and Peru in the country.
I do miss Cho-cola and cheese sauce with my breadsticks. But nothing else. Especially not the weather.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Es tut mir leid.
I didn't know you too left that state. I grew outside of Kokomo and Peru in the country.
I do miss Cho-cola and cheese sauce with my breadsticks. But nothing else. Especially not the weather.
That was many moons ago, as I left Indiana when I was 12 years old. However, I never forgot the weather.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Gecko-Cookies.gif

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Americans' big meal is dinner which is at 7 pm.

Since our big meal is lunch (1-2 pm) ...we don't eat much in the evening. The dinner (usually at 9) is very light.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Guys...really...what's wrong with eating sweets only?:p
I love sugary stuff...cakes...
I do not understand those who say that eating too much sugar is unhealthy...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, you said "everything but politics." ;) I have a tenant that owes me $9832. He was far behind on his rent long before Covid-19, but now it is even worse, as the debt has mounted precipitously since the eviction moratorium went into place on March 1, 2020. Through the Landlord Assn I belong to I found out about a program through the Cares Act that will pay for part of the rent debt, up to $7200. I told him I could live with the remainder of the debt for a while, which I consider reasonable.

I sent my tenant an e-mail about that last night telling him to contact me for the contact number of the program coordinator for rental assistance, but so far I have not heard back from him. Usually my tenant answers my e-mails but I have not heard from him since the end of October.

The rental house is over two hours away from here so I cannot drive over there, but I know he is still there because a former tenant went to check on the house a few days ago and there were two cars in the driveway.

This eviction moratorium is utterly ridiculous. :mad: How are landlords supposed to pay their mortgages and expenses? Now the governor has extended the moratorium through the end of March 2021. and there is also a bill in congress that would forgive all the accumulated debt. If it passes that would mean that any rent debt incurred since March 2020 would be wiped clean and the tenant would not have to pay any of it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope that bill does not pass, but if I could get that $7200 before it passes it would not affect me much although it would affect many other landlords. My issue is that it just is not fair to consider only tenants and not landlords... It is terribly UNJUST.
I agree. I guess the government wants us all to be tenants.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I was on Walmart dotcom the other night and bought my wife a drill -- yes, a drill....she loves tools -- a corded one, which wasn't very heavy, but still has sufficient power to it. Well, it arrived today. When she gets home, she's gonna love it! I'm happy.

You know what they say: "Happy wife, happy life."

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I was on Walmart dotcom the other night and bought my wife a drill -- yes, a drill....she loves tools -- a corded one, which wasn't very heavy, but still has sufficient power to it. Well, it arrived today. When she gets home, she's gonna love it! I'm happy.

You know what they say: "Happy wife, happy life."

I must be dragging my husband down... I'm not prone to depressions, but have been stuck in one for the last month. I sometimes get down for a day or two, but not this long. He seems to be attempting to distract me with aquariums and fish... Everytime I start getting teary eyed, he seems to buy another thing for the tank... Last night he ordered the whole Bikini Bottom set up(Spongebob).

The fact its noticeable must mean I'm bringing the house down, too. :(

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I must be dragging my husband down... I'm not prone to depressions, but have been stuck in one for the last month. I sometimes get down for a day or two, but not this long. He seems to be attempting to distract me with aquariums and fish... Everytime I start getting teary eyed, he seems to buy another thing for the tank... Last night he ordered the whole Bikini Bottom set up(Spongebob).

The fact its noticeable must mean I'm bringing the house down, too. :(
How sweet he is! (Here's a guy - me - calling another guy, "sweet"!)

Just dwell on that....that your husband is in tune with your feelings! That is a treasure!

Here's something else to lift you up: I always enjoy your posts!