• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything but politics

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I drink too much espresso ...but you know...this winter is so cold, and hot sugared espresso is a must for me.
Bonus question: how can some people eat salty stuff for breakfast?:p

Its a Scottish thing No true Scotsman would have porridge without salt.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I found this cool piece of art on Reddit today. I thought it was neat!
Source
cl3505qz2pa61.jpg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In Northern Europe, easily!

I don't any more, now that I am old (66) and my metabolic rate is slower than it was, but in my rowing days I would happily eat kippers for breakfast. Or bacon and eggs. Or cheese, as the Dutch do.

Yes...it is understandable, since breakfast is more important than lunch in those countries.
And the climate, also.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Nah, the issuer is taking care of it. We live in the same neck of the woods, by the by - and the fraudster was guilty of a similar ridiculous geographic disparity so that makes it really easy to dispute.

The most unfortunate thing is that I did get a fraud alert from the issuer last month, but they flagged the wrong transaction. I approved it, logged in to check for anything else abnormal, but at that time the fraudulent transactions weren't showing up yet. I sure noticed them today when getting ready to pay the bill though! Most people kind of notice when they run up an account balance twice of usual and they know they haven't made any big purchases that month. Bloody idiots.

You're in Iowa, too, or one of the nearby states?

Its good you caught it before it got out of hand.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Following the current trends, I though it would be fun to create a thread where each one can say whatever comes to mind (respecting RF rules, of course). You can chose anything except politics.
Let's get creative.

I'll start:
Today I went for a run and it was -2 °C(28° Fahrenheit). I was literally freezing my behind, but I did it anyway because I've been eating too many carbs and I felt guilty. I was wearing a beanie, gloves and warm clothing, and there were people out there running in shorts and t-shirts. How did they manage not to freeze to death is beyond me. In the end I wanted to stop by a coffee shop and relax with a warm beverage, but most of them are closed and all you can get is take-away. I'm not paying 4 bucks for a coffee if I can't have a warm chair and background music so I went home, where I ate a bag of peanuts just because. Now I'll have to go for another run because I had, again, a bunch of extra calories I didn't need.
I've been watching Netflix the entire afternoon so my plans are not going very well today.
I miss the times when I used to have a lot of discipline :oops:
I went for a run today too. Advancing decrepitude: it now takes me an hour to do a 45 minute run. But at least I'm still as fast at eating cake.
I know what you mean about people in shorts - are they even human?? At the moment (been -1 C) I wear enough kit to fill the laundry basket.

Reactions: Vee

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
How do you not do that?! I'm barely human till I've had my breakfast. And even then....
Speaking only for myself....

I have to wait at least two hours after getting up to eat anything.
Otherwise I find out just how unpleasant it tastes coming back up.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

From being pregnant three times and having horrible illness each time, I learned lemon meringue pie tastes very similar going down and coming up. I don't say this in insult; I really like the pie. So, knowing that I would likely have to taste it twice, it seemed the best way to go.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Yuk!
I've even got in the habit of prepping my breakfast the night before so I can eat it the soonerest I can.