• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entreprenuership thread

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That problem predated Microsoft by years, decades even. Actually, it wasn't even a problem, just something the general public blew way out of proportion.
Hah! It depended what operating system & software you used. Y2K was a nightmare for me.
Despite extensive preparations, I ended up having my attorney pressure my software vendor
for needed changes. Stressfullllll!

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've had an idea to have an electrolysis farm of solar panels that would create hydrogen fuel cell packs for easy and quick interchangeability for the hydrogen powered automotive industry.

The overall net loss of energy would make up for it by having a more efficient way of storing the energy. Generally the most problematic issue with solar energy is the fact that it can't be used all the time. Obviously not at night, on cloudy days or with any efficiency too far north or south. Electricity cannot be stored or transported long distances so this leaves a gaping wound for solar energy (and is the primary reason why it isn't the preferred energy source of the modern world).

Though if we were to be less focused on using solar power to energize our homes and more focused on using it to create a renewable fuel for our cars then I think we could make a huge dent in both the cost of transpiration as well as the pollution that it creates.

I have put some significant thought into the process from start to finish and I don't want to reveal everything. But two key components that I have more or less given up on is the helix formation of certain hydrogen based bonds in proteins as the basis for storing the energy (as it would be far more energy per square foot of fuel cell). However the initial discoveries and development of similar ideas seem to have hit brick walls and unless chemical engeneer researches make a major breakthrough I don't think its a viable way to move forward.

The second part is a great idea but is too expensive. Poly-carbonate materials are far lighter for the same strength of steel. Such materials could mean that cars in the (possibly very near) future would be several times lighter than they are now. And then even more so with the new airless tires made from the same materials.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I've had an idea to have an electrolysis farm of solar panels that would create hydrogen fuel cell packs for easy and quick interchangeability for the hydrogen powered automotive industry.
Solar farms are good. Hydrogen will probably be 25-50 years coming, especially with the volume of recent natural gas and petroleum discoveries.

The overall net loss of energy would make up for it by having a more efficient way of storing the energy. Generally the most problematic issue with solar energy is the fact that it can't be used all the time. Obviously not at night, on cloudy days or with any efficiency too far north or south. Electricity cannot be stored or transported long distances so this leaves a gaping wound for solar energy (and is the primary reason why it isn't the preferred energy source of the modern world).
In the big picture solar is the preferred energy source. Everything comes from solar.

Though if we were to be less focused on using solar power to energize our homes and more focused on using it to create a renewable fuel for our cars then I think we could make a huge dent in both the cost of transpiration as well as the pollution that it creates.
Solar fuels will continue to grow.

I have put some significant thought into the process from start to finish and I don't want to reveal everything. But two key components that I have more or less given up on is the helix formation of certain hydrogen based bonds in proteins as the basis for storing the energy (as it would be far more energy per square foot of fuel cell). However the initial discoveries and development of similar ideas seem to have hit brick walls and unless chemical engeneer researches make a major breakthrough I don't think its a viable way to move forward.
Biomass kinetics are insufficient.

The second part is a great idea but is too expensive. Poly-carbonate materials are far lighter for the same strength of steel. Such materials could mean that cars in the (possibly very near) future would be several times lighter than they are now. And then even more so with the new airless tires made from the same materials.
The viscoelastic behavior of polycarbonate is not suited for tires.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Solar farms are good. Hydrogen will probably be 25-50 years coming, especially with the volume of recent natural gas and petroleum discoveries.
Hopefully before then

In the big picture solar is the preferred energy source. Everything comes from solar.
True. But currently people tend to be too short sighted.
Biomass kinetics are insufficient.
That is in agreement with what I have stated yes.

The viscoelastic behavior of polycarbonate is not suited for tires.
Actually some progress has been made in working with polycarbonate materials for different functions. The airless tires that have been developed do not function or at least do not require the same type of properties to traditional pressurized tires. Though as stated before there is nothing on the market and is projected as a possibility.

Avi1001

Actually some progress has been made in working with polycarbonate materials for different functions. The airless tires that have been developed do not function or at least do not require the same type of properties to traditional pressurized tires. Though as stated before there is nothing on the market and is projected as a possibility.

Perhaps for airless tires. Here is the problem:
Airless tires generally have higher rolling resistance and provide much less suspension than similarly shaped and sized pneumatic tires. Other problems for airless tires include dissipating the heat buildup that occurs when they are driven. Airless tires are often filled with compressed polymers (plastic), rather than air.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airless_tire

On the other hand, no flat tires :).

Last edited:

Avi1001

Where are we on the stroller? It's a prototype ready yet?

We are still lacking some of the key competencies. We need a patent agent to assess the novelty and write the specific claims. Anyone with these skills ?

Entrepreneurship is sort of like playing golf, how's your swing ? :golf:

Btw, has anyone watched "Shark Tank" ? That show gives you a sense of what it takes to raise capital. This thread is similar to "Shark Tank". I am like Kevin O'Leary. Revolting is like Mark Cuban. Mystic is like Lori Greiner ;).

What we are doing here is very novel. Entreprenuership is high risk. Less than 1 in 100 succeed. Do you have the persistence needed ? If so, you will stick with it. Otherwise you will drop out.

Being a Product Champion is like being a Marine. What kind of person are you, Danny ? Can you say "Semper Fi" ? :)

Last edited:

dantech

I do watch the show. I've watched all of them, they're great. I've often been told I'm like Kevin Oleary. Very straightforward, and to the point.

Avi1001

I do watch the show. I've watched all of them, they're great. I've often been told I'm like Kevin Oleary. Very straightforward, and to the point.

Oh, OK, Kevin, in that case, you can fund the operation ;).

Avi1001

You have no sales or proof of concept. You're dead to me. I'm out.

Hehe, this is known as the "Valley of Death". Few companies pass through it. Especially when the Product Champion is also funding the operation. It results from a lack of confidence in their own product ;).

Lets see what other "Sharks" and "Entreprenuers" can think of :).

Last edited:

dantech

Hehe, this is known as the "Valley of Death". Few companies pass through it. Especially when the Product Champion is also funding the operation. It results from a lack of confidence in their own product ;).

Lets see what other "Sharks" and "Entreprenuers" can think of :).
I was just being O'leary like.