• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Entreprenuership thread

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Last edited:

Avi1001

Hey dudes, here are some new entrepreneurial ideas for the weekend:

1) Feedback Site - we need a public one. The current one is private. I would like to put suggestion # 2 on a public Feedback Site, but none exists. Nearly every other forum has a public feedback site, where posters can share ideas. Its a little more work for the staff, because they have to delete inappropriate posts, but it is worth the effort.

What does this have to do with entreprenuership, you might ask. It is all about responding to the "customers" needs. And in this case, you are the customer :).

2) Foreign Language Sub-forum - we need ones in German and French and Japanese. These are to get folks from these countries to RF.

Anyone disagree or agree ??

Last edited:

Avi1001

Talking to Brickj made me realize we have not updated this thread in a while.

Any fans of Tesla ? Hyperloop ? Elon Musk ?

Any other technologies we should be watching ?

kashmir

I seen this on YT and believe it's fake but never the less, is it ever possible to make a self supporting system that produces energy?

A motor that turns a generator and in return the generator is what supplies the electricity that powers the motor itself, with electricity left over to power other electronics?

It has to be possible with gear ratios but since this concept isn't being done, what is up with that?

Avi1001

I seen this on YT and believe it's fake but never the less, is it ever possible to make a self supporting system that produces energy?

A motor that turns a generator and in return the generator is what supplies the electricity that powers the motor itself, with electricity left over to power other electronics?

It has to be possible with gear ratios but since this concept isn't being done, what is up with that?

Are you familiar with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics? If so, you would not ask this question.

kashmir

Are you familiar with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics? If so, you would not ask this question.

yep, but laws are made to be broken :D

I do have an idea for an android app that no one has done yet, cant build apps so there goes that idea :(

Avi1001

Are there apps for windows computers ? If so, where is the best place to download them from ? Thnx.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, sad thought, maybe we can initiate some enthusiasm here at RF. :)
I'm more a symptom of the problem than a pat of the solution. I'm working on a design for machinery moving skates which is more tolerant of uneven floors than anything on the market, but I don't plan to ever do anything with it. It's easier to just coast along without taking any risks.

Hmmm....I'm a bad influence. Don't show my post to anyone.

factseeker88

factseeker88
Hi Dudes, I am starting this entreprenuership thread in Sci. / Tech., because we all know that most of the new ideas for new products and processes come from Sci./Tech. ;).

Also, with so many folks from other countries, nationalities, etc. this is a logical fertile ground to begin discussions about natural collaborations.

My expectation is that this thread will later be expanded to its own sub-forum on Entreprenuership.

So remember the "Silk Road", and let the trading begin (ideas only, no money) :).

-Avi

Disclaimer: there is no intention for any activities of any commercial nature to be discussed on this thread. We are not seeking to recruit personnel. This thread is for informational purposes only.

First you will need a design drawing for a patent search, if it's accepted, then you make a make a working model for a market search, if there is enough interest, you make a five year business plan, figure out the cost to build a thousand units, including testing, manager, workers, medical, packaging, advertising, utilities, taxes, insurance, assembly line, inspection, packaging, loading dock, storage, delivery and a 20 percent contingency fund.

Double all costs and you have your selling price.

Of course you can't expect one product to go on forever, so you must find more products to keep your business going. -- all part of your 5 year business plan.

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900) [/FONT]

Avi1001

Hi factseeker, it looks like you have a lot of experience inventing and commercializing.

Do you have any ideas for new products you would like to share with us?

Any new products that you have seen that are worth discussing?

I have been wondering, why aren't Google glasses out yet?

What are your thoughts about Tesla cars?

First you will need a design drawing for a patent search, if it's accepted, then you make a make a working model for a market search, if there is enough interest, you make a five year business plan, figure out the cost to build a thousand units, including testing, manager, workers, medical, packaging, advertising, utilities, taxes, insurance, assembly line, inspection, packaging, loading dock, storage, delivery and a 20 percent contingency fund.

Double all costs and you have your selling price.

Of course you can't expect one product to go on forever, so you must find more products to keep your business going. -- all part of your 5 year business plan.

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900) [/FONT]

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Are there apps for windows computers ? If so, where is the best place to download them from ? Thnx.
BlueStacks

Also you can install Virtualbox and run Linux inside that to use for developing on Android. Some people use VMWare, Qemu or Parallels to do the same.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but shareholders are in big trouble unless the right entrepreneurs come along.

'Growth' is the only business model that shareholders accept. They put up the money, and they want a return. Because of that a publicly owned businesses cannot stay still and must grow, sell or merge. Without huge population increases and huge new technologies, opportunities for business growth will shrivel away. Shareholders will stop seeing increases and dividends.

What people often are really concerned about when they talk about entrepreneurs are often not the entrepreneurs themselves or their tiny businesses but economic growth. Some optimists hope that by drumming young people out into entrepreneurial concerns that this will expand markets and create new demands to offset the stable, blah, doomed stagnation that shareholders currently face (ok that they always and continually face in a kind of permanent crisis). Shareholders want growth to continue forever.

Also, it isn't necessarily that entrepreneurs aren't succeeding. The successful ones disappear as they are quickly bought up by larger corporations. To be bought out means success to many entrepreneurs. There's nothing wrong with the entrepreneurs themselves. Some struggle, some fail, some succeed. Most that succeed get bought. Suppose that IBM had bought up Microsoft and Apple right from the beginning? That is what is happening today.