• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Donald Trump Says Transgender People Won’t Be Allowed To Serve In Military"

BSM1

What? Me worry?
So your argument is that all transgender people are unstable and unreliable? That is a ridiculous and intolerant argument, regardless of how many transgender people you claim to "know and respect."

Well, evidently they can't make up their minds as to gender; yeah, I would say that would lead to an agenda. If it is so important that a transgendered person join the military, then why not make the change before joining and remove the questions?

"You don't want to bunk up with Mary who used to be Matt, and that makes you a bigot?"

Yes, that makes you a bigot.

Good grief...

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Well, evidently they can't make up their minds as to gender; yeah, I would say that would lead to an agenda. If it is so important that a transgendered person join the military, then why not make the change before joining and remove the questions?

Good grief...

"I would say that would lead to an agenda"

Agenda? What that heck does that mean?

"If it is so important that a transgendered person join the military, then why not make the change before joining and remove the questions?"

You just have no clue what transgender person is, do you?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Good grief, the same recycled arguments over and over. They said that about integrating blacks and whites, they said that about gays, they said that about women. Yet the military has yet to implode on itself, so if that is the one and only thing you have to say, guess what? It has been said and proven wrong time and time again.

Might want to check out the problems they are having with women on Navy ships becoming pregnant during deployments...just sayin'.

I don't have a problem with it if any citizen wants to serve in the Armed Forces, as a matter of fact I am happy people are willing to do so. But if their service is a hindrance then that does need to be taken into consideration. Anyway, I don't think a person should be banned from the military based on sexual preference. Physical impairments, yes, sexual preference, no.

Well why in the world would we stop at physical impairments? What about the rights of the handicapped? Why can't we develop tanks that can be driven with just eye movement? Or maybe ramps on ships instead of ladders? How about wheel chair accessible shooting ranges? Maybe we could have a Special Platoon modeled after the Special Olympics. God forbid that anyone in this country experiences any degree of butt hurt.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"I would say that would lead to an agenda"

Agenda? What that heck does that mean?

"If it is so important that a transgendered person join the military, then why not make the change before joining and remove the questions?"

You just have no clue what transgender person is, do you?

Why don't you educate us?

DavidFirth

Well why in the world would we stop at physical impairments? What about the rights of the handicapped? Why can't we develop tanks that can be driven with just eye movement? Or maybe ramps on ships instead of ladders? How about wheel chair accessible shooting ranges? Maybe we could have a Special Platoon modeled after the Special Olympics. God forbid that anyone in this country experiences any degree of butt hurt.

Okay. I guess.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Wow. Just.... wow.

That this kind of callous attitude still exists is why it is so important to protect the rights of minority groups. :sweat:

It's not protecting anything, it's about functional military organizations. Your needs are irrelevant, you died and became a marine, airman, or soldier. You don't get to dress how you want, you do as you are told just like every other trooper.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Now you're talking about physical impairments that would prevent someone from performing a soldier's duty normally. What does that have to do with LGBT soldiers who are perfectly capable of performing their duties?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Donald Trump Says Transgender People Won't Be Allowed To Serve In Military

The same exact nonsense they pulled on gays in the military, always talking about the "disruption" they would cause, but the "disruption" that they were referring to (but somehow never explicitly said) come from the bigots. So it is not the disruption that gays, or in case transgender people, cause, they are not the ones causing the disruption. It is the bigots causing the disruption. So why don't we ever talk about banning the hateful bigots from the military? They are the ones who are actually causing the disruption.

Also another point I never got about this nonsense argument: It is the military, so where is the disciple? Why don't they just tell these bigots to suck it up and do their job. How disciplined can a solider really be if a single transgender person throws them out of wack? It seems to me that a soldier that unstable and unreliable is probably someone you should not arm with a gun and grenades.

The whole argument is nothing but a big pile of dog poo they use to push discrimination into our military. The military that is suppose to be protecting the American way of life, but how can it do so if it cannot even do that within its own ranks?

It's just bias. Whatever the argument . I don't know where it's coming from, maybe Trump but a person of "admirable" character wouldn't give into it, IMO.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I don't have a problem with it if any citizen wants to serve in the Armed Forces, as a matter of fact I am happy people are willing to do so. But if their service is a hindrance then that does need to be taken into consideration. Anyway, I don't think a person should be banned from the military based on sexual preference. Physical impairments, yes, sexual preference, no.

Gender is not a sex, or that's what they keep telling me. Anyway, it's a "have your cake and eat it too" situation - they want to claim they have a gender dysphoria psychological condition like depression, and then have equal consideration when it comes to participating in the armed forces. Wrong-o, if you tell your recruiter that you are an emotional wreck they won't even sign you up. Why is this any different?

We don't let anyone with known psychological conditions enter service, so what is it? We disqualify people for age, height, weight, lack of aptitude, and any number of other physical reasons. Is this discrimination, or the result of carefully weighing the needs of the military and then realizing that catering to the small group is preposterous?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Of course not, but I'm not seeing how your fetish attire analogy actually fits.

The fact that it is a fetish is largely irrelevant, it's just the example of how silly it is to expect the military to tolerate or put up with these things. Again, I believe in life and liberty and all that - I just think the military has a job to protect the country and the world, and not become social justice warrior tolerance school. I find it not only to be wasted effort, but wasted money.