• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Donald Trump Says Transgender People Won’t Be Allowed To Serve In Military"

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Did you read the article? The real estimate, according to your own article, is far less than the tweeted number.

He doesn't have to, he's the boss.

Ya, I read it and I read your post as well. You asked "Thousands of transgendered [sic] soldiers???"

So yes, there are thousands of transgender soldiers currently serving. I recognize the number in the tweet may be incorrect, but there are thousands.

"He doesn't have to, he's the boss."

He doesn't have to what?

Last edited:

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Does anyone have any actual empirical data proving that transgender soldiers actually disrupt military operations? As all I am hearing is a bunch of flying opinions about what people think the military should be, but not a whole lot of data to support that these individuals are doing more harm than good.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Did you read the article? The real estimate, according to your own article, is far less than the tweeted number.
Didn't you read it? It basically said they don't know, and estimated the number in the thousands. This is congruent with estimations into how much of the population is trans, as it is extremely difficult and even impossible to actually know. But it is a safe assurance there are more than what are revealed in studies, given denial, not out of the closet yet, and just because gender is such a very complicated subject.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
But, being transgender is not about sex or fashion statements. So, how is your statement here relevant? Being transgender means that a person feels incredibly strongly that they were born in the wrong body. Neurologically they are a man living in a woman's body (or visa versa). Shouldn't we all be able to live as the gender we truly feel that we are?

ohh it's a slippery slope! :)

klinger.jpeg

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Trump is playing us.

In one tweet, he's shifted liberal's focus from more dangerous topics, like their economic policy talk and the investigations into Russia and the continual healthcare failure, to a fringe social issue.

He simultaneously offered his base some red meat to get them pumped up again. Unsurprisingly, he also tweeted some inane rah rah Americans worship God crap the same day.

Yes, I think transgender rights are important and I think it's bigoted ignorance that is driving such a policy. But even if it does go through, at worst, in 4 years with a democrat in the White House, it's gonna get reverted back and ultimately, we know where these culture wars end up, and it's not the Christian Taliban that's been winning.

Let's make our disapproval known but let's not lose focus on what's going to get us back into power where our outrage can actually be useful.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Playing the 'conservative card' has been learned well by the millionaire elitists controlling the republican party.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Bigotry and prejudice is a far slipper slope with a much worst outcome.
Yep. And I wouldn't be surprised if these bullies are conservative 'christians'. They don't like trans people or gay people or whatever the bible thinks is bad.

More proof christians are trying to take over our secular government. Very dangerous.