• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Holy Spirit have blood?

sooda

Veteran Member
Like that important in Christian scriptural interpretation

I think there is value in looking at it. Don't you think "To feed the church of God" is weird? Why would a deity need to be fed? I am not all that keen on blood sacrifice.

Darkforbid

I think there is value in looking at it. Don't you think "To feed the church of God" is weird? Why would a deity need to be fed? I am not all that keen on blood sacrifice.

No it's expressive like saying "Car manufacturers are now feeding the needs of ecological consumers, with increasing reasurch and production of eco friendly transport"

sooda

Veteran Member
So in your view martyrdom is wrong?

Marytrdom for the animals slaughtered for sacrifice?

Are you familiar with Azazzel as scapegoat?

1. Leviticus 16:21-22 ESV And Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over it all the iniquities of the people of Israel, and all their transgressions, all their sins.

Darkforbid

1. Leviticus 16:21-22 ESV And Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over it all the iniquities of the people of Israel, and all their transgressions, all their sins.

Why are you trying to apply martyrdom to animal sacrifice?

MJFlores

That is why you have a more correct translation of Acts 20:28

1f52792134dc1b93099d58ac3c6b23eb.jpg

Who bled on the cross???
Was it God or Christ?

Romans 3:25 New International Version (NIV)
God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

source.gif

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Acts 20:28
So watch out for yourself and for the whole flock in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to guard the church of God, which he purchased through his own blood!

The "He" is the triune God, the Spirit, Father and Son are ONE.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Half truth equals.....what?

The Day of Atonement consists of one offering which involves the sacrifice of two goats. Not one. One was the scapegoat. The other was the goat of the sin offering. (Lev. 16:1-22) The scapegoat would have had no value without the killing of the sin offering of the first goat.

Blood was shed. Half truths equal...what?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
So watch out for yourself and for the whole flock in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to guard the church of God, which he purchased through his own blood!

This is why it pays to understand grammar.

It's actually...

So watch out for yourself and for the whole flock in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to guard the church of God, which he purchased through his own blood.

Two nouns are being used here, church and God. Which is referring to church, he is referring to God. The church that God purchased through God's (Jesus's) own blood.

I said in another thread that education is only worth anything if you understand how to use it. I bet the person who made this mistake went to a liberal art university and has more credentials than I do.

Audie

Veteran Member

Like why do you think so many gods want blood sacrifice??

Audie

Veteran Member
Half truth equals.....what?

The Day of Atonement consists of one offering which involves the sacrifice of two goats. Not one. One was the scapegoat. The other was the goat of the sin offering. (Lev. 16:1-22) The scapegoat would have had no value without the killing of the sin offering of the first goat.

Blood was shed. Half truths equal...what?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Half truth.... is that 50,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
or does it need more decimals?