• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Holy Spirit have blood?

james bond

giphy.gif

In the Bible, it says after you die and Jesus returns for the second time.

james bond

Like why do you think so many gods want blood sacrifice??

It makes sense when you understand sacrifice from God's view. It is offering up of something precious for a cause or a reason. I don't know about gods, but God asks for blood sacrifice because it is that which we require for life in this life.

My pastor discusses Malachi now and he talks about people who bring less than their best lambs for slaughter or churches who take the best lamb offered and then keep it for themselves and bring a lesser lamb out to be slaughtered. Maybe the idea of blood is queasy, but the stuff people do makes it more queasy. I can't profess to be a role model in this.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It makes sense when you understand sacrifice from God's view. It is offering up of something precious for a cause or a reason. I don't know about gods, but God asks for blood sacrifice because it is that which we require for life in this life.

My pastor discusses Malachi now and he talks about people who bring less than their best lambs for slaughter or churches who take the best lamb offered and then keep it for themselves and bring a lesser lamb out to be slaughtered. Maybe the idea of blood is queasy, but the stuff people do makes it more queasy. I can't profess to be a role model in this.
The Bible doesn't, nor said God requires sacrifice.

Isaiah 66 is a whole chapter against sacrifice.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

That is a quote from said personality, Jesus

Last edited:

james bond

You can't wait until you find out? Or do you just want the Bible verse?

The Bible doesn't, nor said God requires sacrifice.

Isaiah 66 is a whole chapter against sacrifice.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

That is a quote from said personality, Jesus

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Blood sacrifice is in the OT. It points to the greatest blood sacrifice to come in Jesus. Today, we need to believe Jesus came and died for our sins and Adam's sin so we have a chance to live again.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You can't wait until you find out? Or do you just want the Bible verse?

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Blood sacrifice is in the OT. It points to the greatest blood sacrifice to come in Jesus. Today, we need to believe Jesus came and died for our sins and Adam's sin so we have a chance to live again.
and some of what was in the old testament was misunderstood or negated by Jesus.

Jesus did not offer sacrifices. Furthermore he was try to return the lost sheep of Israel to their former state. Obviously he believed the old ways were not necessarily the right way.

FYI Isaiah is old testament and reproves sacrifice.

Hosea 6:6 echo's the same idea. There is no sacrifice on the part of the service to all. With empathy the giver suffers with the needy and their pain is relieved when the other as self is relieved.

Audie

Veteran Member

Its even easier once you see it is crazy talk

james bond

and some of what was in the old testament was misunderstood or negated by Jesus.

Jesus did not offer sacrifices. Furthermore he was try to return the lost sheep of Israel to their former state. Obviously he believed the old ways were not necessarily the right way.

FYI Isaiah is old testament and reproves sacrifice.

Hosea 6:6 echo's the same idea. There is no sacrifice on the part of the service to all. With empathy the giver suffers with the needy and their pain is relieved when the other as self is relieved.

Where is your atonement?

"whom God put forward as a propitiation lby his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:25-26

One needs atonement for their sins. Jesus understood sacrifices. As a man, he was afraid of dying, and rightfully so, and his sacrifice to come. Yet, he stood unwavered when Satan tempted him on how he could bypass all that. Most people could not do that. I could not do that knowing what was to come.

We were all doomed to death and that would be it. God required a blood sacrifice of his only son. This is key.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Acts 20:28
So watch out for yourself and for the whole flock in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to guard the church of God, which he purchased through his own blood!

Kind of makes me think. What exactly did God do with all the sacrifices and burnt offerings over the course of scriptural based history?

Did God like to take a big straw and snort them up like cocaine? Is the earth actually a big bong?

james bond

Its even easier once you see it is crazy talk

Crazy talk? Like uniformitarianism put forth by the atheists? The present is not the key to the past. The past was much different and people offered their animals as blood sacrifice.

james bond

I want the Bible verse please?

Sure. I just wanted to make certain. I think you want the second coming of Jesus.

What Does the Bible Say About The Second Coming Of Jesus?

I like this website because the readers vote on its importance and the verse rises to the top as opposed to other sites who give you what is important.

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

"Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." Matthew 24:44

Audie

Veteran Member
Crazy talk? Like uniformitarianism put forth by the atheists? The present is not the key to the past. The past was much different and people offered their animals as blood sacrifice.

"Uniformitariansm" is so 19th century. You think that is even a topic?
And it has zero to do with atheism.

As for whether the present is key to the past, that depends.

Geological processes-which is the topics of
"uniform...", operate according to the laws of
physics.

If you hold that those keep changing, terrif, and
good bye.

If you are not aware that 19th century discussion
of Unifromitariansim v catastrophism is as obsolete
as knights on horseback, that is quite an accomplishment.

But yes, in the past, more people believed in blood sacrifice
than they do now. So what?

james bond

"Uniformitariansm" is so 19th century. You think that is even a topic?
And it has zero to do with atheism.

As for whether the present is key to the past, that depends.

Geological processes-which is the topics of
"uniform...", operate according to the laws of
physics.

If you hold that those keep changing, terrif, and
good bye.

If you are not aware that 19th century discussion
of Unifromitariansim v catastrophism is as obsolete
as knights on horseback, that is quite an accomplishment.

But yes, in the past, more people believed in blood sacrifice
than they do now. So what?

Sure it does. This is how it leads to ToE. If you do not think the present is the key to the past, then ignore atheism and ToE. None of it is true and it's unnecessary. That is, unless you're in science and have to come up with something relating to evolution and make big money for yourself and your company.

Don't we all operate under the laws of nature which laws of physics is one? Just what are you getting at? The present is not the key to the past? That would be correct and all the atheists and their scientists are wrong believing in their silly ToE. Still, that's where the big money is.

I like it though. It means we can ignore uniformitarianism to show how the Earth formed and ToE for the biology and all that. Let's go and party hearty. The weekend is here. We'll start changing the museums and schools on Monday.

Skip the blood sacrifice, but unfortunately it's still about the present is the key to the past vs. catstrophism and evolution vs. creation. That's why we need to change the museums, schools, and what not.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Where is your atonement?

"whom God put forward as a propitiation lby his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:25-26

One needs atonement for their sins. Jesus understood sacrifices. As a man, he was afraid of dying, and rightfully so, and his sacrifice to come. Yet, he stood unwavered when Satan tempted him on how he could bypass all that. Most people could not do that. I could not do that knowing what was to come.

We were all doomed to death and that would be it. God required a blood sacrifice of his only son. This is key.
I just explained where the atonement is. It's with relieving the suffering of a needy being. Jesus even States this.

What you have done unto the least of these you have done for me.

Anyone who sees someone suffering from a need and doesn't do something to relieve that is not at one with God. You can't claim to love God and see your brother or sister suffering and not help

Matthew 25:32-46

Last edited:

james bond

I just explained where the atonement is. It's with relieving the suffering of a needy being. Jesus even States this.

What you have done unto the least of these you have done for me.

How is alleviating the suffering on a needy being atonement to God for sin? Isn't that works?

What we are talking about is paying ransom for Adam's sin. You, I, and others cannot do it. So, where is your atonement?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How is alleviating the suffering on a needy being atonement to God for sin? Isn't that works?

What we are talking about is paying ransom for Adam's sin. You, I, and others cannot do it. So, where is your atonement?
there is no Ransom. You cannot buy your way into heaven. There is no quid pro quo. To be at one with God's children is to be at one with God too. to ignore the suffering of God's children is to ignore God's commandment thou shalt love

74x12

Acts 20:28
So watch out for yourself and for the whole flock in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to guard the church of God, which he purchased through his own blood!

Spirits alone don't have flesh and blood. But the Spirit is not alone. Jesus is God in the flesh.