• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Holy Spirit have blood?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Spirits alone don't have flesh and blood. But the Spirit is not alone. Jesus is God in the flesh.
I am God in the flesh. You are God in the flesh. We are God in the flesh. We are God's children. This is why it was said to pray our Father

Last edited:

james bond

there is no Ransom. You cannot buy your way into heaven. There is no quid pro quo. To be at one with God's children is to be at one with God too. to ignore the suffering of God's children is to ignore God's commandment thou shalt love

Not what I said about atonement at all. What do you make of:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

"Who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time." 1 Timothy 2:6

"“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

MJFlores

In the Bible, it says after you die and Jesus returns for the second time.
giphy.gif

Where would that be?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not what I said about atonement at all. What do you make of:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

"Who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time." 1 Timothy 2:6

"“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
I'm not a Pauline Christian who practices idolatry. Goats do that.

To be loving is at one with God because God is love.

Proverbs 10:12 . sacrifices will not atone for sins. Love will

You can quote Paul all you wish but that doesn't negate what Jesus said.

To send someone does not translate to sacrifice someone.

james bond

I'm not a Pauline Christian who practices idolatry. Goats do that.

To be loving is at one with God because God is love.

Proverbs 10:12 . sacrifices will not atone for sins. Love will

You can quote Paul all you wish but that doesn't negate what Jesus said.

To send someone does not translate to sacrifice someone.

You are all over the place. I gave you a 100 links for atonement and 100 verses for ransom all to point out the blood sacrifice that Jesus made. That isn't just from Paul if you read my links. What you should do is try and answer my questions which you do not. That would help you to learn not just what Bible says, but anything in general. Good day, sir.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You are all over the place. I gave you a 100 links for atonement and 100 verses for ransom all to point out the blood sacrifice that Jesus made. That isn't just from Paul if you read my links. What you should do is try and answer my questions which you do not. That would help you to learn not just what Bible says, but anything in general. Good day, sir.
it's called fight or flight for a reason.

And I asked for one verse and never got anything but Paul

1 Samuel 15:22

Etritonakin

Acts 20:28
So watch out for yourself and for the whole flock in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to guard the church of God, which he purchased through his own blood!

Contrary to popular belief, the holy spirit is not a person in and of itself.
The Father and the Word who became Christ are persons -and the spirit of God/holy spirit is essentially that by which they do things (and, technically, that which the two collectively "are" -but let's focus on the doing of things).

The most simple way to understand it is that the Father and Christ are WHO -and the spirit is HOW.

The following seems to personify the holy spirit -the helper/comforter -as if a separate person -but notice the last part of verse 18....

16And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [e]Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Christ was about to leave them in the flesh, but by that comforter HE would come to them. The rest -spirit of truth, etc. refers to the Father -who would be IN THEM when they received the holy spirit OF GOD (defined in scripture as a spirit of power, love and of a sound mind) after repentance, baptism and laying on of hands.

Another example... The following clearly states that it was the Word who became Christ that did the actual creating of all things...
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

..and the following is HOW he did things....
2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

The next mention of the spirit of God in page order is when -by his spirit -God granted knowledge and skills in workmanship to one (much like the instantaneous downloading of skills in "The Matrix")
Ex 31:2See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: 3And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, 4To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, 5And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

Getting back to the comforter/helper.... notice what Christ says after verse 18....
18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

The holy spirit is not mentioned there as if it is another person -because the holy spirit is HOW.

Pipiripi

End Times Prophecy.
There are some bible translations that write: " through the blood of his son". But this is an addition, the ancient texts literally says: "in which the holy spirit.....through his own blood" so the blood refers to the Holy Spirit.
A spirit doesn't have blood.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
There are some bible translations that write: " through the blood of his son". But this is an addition, the ancient texts literally says: "in which the holy spirit.....through his own blood" so the blood refers to the Holy Spirit.
Because it is the Godhead? And they are one? So it is understood that it is the blood of Jesus and "Purchased" was always used in reference to Jesus?