• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Exist?

Archer

Sorry but there were a lot of responses to my post and none told me anything I did not know.

Specifically has it been proven that a single celled organism can evolve into a multi-celled organism that could replicate and add new cells different from itself to preform different functions and eventually mutate to the point the we get us? If so I want a link to the report and it had better be from a credible think tank or a major US or Japanese University.

Archer

IIRC, Neanderthals died out about 25,000 years before Judaism even existed. It would be a most profound anachronism if the writers meant Neanderthals, rather than some other group of humans they had never encountered before.

Yes. Bacteria have evolved to eat nylon, which is an entirely man-made substance. And there isn't an unbroken chain of descendants of a given organism, but asking for one is unreasonable. Fossils aren't guareenteed to form, and are actually quite rare, so the vast majority of creatures living will not leave any trace behind them.

and what magical imaginitive kind of being would this be?

please ask the question in englich this time, so that it can be answered.

your asking science to explain to you 14.6 billion years ago in detail? and because they cant you will believe in my opinon a 3000 year old sheep herders campfire tale that has been proven wrong???

This is the same as teaching a college level class on reproduction AND TALKING ABOUT THE STORK THEORY

Fact humans and neanderthals did interbreed. I said that long before it was confirmed as did many.

I honestly put no faith in the dating of the Bible and considering a lot of it was oral history I would say dating the events of the Bible are impossible.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Fact humans and neanderthals did interbreed. I said that long before it was confirmed as did many.
I'm not saying they didn't interbreed, I'm saying they died out tens of thousands of years before Judaism existed, which is itself thousands of years before the invention of writing. . ...Though I've possibly got those the wrong way around. Regardless, there's millennia of gap between the two. No ancient writer could possibly know about them.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
I'm not saying they didn't interbreed, I'm saying they died out tens of thousands of years before Judaism existed, which is itself thousands of years before the invention of writing. . ...Though I've possibly got those the wrong way around. Regardless, there's millennia of gap between the two. No writer could possibly know about them.

exactly

outhouse

Atheistically
Sorry but there were a lot of responses to my post and none told me anything I did not know.

Specifically has it been proven that a single celled organism can evolve into a multi-celled organism that could replicate and add new cells different from itself to preform different functions and eventually mutate to the point the we get us? If so I want a link to the report and it had better be from a credible think tank or a major US or Japanese University.

that is not evolution, its a common creationist mistake.

Your looking for info on abiogenesis.

Archer

I'm not saying they didn't interbreed, I'm saying they died out tens of thousands of years before Judaism existed, which is itself thousands of years before the invention of writing. . ...Though I've possibly got those the wrong way around. Regardless, there's millennia of gap between the two. No writer could possibly know about them.

The question is when did man start to communicate. Judaism Came after the flood and we have proof of a huge regional flood ~9000 years ago. We also have the precursors ziggurats that were what the tower of Babble was built before the Jews. The dating of the bible is wrong. The oldest known ziggurat is over 4700 years old.

So now ignoring the dating that did not come with the Bible and was implemented by a priest somewhere it is entirely possible that Cain inbred with a neanderthal.

We know there was a form of communication 30K years ago because we have cave drawings.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yes but that does not answer my question. How do you go from call to man. And where did the virus come from?

In your desperate need to insert god somewhere, you are ignoring truth and facts.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Yes but that does not answer my question. How do you go from call to man. And where did the virus come from?
Through trillions and trillions of minute, invisible improvements. So many improvements you quite rightly get an entirely separate organism out the other end.

The question is when did man start to communicate. Judaism Came after the flood and we have proof of a huge regional flood ~9000 years ago. We also have the precursors ziggurats that were what the tower of Babble was built before the Jews. The dating of the bible is wrong. The oldest known ziggurat is over 4700 years old.

So now ignoring the dating that did not come with the Bible and was implemented by a priest somewhere it is entirely possible that Cain inbred with a neanderthal.

We know there was a form of communication 30K years ago because we have cave drawings.
Are we using scientific or Biblical chronology? Because under scientific history, Neanderthalis died out 30,000 years ago, millenia before the bible, before writing, before agriculture. Cain's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather is tens of thousands of years too late to breed with a Neanderthal. Under Old Testament "history", Neanderthalis doesn't exist at all.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically

see now im debating your imagination :facepalm: I refuse to.

your so far out of whack its not even funny, do you see what your typing?

Your saying the bible is wrong here so it must be right there :facepalm:

there are a few slim truths in the bible. There have been floods every year on the earth. But to reach out and claim the bible knew about a event 25,000 years previous is not a valid point

by your own words you claim the bible is full of lies.

Archer

Show proof that a single cell can grow attached but different cells preforming different functions that complement each other. I fully believe that things can adapt and over time these environmentally caused adaptations can cause the original specimen to no longer be compatible with the latest generation but go to the extent that we came from a common single cell is what I want to see. I believe modern man has always been as he is except for the neanderthal inbreeding.

Until someone can tell me exactly how the universe started, what dark matter is, what dark energy is, exactly how a single cell decided to add to itself with mutated attached cells to form a multi-celled organism that then could keep adding to itself until it formed a fish, how a fish became a reptile, how a reptile became a bird and then a mammal, how a mammal went back to the ocean and became a whale and ...................... I will have to say God does exist. It just seems the most logical to me. Also when this nagging felling inside me stops I might be able not to believe.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Show proof that a single cell can grow attached but different cells preforming different functions that complement each other.
Do you actually know what the logical fallacy called "argument from ignorance" is? Your argument basically consists of “since we don’t know something, God must exist”. Personally I have no interest in debating whether or not “God” exists, but I have to say that this line of reasoning is so incredibly bad that it is offensive to logic, it is offensive to humanity, and if there is a “God” surely believing solely because of ignorance must be offensive to “God”.

What you are promoting here is “God of the gaps” theology.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Either he doesn't exist or most popular conceptions of him are very misguided indeed.

Archer

fantôme profane;2289473 said:
Do you actually know what the logical fallacy called "argument from ignorance" is? Your argument basically consists of “since we don’t know something, God must exist”. Personally I have no interest in debating whether or not “God” exists, but I have to say that this line of reasoning is so incredibly bad that it is offensive to logic, it is offensive to humanity, and if there is a “God” surely believing solely because of ignorance must be offensive to “God”.

What you are promoting here is “God of the gaps” theology.

I could say the same to you. Stalemate.

Using a statement just like yours:

Your argument basically consists of “since we know some things that lead to some logical conclusions, God must not exist”. Though we have incomplete information; it is enough to say there is no God and the Bible is false.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
I could say the same to you. Stalemate.

Using a statement just like yours:

Your argument basically consists of “since we know some things that lead to some logical conclusions, God must not exist”. Though we have incomplete information; it is enough to say there is no God and the Bible is false.

No, since we know some thing, God does not necessarily exist.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
I believe modern man has always been as he is except for the neanderthal inbreeding.
GRAAARRRRGGGHHH!

I told you so! :p But more importantly, there is no possible evidence for that view, other than your own stubbornness. Scientific literature will tell you that man evolves, has only existed as a species for 100k years or so, and Neanderthalis died before any writer could have possibly known about them. Religious literature will tell you that Neanderthalis didn't exist at all. Mixing the two is simply dishonesty.

(If I have changed my signature, this post won't make sense. It says, ATM, " If you try to tell me that this is the best of all possible worlds, or something equally stupid, I'll get Jake to shout at you.")