• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Anyone here support ISIS?

Do you support ISIS

• No

Votes: 61 95.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
On very simple answer. NO.
I don't think a simple answer will suffice
From last April:
The US's Secretary of State John Kerry and its UN ambassador, Samantha Power have been pushing for more assistance to be given to the Syrian rebels.

This is despite strong evidence that the Syrian armed opposition are, more than ever, dominated by jihadi fighters similar in their beliefs and methods to al-Qa'ida. The recent attack by rebel forces around Latakia, northern Syria, which initially had a measure of success, was led by Chechen and Moroccan jihadis.
America has done its best to keep secret its role in supplying the Syrian armed opposition, operating through proxies and front companies.

CIA, MI6 and Turkey's rogue game in Syria: New claims say Ankara worked with the US and Britain to smuggle Gaddafi's guns to rebel groups - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Yerda

Veteran Member
ISIS is the result of the wars in Iraq and Syria. US and allied foreign policy and war created ISIS?
This seems to be the case with almost every terrorist group I hear of. The people involved appear willing to use any method to protect interests in the short term. The same disease is destroying almost every aspect of the society I live in.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dang! I voted <no>, thinking it was about those violent Islam types.
But I support....
tumblr_mftf011dNX1qd87w4o1_500.gif

raw_thought

ISIS was rejected by Al-Qaeda for being too brutal and cruel!!!! That's like applying to Manson's "family" and being rejected because you are too nuts!!!
I am a pacifist ( I guess i will put the "fist" back into pacifist!:D )
1. It is in our best interest to eliminate ISIS.
2. It is the moral thing to do. The over 20,000 Yazidis will die if we do not kill the ISIS troops. The math tells us to kill all the ISIS troops on the ground *. True, killing is wrong, but to prevent a greater evil is right.
3. This is an opportunity! Most of the other Muslims hate ISIS. We can ( at least temporarily) be their allies! Thus facilitating a diplomatic solution to other problems in the middle east.
* Some may object that this is impossible to achieve. I disagree. These are well defined troops in a specific geographical area. They are not like Al-Qaeda, that is hidden. I think our bombs can eliminate a target in the middle of a relative desert.

raw_thought

ISIS is the result of the wars in Iraq and Syria. US and allied foreign policy and war created ISIS.
Weren't these same nutters flavour of the month a few short months ago in their fight against Assad?
I agree that we ( the west) have caused most of the problems in the middle east.
Treaty of Versailles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia caused Hitler to come to power. It made Germans starve etc and they felt very angry. So they went to a man ( Hitler) that promised revenge. Similarly we supported a brutal dictator ,the Shah* etc. HOWEVER, it was still our moral duty to destroy Hitler.
[youtube]kpgJzlY9y8A[/youtube]
Mr. Peabody and Sherman Travel WayBack to 1953 - A History of Iraq - YouTube
Basically, the idea that we caused Khomeini, Saddam,ISIS..... to get power ( which is a fact) does not mean that it is not our moral duty to destroy them.
* and that caused Khomeini to achieve power.

Last edited:

Aquitaine

After reading some posts, I had the impression that some of us here on RF do indeed support ISIS. I wanted to check if I was right or wrong.

Contrary to what you have repeatedly implied, I do not support ISIS in any way-shape-or-form, ergo I voted "No".

Aquitaine

Interesting..... I'd heard rumours that ISIS basically split from the FSA, so at one point they fell under the same branch so-to-speak. Admittedly, I haven't exactly looked into it, but it would be interesting if it were true. :yes:

If true, it would be yet another example of blowback thanks to reckless Foreign Policy in that region.

But of course - secretly I'm just a pro-ISIS cheerleader who loves Genocide and hates the US/UK/Israel. :rolleyes:

CynthiaCypher

ISIS was rejected by Al-Qaeda for being too brutal and cruel!!!! That's like applying to Manson's "family" and being rejected because you are too nuts!!!
I am a pacifist ( I guess i will put the "fist" back into pacifist!:D )
1. It is in our best interest to eliminate ISIS.
2. It is the moral thing to do. The over 20,000 Yazidis will die if we do not kill the ISIS troops. The math tells us to kill all the ISIS troops on the ground *. True, killing is wrong, but to prevent a greater evil is right.
3. This is an opportunity! Most of the other Muslims hate ISIS. We can ( at least temporarily) be their allies! Thus facilitating a diplomatic solution to other problems in the middle east.
* Some may object that this is impossible to achieve. I disagree. These are well defined troops in a specific geographical area. They are not like Al-Qaeda, that is hidden. I think our bombs can eliminate a target in the middle of a relative desert.

I view ISIS the way I view cancer. They need to be removed with surgical precision. So even though I think war is evil, I do not think the removal of a cancerous tumor on humanity is evil.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree that we ( the west) have caused most of the problems in the middle east.
Treaty of Versailles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia caused Hitler to come to power. It made Germans starve etc and they felt very angry. So they went to a man ( Hitler) that promised revenge. Similarly we supported a brutal dictator ,the Shah* etc. HOWEVER, it was still our moral duty to destroy Hitler.
[youtube]kpgJzlY9y8A[/youtube]
Mr. Peabody and Sherman Travel WayBack to 1953 - A History of Iraq - YouTube
Basically, the idea that we caused Khomeini, Saddam,ISIS..... to get power ( which is a fact) does not mean that it is not our moral duty to destroy them.
* and that caused Khomeini to achieve power.
So in 1953 our fearless leaders felt a moral duty to overthrow the democratically elected government of Iran.
This resulted in moral outrage at this puppet regime being overthrown by religious fanatics.
This caused a situation wherein dear leaders felt a moral duty to supply Iraq with WMDs to attack Iran.
This caused them to feel a moral duty to invade Iraq.
This resulted in a ramped up terrorist war against the west.
This caused our benevolent leaders to feel a moral duty to invade Afghanistan and Iraq (again!).
These efforts are failing, which engenders a moral duty for said leaders to continue the wars for many many years.
And so it goes.

It seems that we've a moral duty to be more moral in our deciding upon our duties.

Last edited:

Aquitaine

So in 1953 our fearless leaders felt a moral duty to overthrow the democratically elected government of Iran.
This resulted in moral outrage at this puppet regime being overthrown by religious fanatics.
This caused a situation wherein dear leaders felt a moral duty to supply Iraq with WMDs to attack Iran.
This caused them to feel a moral duty to invade Iraq.
This resulted in a ramped up terrorist war against the west.
This caused our benevolent leaders to feel a moral duty to invade Afghanistan and Iraq (again!).
These efforts are failing, which engenders a moral duty for said leaders to continue the wars for many many years.
And so it goes.

It seems that we've a moral duty to be more moral in our deciding upon our duties.

Indeed.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Is "ISIS" plural or singular?

Some say "ISIS are" and some others say "ISIS is".

I wonder how rice tastes with melted cheese. Cheesy maybe?

Alceste

Vagabond
I view ISIS the way I view cancer. They need to be removed with surgical precision. So even though I think war is evil, I do not think the removal of a cancerous tumor on humanity is evil.

I agree with this. If I could, I would shoot every single one of them in the head myself, point blank, without remorse. They're the worst people the world has seen since the Nazis.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Indeed.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".
I guess now it's....
"The road to Hell is paved with moral duty."

I even saw a call (somewhere on RF) that we should
get involved before thinking to much about it. I'm
a big fan of thinking. (I should do it more often.)