• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think climate change has a purpose?

Shantanu

Could it be in God's plan to cause it? Maybe He wants us to prevent it? To test us? Maybe it can't be prevented? Maybe it's just our slow distruction? Maybe it's nothing much.
I questioned God about this: He said that there is nothing he wishes to say about that. I think we should just get on with our lives and utilise the fossil fuels until we run out of the fossil fuels and then if the climate change is real we will come to an end. Since we individually come to an end anyway with our deaths, why care about the future of the planet and future generations. We cannot even take care of our present generations and fight amongst each other. What is life for anyway? We live so we live till it all comes to an end. There is no God who wishes to be known for the good things He has done for mankind. We are speck in the history of the universe.

So yes, let us not worry about climate change. What we should do is to sort out man's injustices towards his fellowmen and not God's injustices towards humanity through climate change fears.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe you might want to read that parable again because you missed the point.

I believe we ought to do that but it kind of is a moot point if He is only going to destroy it in a few years.
God will do what God will do. It doesn't release us from our responsibility as Stewards of his Garden.

Bear Wild

I questioned God about this: He said that there is nothing he wishes to say about that. I think we should just get on with our lives and utilise the fossil fuels until we run out of the fossil fuels and then if the climate change is real we will come to an end. Since we individually come to an end anyway with our deaths, why care about the future of the planet and future generations. We cannot even take care of our present generations and fight amongst each other. What is life for anyway? We live so we live till it all comes to an end. There is no God who wishes to be known for the good things He has done for mankind. We are speck in the history of the universe.

So yes, let us not worry about climate change. What we should do is to sort out man's injustices towards his fellowmen and not God's injustices towards humanity through climate change fears.
So some god you talk to doesn't care. What an uncompassionate view. Why care about the future of the planet? just go ahead and make the Earth uninhabitable for future generations? I cannot think of anything more selfish. Is the god you talk to selfish, uncaring, uncompassionate or is that just you talking to yourself. What good does it do to sort out man's injustices to other fellow men and women when there will not be a world to live in? Climate change and scarcity of water and food will increase the injustices which it is already doing. And even more confusing is what you mean not to worry about gods injustices towards humanity through climate change? So god is causing the climate change and humans have not responsibility? I am sorry you see it through such a selfish view. We humans are responsible and fall the talk about our intelligence it seems to many of us are not intelligent enough to take the needed responsibility to correct what we are doing wrong.

Bear Wild

God will do what God will do. It doesn't release us from our responsibility as Stewards of his Garden.
We are clearly not stewards at all but fellow members of our diverse natural world and we are responsible for our actions. The earth is not a garden it is a world filled with a diversity of life. Garden is a human centric view that we should control life.

Shantanu

So some god you talk to doesn't care. What an uncompassionate view. Why care about the future of the planet? just go ahead and make the Earth uninhabitable for future generations? I cannot think of anything more selfish. Is the god you talk to selfish, uncaring, uncompassionate or is that just you talking to yourself. What good does it do to sort out man's injustices to other fellow men and women when there will not be a world to live in? Climate change and scarcity of water and food will increase the injustices which it is already doing. And even more confusing is what you mean not to worry about gods injustices towards humanity through climate change? So god is causing the climate change and humans have not responsibility? I am sorry you see it through such a selfish view. We humans are responsible and fall the talk about our intelligence it seems to many of us are not intelligent enough to take the needed responsibility to correct what we are doing wrong.
Instead of worrying about the future of the planet, why do you not offer some solutions: will you stop using fossil fuels and go back to the dark ages where we could not communicate with each other and lived in discomfort?- be dharmic for God's sake. Perhaps God wants us to determine for ourselves how the planet should be maintained. But first we must sort out the wicked States that cause oppression of those speaking out for humanity.

Last edited:

syo

Could it be in God's plan to cause it? Maybe He wants us to prevent it? To test us? Maybe it can't be prevented? Maybe it's just our slow distruction? Maybe it's nothing much.
What does climate change have to do with God? o_O