• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think climate change has a purpose?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
LOL!

I remember driving in Firenze (Florence in english, i believe). Man................ At one point, I had to cross like 4 lanes within 50 meters to make my turn, while surrounded by more Vespa's then I could count who were literally driving in all directions. I drove around the round point 4 times before I had the courage to just say "o well, i'll just signal and go for it". It was like I was a shark swimming through a school of fishes. Apparantly that was how you do it there. Just go. They'll stop and/or avoid you when you do. lol!!

Or Istanbul, that was even worse.
Those white lines that are painted on the roads.... That's just decoration.
And here and there you have these nice red, green and orange lights. No idea what their purpose was. :-O

I spent a few weeks in Florence, exciting times. And Rome, even more exciting but nothing in Europe beats Naples for real white knuckle driving.

The mayor of Naples said, green is for go, red is for go with caution and orange looks pretty.

Not been to Istanbul but the roads in India are really scary.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I spent a few weeks in Florence, exciting times. And Rome, even more exciting but nothing in Europe beats Naples for real white knuckle driving.

The mayor of Naples said, green is for go, red is for go with caution and orange looks pretty.

LOLOLOL!!!! :D

I love Italy though.
By far my favorite holiday destination.
Been to Rome a few times as well.

Napels just once and only really in transit... It was an excursion to Pompeï during one of the Rome city trips. Had a quick tour for about an hour of some landmark spots before lunch and moving on to Pompeï afterwards. I was a bit shocked at how dirty Napels was though. But this was right after the standoff with the mafia who controlled the garbage collection etc. Garbage was left in the streets for weeks, months even.

Pompeï was one of those places that had been on my bucket list for a really long time. Amazing place. A bit macabre at times though, lol. But truelly amazing. Never felt so connected to ancient roman culture as that day. Absolutely mindblowing. The streets, the houses, the villa's, the baths,... ow my! I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

And italian food. Ow my lord, the food...............................

upload_2019-2-28_16-48-54.png

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Could it be in God's plan to cause it? Maybe He wants us to prevent it? To test us? Maybe it can't be prevented? Maybe it's just our slow distruction? Maybe it's nothing much.
Climate change has a purpose. It's not God's, but nature's: to cool a warming Earth. Rising global temperatures bring changes to the jet stream and ocean currents. Warm and hot spots shift, cloud cover grows or thins, and the planet's crust shrugs, causing earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunamis. Dust rises and settles. Life-forms perish.

The Earth rolls over in her bed and goes back to sleep.

ChristineM

Premium Member
LOLOLOL!!!! :D

I love Italy though.
By far my favorite holiday destination.
Been to Rome a few times as well.

Napels just once and only really in transit... It was an excursion to Pompeï during one of the Rome city trips. Had a quick tour for about an hour of some landmark spots before lunch and moving on to Pompeï afterwards. I was a bit shocked at how dirty Napels was though. But this was right after the standoff with the mafia who controlled the garbage collection etc. Garbage was left in the streets for weeks, months even.

Pompeï was one of those places that had been on my bucket list for a really long time. Amazing place. A bit macabre at times though, lol. But truelly amazing. Never felt so connected to ancient roman culture as that day. Absolutely mindblowing. The streets, the houses, the villa's, the baths,... ow my! I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

And italian food. Ow my lord, the food...............................

View attachment 27240

I love italy, was aiming at moving there, Campania but wound up in france.

Pompeii needs more than a few hours really we spent 3 days, first a guided tour followed by the afternoon exploring
Returned a couple more times since.
Did you get to see Herculaneum? A mini Pompeii but in better condition.
I am betting you will return

Naples pizza. No more said.

Ok more said. Found a dingy restaurant/take away somewhere near Sienna. Queues outside including, police, fire and ambulance workers with people walking away carrying plastic bags and pizza boxes. I had a carbonara i will remember for ever. Pasta cooked in very salty water, chunks of pancetta and a raw egg plonked on top. Mix in the egg, it cooks on the pasta. Simple and delightful.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Ok more said. Found a dingy restaurant/take away somewhere near Sienna. Queues outside including, police, fire and ambulance workers with people walking away carrying plastic bags and pizza boxes. I had a carbonara i will remember for ever. Pasta cooked in very salty water, chunks of pancetta and a raw egg plonked on top. Mix in the egg, it cooks on the pasta. Simple and delightful.

Stop it, you're killing me!!!

:D

Carbonara is THE dish by which I judge an italian restaurant, always! :)
So simple idd, yet so easy to mess up if not done correctly.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Stop it, you're killing me!!!

:D

Carbonara is THE dish by which I judge an italian restaurant, always! :)
So simple idd, yet so easy to mess up if not done correctly.
Carbonara is one of my favorites to make, though since pancetta is not readily available I do tend to use bacon. Bacon, garlic, evaporated milk if I am trying to be "healthy", eggs, fresh parsley and lots of fresh ground pepper.

David T

Premium Member
*poof*
-no computers
-no automation
-no modern medicine
-no significant reductions in the severity of global poverty
-no mass communication
-no means of systematically disproving fraudulent and bad claims and gathering evidence about the natural world to better explain it (the only thing science really is and does)
And you again prove my point. Your more addicted to the reality we create than interested in actual reality the creating that reality is caused by science.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
And that is exactly what? Science is not responsible. That' fantasy.

The point being that science discovered the nasty effects of burning fossil fuels more then 6 decades ago and that the oil industry not only ignored those warnings, but actively lobbied against it and deliberatly spread misinformation and confusion about that and still do.

Nobody is denying that it was science that initially discovered oil and what you can do with it, nore is it the point here.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Hey I am unbiased I actually am indifferent as to causality I just state the obvious based on simple observations is all. I love science but it's not a philosophy.

Such nonsensical repeating of the same mantra over, and over, and over and.... Plus the accuracy as you claimed in your post is bull and can only be the product of trolling.

Unless of course you can provide evidence for your many zeros

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Carbonara is one of my favorites to make, though since pancetta is not readily available I do tend to use bacon. Bacon, garlic, evaporated milk if I am trying to be "healthy", eggs, fresh parsley and lots of fresh ground pepper.
My wife's from Italy, and my favorite sauce she makes is with pork hocks, sometimes with fresh Italian sausage with fennel.

My second favorite is with fried eggplant and potato in a marinara sauce that's laced with fresh garlic and basil.

And then there's an uncooked marinara sauce that's so heavily laced with garlic one dares not go out socially afterword, and the next morning you'll wake up thinking the the entire Italian army marched through your mouth. But it is soooooooooo gooooooood!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My wife's from Italy, and my favorite sauce she makes is with pork hocks, sometimes with fresh Italian sausage with fennel.

My second favorite is with fried eggplant and potato in a marinara sauce that's laced with fresh garlic and basil.

And then there's an uncooked marinara sauce that's so heavily laced with garlic one dares not go out socially afterword, and the next morning you'll wake up thinking the the entire Italian army marched through your mouth. But it is soooooooooo gooooooood!
Okay, I have to quit reading this thread. I feel my weight inching upwards without eating anything.

One thing that I took from a local cooking show is that real San Marazano tomatoes make a difference. They cost more than twice what the local ones do but they are worth it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
One thing that I took from a local cooking show is that real San Marazano tomatoes make a difference. They cost more than twice what the local ones do but they are worth it.
It's the same when we have tomatoes grown locally in Italy, but not those for the foreign market. Because so little water is used, which slows the growing time but makes the tomatoes so much sweeter and meatier, they are ideal for sauce. For the latter sauce that I mentioned to you, we actually grade them uncooked and then hit them with the fresh garlic and basic with salt and ground roasted almonds that are smashed, the latter which gives the sauce a deeper flavor-- but don't put too much in or your sauce will get bitter.

BTW, if you grow your own tomatoes, use Roma or Early Girls, and make certain that you don't water them hardly at all once they're established. The plants will be smaller but the tomatoes so much tastier.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

But importing them is heavy on climate!
Just to get somewhat on topic again. :D

/makes reservation in fine italian restaurant because why the heck not....

Muffled

Jesus in me
That's asking if it's in God's will for us to sin.

Look, if you are the standard Christian who uses the Bible for your morality, you believe God placed mankind in authority over the earth. Stewards. Gardeners of his world. It's a RESPONSIBILITY. Don't you have a parable by Jesus about the gardeners who didn't take care of the orchard and how the owner became angry with them?

I believe you might want to read that parable again because you missed the point.

I believe we ought to do that but it kind of is a moot point if He is only going to destroy it in a few years.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I went to DMV to learn the meaning of traffic signs. The meaning of God's signs seem as varied as there are around to people interpret them.

So to me it's just random people I don't really know making statements about signs from God.

I believe interpreting signs is not easy, so that is why Daniel and Joseph were considered important because they could.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Climate has probably always changed, and I believe it would change even if humans would not exist. People probably can’t stop change. And actually, I don’t see why we should stop change to this situation. People are not destroyed because of climate change. More probably people will be destroyed because of evilness, greed, selfishness and other really harmful states of mind.

I do find it hard to believe that cavemen caused the ice age by having campfires.