• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you respond to a thread without reading the OP?

idea

Question Everything
why would we wanna read other people's wrong opionion on the matter at hand when we perfectly know that only we know the real answer to your qeustions

LOL! Because we want to know who agrees with us and who does not - who to frubal, and who to try and be fruballed by :D

We can also sit back and tell ourself how smart we are compared to all the other posters LOL!

Does anyone really ask questions? There are no real questions... just bait.

blackout

Violet.
Yes, I do think it's acceptable for Nuns to eat Linguine with Clam Sauce.
Especially on fridays, in full habit... and sackcloth breifs.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I see people do this, and I wonder if I also do it, involuntarily, depending on the topic... Why do you think you do it, if you do?

I can't think of instances off the top of my head. But practically every thread I create has a handful of posts that seem to only respond to the thread title and not the contents of the original post. I can only assume that everyone must do this sometimes...

I do it all the time. Shamelessly. :cool: No matter how much I embarass myself. :D

Laziness is my only excuse.

mimidotcom

Seeking
i have a habit of reading the majority of the comments of a thread i find interesting. i like to see other people's views..this can take long time, as some threads are sooo very long lol.. i dont always reply to the OP.. being the topic does "branch out" as was stated earlier in this thread.. my comments do not usually apply to the OP. but yes. i read the OP in every thread, i just dont respond to it as much as i do to the other comments. i guess that means they are successful at "baiting me" or some sh*t!!!

Smoke

Done here.
I might have, but I don't remember doing so.

What I am often guilty of is responding to the OP regardless of where the discussion has gone since then.

J Bryson

I don't have a problem regarding the OP. However, every once in a while I've forgotten to see if something is in the DIR section....

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend tomspug,

Normally read the OP and respond to it and later respond to responses trying to keep the OP in mind.
Well as humans may not have perfected the art yet!

Love & rgds

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I sometimes do. Not often, but sometimes. I usually do it when I'm in a hurry, or just want to add my thoughts to a thread. And a few times, probably more than that, I have posted something that I thought was what the OP was about, but in reality I was no where close.