• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Mormons Support Obama

despi

McCain said he knew next to nothing about economics, he needs Romney. The two of them would be a powerful package.

I agree :)....with McCain's strength in national security, Romney would add his strength in economics to the ticket....plus, he's a great fund raiser and I think McCain could use some help in the department!

ohyeah

Wasn't aware that a difference of opinion made someone an "anti-Mormon," it is very sad when member's stoop so low to suggest that one of their own is "anti-Mormon."

you are acting like one.

typical behavior for anti-mormons-the mormon makes his point; the anti-mormon denies that he did.

i gave you solid evidence. barack's speeches. pick one. any one. he's a liberal. are you denying it? is he denying it?

nutshell

you are acting like one.

typical behavior for anti-mormons-the mormon makes his point; the anti-mormon denies that he did.

i gave you solid evidence. barack's speeches. pick one. any one. he's a liberal. are you denying it? is he denying it?

I've asked you for specifics and you have not delivered. Pick a single issue that his stance on is against God? You haven't done it (even when I created a thread for it).

He's liberal does not equate with "against God."

Do you know who Harry Reid is?

ohyeah

I've asked you for specifics and you have not delivered. Pick a single issue that his stance on is against God? You haven't done it (even when I created a thread for it).

He's liberal does not equate with "against God."

Do you know who Harry Reid is?

yes i know who harry reid is. he's that idiot who started that ruse against rush limbaugh that embarrased(or at least they should have been embarrassed) the church for anyone who knew he was lds. i wrote a letter to the church regarding his misuse of his position and in apropriate use of workplace resources to further his personal agenda.

nutshell

Actually, I haven't seen FFH recently, but a prophesy he believes in would like be supported by a McCain/Romney ticket.

jonny

i don't understand how an active lds who understands our beliefs could support him.

at the core of our beliefs is the importance of our free agency. if you look at satan's tools, they are all designed to take away our free agency.

everything that obama stands for is also about taking away our free agency.

he wants us to all work for the government. what kind of government is that? the more of your money they control, the more they control you.

also if you look at the left on virtually every issue they support, you will see they are consistently against God.

Yeah, well I have a hard time understanding why so many Mormons kick and scream when homosexuals are given rights and then claim to be for "free agency." Who's trying to control whom?

ohyeah

Yeah, well I have a hard time understanding why so many Mormons kick and scream when homosexuals are given rights and then claim to be for "free agency." Who's trying to control whom?

what rights are mormons kicking and screaming about?

i worked for many years in television...in los angeles! i haven't noticed any mormons kicking and screaming about the rights of homosexuals. last time i looked they had the same rights as anyone else.

Bishka

Veteran Member
what rights are mormons kicking and screaming about?

i worked for many years in television...in los angeles! i haven't noticed any mormons kicking and screaming about the rights of homosexuals. last time i looked they had the same rights as anyone else.

Really now?

How about the right to get married (this is for a completley other thread).

They don't have that right.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
To the people they love like us?

No, they don't.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss this.
Technically ohyeah has a point. It doesn't necessarily mean that they not being able to marry other homosexuals is right, but he still has a point. They have just the same rights everyone else does. Everyone is allowed to marry those of the opposite sex, it is a right no one is denied.

nutshell

Technically ohyeah has a point. It doesn't necessarily mean that they not being able to marry other homosexuals is right, but he still has a point. They have just the same rights everyone else does. Everyone is allowed to marry those of the opposite sex, it is a right no one is denied.

And that "right" is insufficient. People used to have a right to slavery - that doesn't mean it was a correct practice.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
And that "right" is insufficient. People used to have a right to slavery - that doesn't mean it was a correct practice.

I'll sell myself to someone as a slave as long as whoever buys me promises not to confine me or command me to do anything.:p

Starfish

Please no sarcasm

I agree. With certain limits, any man can marry any woman. No special rights or privileges. I completely support the Church's stand here.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I agree. With certain limits, any man can marry any woman. No special rights or privileges. I completely support the Church's stand here.

Church and State are separate, or did you forget that we don't live in a theocracy.