• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Mormons Support Obama

Bishka

Veteran Member
I like you. But, I don't always understand you. What do you mean by this question? In my opinion you are mistaken about D&C 134. However, I see nothing in church doctrine that keeps you from supporting Obama, if he's your man.

Then why does someone create a thread asking if "Mormons Support Obama," and then argue against him if it's not against our teachings?!

You conservatives confuse me.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Then why does someone create a thread asking if "Mormons Support Obama," and then argue against him if it's not against our teachings?!

You conservatives confuse me.

The church does not take a stance on a politician. Invididual church members may give their opinions on why they think a politician is out of step with their moral views or out of step with the moral issues where the church does take a stance. But that's a personal opinion. This conservative (me) allows for good LDS democrats or liberals to vote their conscience. I don't question their faith, while I may question their views. Maybe that makes me less conservative than some. :yes:

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
It's a hard place to be in running for president, don't you think?

Like many LDS members asked the world to do for Romney.

Give the guy a break.

---

On a side note, I doubt I'll be coming to this forum much longer, I see I am not welcome and that my ideas and the way I view the Church are not accepted.

You're failing to see the point. I'm not questioning Obama's religion, nor am I questioning the reverend's statements, in this post. I'm questioning Obama's honesty. This is entirely different from the demands on Romney to explain his religion.

I'm sorry you feel unwelcome because I don't agree with you here. What would you have me do?

DeepShadow

White Crow
On a side note, I doubt I'll be coming to this forum much longer, I see I am not welcome and that my ideas and the way I view the Church are not accepted.

By some, perhaps. There are plenty of others of us here who do welcome you and accept your ideas. Don't leave because of a few boneheads!

jonny

What does everyone else think about this, I just discovered this is Obama's preacher from his home church.
YouTube - Obama Spiritual Mentor: God Damn America
Obama's Pastor: "Hillary ain't never been called a ******"
I know this is a touchy subject, discussing Obama's religion, especially considering all the flack Romney got for being Mormon. But the majority of the issues brought up about Romney being Mormon are things that have been beaten to death for, some of them, nearly 100 years and are basically non-issues when it comes to politics; Huckabee's comment, "Don't Mormons believe Jesus and Satan are brothers?" is an example. But Obama's pastor, who he supports, is clearly preaching (and I cringe using this term but I can't think of one that better describes it right now) "anti-Americanism". He even says "God damn America". I believe in separation of Church and State, but this preacher, apparently, does not. Obama has tried to cut around these statements from his Preacher but from what I have seen he is not very convincing at it. If Obama is going to bring these kind of attitudes into the White House, I do not want him getting anywhere near it. What does everyone else think of this?

People used very similar tactics against Romney. Did that effect your vote?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
If Mitt is not on the ticket with MCCain for vice, i can not in good concious vote for mcCain.

if it comes down to it i will have to vote for Obama.

Bishka

Veteran Member
If Mitt is not on the ticket with MCCain for vice, i can not in good concious vote for mcCain.

if it comes down to it i will have to vote for Obama.

You do not have to vote for anyone. You choose who you think will best represent this country.

:cool:

madhatter85

Transhumanist
i know, but i can't in good concious vote for anyone else.

i thought mitt would run this country great for various reasons regarding the economy and healthcare.

but i can't let Billary or McCain get into office, i cannot stand either of them

Obama has my support from what i have seen and heard, especialyl his recent speech about race was AMAZING.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
I can't in good conscience vote for Obama.
He's inexperienced. Public speaking talent alone does not make a president. I'd like to see him serve as a governor first.
He's never led anything.
I strongly object to his choice in mentors. IMO his mentor was dangerous.

What is Obama's military experience? Romney was raked over for never serving in the military. Yet I've never even heard it mentioned about Obama.