• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do liberals and atheists honestly think Hitler represents Christianity?

Bob the Unbeliever

Which part of history directly contradicts the story of Yeshua and the Baptiste? Even critics of Christianity accepted that Jesus was real..

So what? For thousands of years, the majority thought the earth was flat. Then? It wasn't. For thousands of years, people just knew the Earth was at the center of the universe. Then it wasn't. For even longer, people just knew the Sun was a flaming ball of gas. Then... it wasn't.

Bottom line: Without a single writing, statue, poem, door-poster, missive, announcement, record, law, etc, etc, etc, that mentions "Jesus" or whatever the latest magic name they try to dredge up is. Until a minimum of 60 years too late-- and many say it's more like 90 years.

That's 3 to 5 generations too late! Nope-- Jesus remains myth, until you can point to artifacts from the time he was actually alive.

Worse: The oldest writings, all speak in Mythic Terminology. Paul the heretic, never speaks of "Jesus the Man" or refers to Jesus as a person. Always a Celestial Being: Myth.

So, it looks like the Myths Have It, due to the 100% complete lack of evidence to the contrary.

Bob the Unbeliever

I have answered your question ...... more than once..

No-- you dodged and continue to dodge the question by Moving The Goal Posts to suit your own (unsubstantiated) flavor of what you want things to be.

If you think that Hitler wanted a Christian Reich then you've lost the pl;ot.
Hitler wanted a HITLER Reich! Hitler wanted to be the centre of it all, not any prophets, trinities, etc. .

False. Hitler wanted a Christian Nazi Theocracy. And for some reason Jesus was okay with it-- simply by doing nothing, as is his habit.
I have shown that.

Not even slightly.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I have answered your question ...... more than once.

If you think that Hitler wanted a Christian Reich then you've lost the pl;ot.
Hitler wanted a HITLER Reich! Hitler wanted to be the centre of it all, not any prophets, trinities, etc.

I have shown that.
Do you see any similarities between Hitler's actions and this plan?

1. to burn down Jewish synagogues and schools and warn people against them;
  2. to refuse to let Jews own houses among Christians;
  3. for Jewish religious writings to be taken away;
  4. for rabbis to be forbidden to preach;
  5. to offer no protection to Jews on highways;
  6. for usury to be prohibited and for all silver and gold to be removed, put aside for safekeeping, and given back to Jews who truly convert; and
  7. to give young, strong Jews flail, axe, spade, and spindle, and let them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow.
On the Jews and Their Lies - Wikipedia

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Thank you.

That quote was from Martin Luther, not Hitler. It was from his book On the Jews and Their Lies. (Edit: which Hitler would have handed out at his rallies, BTW)

So are you dismissing the father of the Reformation - and his movement that now has almost half of the world's Christians - as "not Christian?"
The thread is about Hitler!
Why would I comment on Luther?
I assumed that you had sent me a writing of Hitlers.
Have you lost the plot, or what?

Please understand that before full power Hitler would have said.writ anything in order to ease his passage..... to full power. You need to review what Hitler said/did/wrote after gaining full power.

The proposal that Hitler was a real Christian is just complete evangelical-atheist rubbish.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Do you see any similarities between Hitler's actions and this plan?

On the Jews and Their Lies - Wikipedia

I see everything that Hitler said, wrote and did on his rise to power as having been political positioning ...... to gain popularity and votes.

After full power we see Hitler ...... the real international criminal.

But...... although I see Hitler as a murdering thief in connection with his crimes upon Jews, just as, say, Henry V111 a murdering thief for his crimes upon Catholics, Hitler could have paid more attention to the filth that imo the apostle John wrote. But you haven't picked on that, possibly because Hitler did not pick on it.

But Hitler a Christian? It's a crazy idea.

sooda

Veteran Member
I see everything that Hitler said, wrote and did on his rise to power as having been political positioning ...... to gain popularity and votes.

After full power we see Hitler ...... the real international criminal.

But...... although I see Hitler as a murdering thief in connection with his crimes upon Jews, just as, say, Henry V111 a murdering thief for his crimes upon Catholics, Hitler could have paid more attention to the filth that imo the apostle John wrote. But you haven't picked on that, possibly because Hitler did not pick on it.

But Hitler a Christian? It's a crazy idea.

Its inconceivable that Hitler was a Christian, BUT... there have always been perversions of faith often for political reasons.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So what? For thousands of years, the majority thought the earth was flat. Then? It wasn't. For thousands of years, people just knew the Earth was at the center of the universe. Then it wasn't. For even longer, people just knew the Sun was a flaming ball of gas. Then... it wasn't.
Ummmmm...... you're ranting, and off subject.
You can't win a debate about the verity of the gospels by using flat-earth belief.
That's the kind of thing that the mythers try.

Bottom line: Without a single writing, statue, poem, door-poster, missive, announcement, record, law, etc, etc, etc, that mentions "Jesus" or whatever the latest magic name they try to dredge up is. Until a minimum of 60 years too late-- and many say it's more like 90 years.
There were a few Statements about the Baptist, and about Jesus.
Start at the beginning. Disprove the Baptist and the mission first.
Good Luck with that.

That's 3 to 5 generations too late! Nope-- Jesus remains myth, until you can point to artifacts from the time he was actually alive.
You don't like that I call your posts like the ones written by the mythers, so don't write like that, is my suggestion.
And G-Mark was probably written circa 55-65 AD, 30 years after the events.
You must remember that the Peasantry used Oral Tradition for recording their histories.

Your historical background doesn't seem strong on all this.

Worse: The oldest writings, all speak in Mythic Terminology. Paul the heretic, never speaks of "Jesus the Man" or refers to Jesus as a person. Always a Celestial Being: Myth.
Paul was not a witness.
Mythers always concentrate on the weak writings.
Try smashing up G-Mark. Yes Christians did fiddle with G-Mark, but the more you study so the more you see the fiddlings.

So, it looks like the Myths Have It, due to the 100% complete lack of evidence to the contrary.

Pathetic stance.
Now.......... try smashing up the beginning of it all. Try smashing up the Baptist story entirely.

We can move on to the Yeshua story later.

I love debating with the mythers, I'm just hoping that you might turn out to be one........ do you think it's all myth?

Last edited by a moderator:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Its inconceivable that Hitler was a Christian, BUT... there have always been perversions of faith often for political reasons.
Oh, for sure........ that murdering maniac rode any horse he could towards power.
But was he a Christian himself?
He picked on Roman culture, Roman everything, and pre-Christian Roman, I reckon.

sooda

Veteran Member
You can't win a debate about the verity of the gospels by using flat-earth belief.
That's the kind of thing that the mythers try.

Good Luck with that.

You don't like that I call your posts like the ones written by the miffers, so don't wriote like that, is my suggestion.
And G-Mark was probably written circa 55-65 AD, 30 years after the events.
You musdt remember that the Peasantry used Oral Tradition for recording their histories.

Your historical background doesn't seem strong on all this.

Paul was not a witness.
Mythers always concentrate on the weak writings.
Try smashing up G-Mark. Yes Christians did fiddle with G-Mark, but the more you study so the more you see the fiddlings.

Pathetic stance.
Now.......... try smashing up the beginning of it all. Try smashing up the Baptist story entirely.

We can move on to the Yeshua story later.

I love debating with the miffers, I'm just hoping that you might turn out to be one........ do you think it's all myth?

I don't think that Mark, Paul or Luke ever met Jesus.

lukethethird

unknown member
Do liberals and atheists honestly think Hitler represents Christianity?

Christianity varies about as much as the human condition varies.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The thread is about Hitler!
Why would I comment on Luther?
I assumed that you had sent me a writing of Hitlers.
Have you lost the plot, or what
The Christian religious leader and theologian who is probably second only to the Apostle Paul in terms of impact on the Christian religion, had such anti-Semitic religious beliefs that you can't tell his writings apart from Hitler, and Hitler explicitly pointed to him as an inspiration.

... but you can't see any link between Christianity and Naziism? Seems it's you who lost the plot.

Bob the Unbeliever

What did I call you?

Your posts claim the Jesus story is a myth!!!
Oh go on......... see what the moderators say.
Off you go........

Classic. You hate it when people call you on your Ugly Behavior, but are too quick to judge others on theirs.

I seldom report, it has to be pretty bad. Yours was simply more Hypocrisy so common among theistic sorts.

Bob the Unbeliever

That's the kind of thing that the mythers try. .

Cute. Name-calling, that's all you have? Above, you have several examples of Ugly Name calling.

As for flat earth belief? Considering the bible describes a Flat Earth? The irony of someone claiming the bible is ... "real" but complains about a Straw Man "flat earth"? Is laughable.

Good Luck with that..

No. There were no such things as you claim-- I note that this would have been an excellent example to make me look Silly, by providing a link to what is clearly a false claim...

You don't like that I call your posts like the ones written by the miffers, so don't wriote like that, is my suggestion..

And you don't want to be called on your UGLY attitude? Name-calling is all you have, apparently.... you can't provide one example that proves I'm wrong.

And G-Mark was probably written circa 55-65 AD, 30 years after the events..

Says who? You? I've seen claims that it was much older, around 90CE. But even 60 is way-way too long-- GENERATIONS too late.

You musdt remember that the Peasantry used Oral Tradition for recording their histories.

So what? Means exactly bupkiss-- WhatAboutIsm, really. Friend Of A Friend stories are never based in reality.

Your historical background doesn't seem strong on all this..

More name-calling. You just can't help yourself, but to go on PERSONAL ATTACK.

Classic Theism.

Paul was not a witness. .

Duuuuhhhhh.... but. 90% of modern Christianity is based on what the Heretic (Paul) wrote...

Ain't that ironic?

Mythers always concentrate on the weak writings..

WHERE ARE THE STRONG ONES? What's that? You do not HAVE any? Yes-- we know.

Try smashing up G-Mark. Yes Christians did fiddle with G-Mark, but the more you study so the more you see the fiddlings..

Mark was written way-- WAY too late to be of use, or to qualify as a source.

It's Friend of a Friend at **best**... gossip, really. Useless.

Pathetic stance..

More name calling. Without even an attempt to refute.... Classic.

Why? It's all a giant steaming pile of made up Myth.

We can move on to the Yeshua story later..
Who? Convenient Goal Post Shifting.

But doesn't matter-- YOU GOT NOTHING-- YOU LOSE. Again.
I love debating with the miffers, I'm just hoping that you might turn out to be one........ do you think it's all myth?

You must love being Ugly, and LOSING, then.

Bob the Unbeliever

Christianity varies about as much as the human condition varies.

Indeed it does. It's as if there is no Top Authority, to keep things on track.

As if there is nothing higher than mere human agencies, to bring things into a single thread, or single message...

... hmmmm... Maybe Jesus can come down and straighten it all out? No?

Well...