• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Anti-Gunners Hate Women?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Eh, what? It's not? How come all the countries that control guns have a lower rate of gun violence than the US then?

I was talking about the US when I made my statement. We are the gun country, and nothing anyone can do will stop us from retaining that title. And speaking truly, none of our elected officials want to change anything, regardless of what they say. Since the Sandy Hook massacre, the only gun control legislation passed has lessened gun restrictions. I believe that the only way to reduce gun violence in this country is to get rid of all weapons restrictions currently implemented. With the current laws, it is not only easier but less expensive to acquire a gun illegally, and the only people being harmed by the restrictions are law-abiding citizens. It's a sad reality, but this is the country we live in. If you don't like it, I hear Europe is nice this time of year...

Alceste

Vagabond
I was talking about the US when I made my statement. We are the gun country, and nothing anyone can do will stop us from retaining that title. And speaking truly, none of our elected officials want to change anything, regardless of what they say. Since the Sandy Hook massacre, the only gun control legislation passed has lessened gun restrictions. I believe that the only way to reduce gun violence in this country is to get rid of all weapons restrictions currently implemented. With the current laws, it is not only easier but less expensive to acquire a gun illegally, and the only people being harmed by the restrictions are law-abiding citizens. It's a sad reality, but this is the country we live in. If you don't like it, I hear Europe is nice this time of year...

So is Canada, which is where I live.

We've got scads and scads of guns, but they're for getting dinner, not for killing each other. Like Europeans, I just don't understand why Americans feel like they need to pack people-killing weapons around all the time.

I can defend myself without a gun, and I'm sure my American sisters can too. People killing guns seem to be more of a guy thing. The ladies are more into guns for killing bears, cougars and supper.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq

So, I can finally get that tank I wanted?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since the Sandy Hook massacre, the only gun control legislation passed has lessened gun restrictions.
Oh? The State of NY begs to differ.
New York Gun Control: Toughest Gun Laws in America Won't Solve Anything

So, I can finally get that tank I wanted?
The good ones are pretty spendy though. If you want, I can
put you in touch with a dealer who handles such things.

This little beauty was recently available....
DSC05066.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Eh, what? It's not? How come all the countries that control guns have a lower rate of gun violence than the US then?

Maybe because of the lack of guns themselves? That's probably a rather significant factor. There are a lot of firearms in the U.S., and banning them won't make them magically dematerialize.

Alceste

Vagabond
... A kick in the nuts? Everyone's Rambo until there's a gun in your face

People don't carry guns around in my country. I've never felt unsafe anywhere, and I've lived in almost every major city in the country. I've only been assaulted twice in my entire life. One was resolved with a punch in the solar plexus (a slapping female) and the other with a kick in the nuts (a groping male).

Life just isn't very dangerous where I live.

Alceste

Vagabond
Maybe because of the lack of guns themselves? That's probably a rather significant factor. There are a lot of firearms in the U.S., and banning them won't make them magically dematerialize.

No, but restricting sales and running buyback programs would help reduce the number of guns in circulation, and the types of guns you have. Like I said, we've got mountains of guns up here, but they're for shooting dinner. No reason you couldn't scare off a burglar with your moose hunting rifle, but you're probably not going to try to knock off a liquor store with it.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
No, but restricting sales and running buyback programs would help reduce the number of guns in circulation, and the types of guns you have. Like I said, we've got mountains of guns up here, but they're for shooting dinner. No reason you couldn't scare off a burglar with your moose hunting rifle, but you're probably not going to try to knock off a liquor store with it.

If you don't think someone would rob a store with a hunting rifle, you probably haven't been south of the border recently. I can't speak for Canadians but here any weapon will do the job. People rob stores with bats and AIDS needles, getting rid of handguns would not significantly drop the number if robberies