• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Anti-Gunners Hate Women?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think he's implying that those who support a gun ban are anti-women because it would deny them a means to defend themselves from violent assault.

Rakhel

Not that one necessarily needs a gun to defend themselves, I am just not too sure how a gun ban is going to work, but neither do I think that pro-gun ban people hate women.
Makes more sense that they would hate men as they are the ones more likely to buy guns.

Curious George

Veteran Member
No, but nor do I think pro lifers hate women. I think both have not thoroughly thought through all facets of the argument and intentionally dismiss ideas because it feels nice or because it is more consistent with their self image than their actual person.

No, but nor do I think pro lifers hate women. I think both have not thoroughly thought through all facets of the argument and intentionally dismiss ideas because it feels nice or because it is more consistent with their self image than their actual person.

I couldn't care less about your "Contemplations of My Navel Part VI.. or XII" what I am concerned most about is the ability of a woman to have legally at her disposal the ability to perceivably protect herself in a moment of crisis.

ignition

Squeamishes, insecurities, and emotional, knee-jerk reactions are ********. My rights and liberty shouldn't be washed away by the tears of others.
You have no rights, what liberties are you talking about exactly? The right to privacy? That's gone already. The right to free speech? That's on its way out soon. The right to a fair trial? LOL Tell that to those back-dealing plea-bargaining lawyers and those Obama death drones. All you have is the right to shut the **** up. Sooner or later, the second amendment will be no more and I'll be pleased when that day comes. Bit by bit your so-called "rights" will be nothing but a mirage.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
You have no rights, what liberties are you talking about exactly? The right to privacy? That's gone already. The right to free speech? That's on its way out soon. The right to a fair trial? LOL Tell that to those back-dealing plea-bargaining lawyers. All you have is the right to shut the **** up. Sooner or later, the second amendment will be no more and I'll be pleased when that day comes. Bit by bit your so-called "rights" will be nothing but a mirage.

At least you're honest about favoring totalitarianism. Perhaps your open admission will coax others out of the closet as well.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I couldn't care less about your "Contemplations of My Navel Part VI.. or XII" what I am concerned most about is the ability of a woman to have legally at her disposal the ability to perceivably protect herself in a moment of crisis.

I find it humorous that you enjoy hiding behind quick-witted responses. Though you may bask in your sardonic nature and feelings of superiority I hope you realize the hollowness of such endeavors. You are clearly intelligent but refuse to engage that intelligence in systematic articulations of thought. A factor I generally attribute to youth, fear, or both. I have clearly outlines my thoughts on fun ownership on these boards and do so sans second amendment. I am a proponent of keeping guns available to the people both men and women.

I think that such a snarky thread, as this one, is another quick witted jab, at others and yet another example at you, an intelligent person, refusing to put your intelligence to any actual use except self gratification which you derive from sardonic and condescending comments. why not engage in honest intellectual discussion? Have you nothing to learn?

My point in my earlier post which you seem to have glossed over, is that anti-fun attitudes is not about a hatred of women any more than pro life attitudes are about a hatred of women. So no they do not. Your question implies a false dichotomy.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
A factor I generally attribute to youth, fear, or both.

As a person guilty of doing it myself, I can say it's generally both, at least in my case.

I'm working on getting rid of it.

As for the OP, they hate women about as much as they hate men, since both genders are just as capable of defending themselves without guns. Knives, swords, CQC, or if you REALLY need long range defense, blowguns (though I don't know if they're legal, come to think of it), crossbows, or even BB guns can cause enough of a distraction, or even enough damage to get away if shot in the right place.

Though that being said, I'm not in favor of a complete ban on guns. I hate them, but I can't deny their usefulness.

freethinker44

I find it humorous that you enjoy hiding behind quick-witted responses. Though you may bask in your sardonic nature and feelings of superiority I hope you realize the hollowness of such endeavors.

That awkward moment when you accuse someone of a wrong-doing YOU JUST COMMITTED!