• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Anti-Gunners Hate Women?

Curious George

Veteran Member
That awkward moment when you accuse someone of a wrong-doing YOU JUST COMMITTED!

Yes but my feelings of superiority come from articulated thought and logic which I gladly share when asked, or even when not asked. Though I have.been knocked down a peg or two when shown that my reasoning is faulty, I try to understand other facets of arguments which are shown instead of dismissing such with quick wit. Go ahead and engage if you believe me to be mistaken.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I have never hidden son

Great then go back through and support your thoughts with logic, or add to the conversation instead of jumping in threads and referring to discussions as internet masturbation fests, or instead of telling others that they are over complicating issues without adding any rhyme or reason.

freethinker44

Yes but my feelings of superiority come from articulated thought and logic which I gladly share when asked, or even when not asked. Though I have.been knocked down a peg or two when shown that my reasoning is faulty, I try to understand other facets of arguments which are shown instead of dismissing such with quick wit. Go ahead and engage if you believe me to be mistaken.

I don't even know what you guys are arguing about. I just remember thinking the earlier post was kind of arrogant and presumptuous, and I couldn't resist bringing it up later when you accused someone of having feelings of superiority.

But to reply to your post:

My point in my earlier post which you seem to have glossed over, is that anti-fun attitudes is not about a hatred of women any more than pro life attitudes are about a hatred of women. So no they do not. Your question implies a false dichotomy.

I agree. Anti-fun attitudes have nothing to do with hatred of women.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I don't even know what you guys are arguing about. I just remember thinking the earlier post was kind of arrogant and presumptuous, and I couldn't resist bringing it up later when you accused someone of having feelings of superiority.

But to reply to your post:

I agree. Anti-fun attitudes have nothing to do with hatred of women.

Yep, I also made.a mistake on the.subject verb agreement in that sentence. The "fun" mistake occurred because my phone autocorrects gun to fun, but the subject verb agreement was my own stupidity and I fully own it. However, in regards to content, I think my message still came across. Perhaps, I am wrong though. Did you really have trouble understanding as a result of my poor grammar. If so I could clarify for you and try to take extra special care to write a grammatically correct post.

freethinker44

Yep, I also made.a mistake on the.subject verb agreement in that sentence. The "fun" mistake occurred because my phone autocorrects gun to fun, but the subject verb agreement was my own stupidity and I fully own it. However, in regards to content, I think my message still came across. Perhaps, I am wrong though. Did you really have trouble understanding as a result of my poor grammar. If so I could clarify for you and try to take extra special care to write a grammatically correct post.

No I got, I was just teasing you. No hard feelings. :D

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes it was, one that has real world consequences. Some say that a woman with a gun is more likely to be killed by that gun than defending herself with it, I disagree

How does dislike of gun ownership and carry translate into hatred at all, though? That is a heck of a logical leap.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
At least in the United States, women are statistically far more in favor of increased gun control than men.