• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

My Response:

Jesus did not just claim to be teaching mankind the truth; He claimed that He was the truth (John 14:6)

Jesus never came for whole mankind! he came only for the israel! As proof in bible

he answered "i was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of israel" [matthew 15:24]

Also see matthew 10:5-6 verse

Jesus said to his 12 Apostles

"Do not go among the gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans"[matthew 10:5]

Meaning DO NOT GO any town of gentile

"Go rather to the lost sheep of israel"[matthew 10:6]

Meaning Go ONLY to The town of ISRAEL

Now my question who this Gentiles?

Without jews all are gentiles..And i already made clear about John 14:6

my Response about Matthew 12:38-40:

Here have most important point in matthew 12:38-40 verse

jews saying to Jesus, Master, we would see a sign from thee[matthew 12:38]

But Jesus answered and said unto them "an evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah"[matthew 12:39]

for as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth [matthew 12:40]

according to Matthew 12:38-40 Jesus prophecy clearly says his miraculous sign shall be the sign of Prophet Jonah..

My Question what was the sign of Jonah?

Read "book of jonah" though we everybody know it

A belly of the fish ate jonah right?

He was there 3 days and 3 nights right?

Did jonah die in the belly of the fish?

WAS JONAH STILL ALIVE WHEN HE WAS VOMITED OUT OF THE BELLY OF THE WHALE?

TELL JONAH WAS ALIVE OR DEAD?

Jonah resurrected from the dead or he was still Alive?

Jesus said his sign will be jonah sign

"and there shall no sign be given to it, BUT THE SIGN OF THE PROPHET JONAH"

we everybody know Jonah was still Alive and that was his miraculous sign.

then Jesus was Still Alive as he prophesied!

Jesus never resurrected from the dead! He was Still Alive. An angel also said Jesus was Alive!

An Angel said Jesus "was Alive"[Luke 24:23]

"but didnt find Jesus body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was Alive" [Luke 24:23]

Another important point:

Jesus said "i have not yet returned to the Father"[john 20:17]

means that He was still Alive, NOT DEAD YET, because if somebody dies, he then goes back to the Creator. This was strongest proof admitted by Jesus himself

If you still believe that he died on the cross, then he was a false Prophet and accursed of God according to According to deut 13:5!!

"And that Prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death.."[Duet 13:5 from Kjv]

"That Prophet or dreamer Must be put to death..."[Duet 13:5 from Niv]

"The False prophets or visionaries who try to lead you astray must be put to death..."[Duet 13:5 from New living translation]

Another Important point in Psalm 37:28:

"For the LORD loves the Just and WILL NOT FORSAKE HIS FAITHFUL ONES. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off"[Psalms, 37:28]

yet when Jesus Christ was put one the cross according to Bible.He cried out

"My God, My God, why do you forsaken me"[Matthew, 27:46]

How can Jesus be forsaken when God does not forsake his faithful ones???

Now the christians have four options to choose from:

1.The persons put on the cross was not real Jesus.

2.Jesus was not faithful to God.

3.Jesus lied that God forsook him.

4.Bible is laying when it says that God does not forsake his beloved ones.

You have 4 options to choose from. Now with whatever gymnastics you try.

You cannot add a fifth option here. So decide for yourself!

So we see if Jesus really crucified then God is liar and God break his promise or Jesus was a false man!!!

but according to Bible God never breaks his promise! meaning God saved Jesus and Jesus was Alive!

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should chang his mind, Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"[Numbers 23:19]

andersbranderud

The author of the post fail to distinguish between the historical first century Ribi Yehoshua and the le-havdil (to differentiate) Christian Jzus .

Le-havdil, A logical analysis (found in the website netzarim.co.il (Netzarim.co.il is the website of the only legitimate Netzarim-group)) of all extant source documents and archeology proves that the historical Ribi Yehosuha from Nazareth and his talmidim (apprentice-students), called the Netzarim, taught and lived Torah all of their lives; and that Netzarim and Christianity were always antithetical.

The original words of the pro-Torah teacher Ribi Yehoshua were redacted by Roman Hellenists, and the redaction is found in the “gospels”. Jzus is described in the “gospels”, and le-havdil the teachings of the historical Torah-teacher Ribi Yehoshua from Nazareth are found in the reconstruction (using a logical and scientific methodology to create the reconstruction), Netzarim Hebrew Reconstruction of Hebrew Matityahu (NHM).

The historical Jew Ribi Yehoshua is not the same as the Christian Jzus. The historical Ribi Yehoshua was a human.

The Christian Jzus was not an historical person. Thus it “said” nothing. Hellenist redactors of the “gospels” attributed words to it.

The fact that Ribi Yehoshua was in good standing in the Jewish community all of his life implies he didn’t teach doctrines as the trinity nor that he was a le-havdil (to differentiate) “man-g*d”, since such a statement contradicts Torah.

Anders Branderud

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ah, but there lies the problem with all of us........and that is what each of us believe what God's view point is?

Had we all a clear understanding of what that is, we should all be in harmony.

But as it is, the natural I mean, was a designed default built in to us that we should differ, that in the differing,....... love should be born.

You see, love can not be born in a perfect state, only in an imperfect state, for there in only can the test be administered to draw that love out.

Blessings, AJ

People do not believe in God's viewpoint they believe in their own view of what God's viewpoint should be. If it were the other way around there would be no differences between our beliefs.

Take WWJD for instance. This is a totally subjective view of God's will. I would never ask that. I ask Jesus what He wants me to do. And sometimes I get told what to do whether I ask or not.

Muffled

Jesus in me
'I am' is not the Tetragrammaton. Capitalizing [not in the Hebrew] the letter 'A' in 'am' does not make it a personal proper name.

YHWH means He causes to become.

At Psalm 110 v1 there are two [2] LORD/Lord's mentioned.
God in the KJV is printed in all capitals as LORD.
Jesus as Lord is not in all capitals.

I had to do a study of this earlier in this string. The Tetragrammaton does not have the same letters as "I am the one who is." Jewish people have told me that the Tetragrammaton has no meaning so I would be intrigued to hear how you were able to translate it. The fact remains however that the "I am" is a name God used to describe Himself and from the context in John, Jesus used it to say who He was as well.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Trinity is totally a false theory in christianity..
Indeed they do blaspheme who say God is Jesus!

Jesus Christ never claimed himself as God..
Jesus never said worship me!

"The worship me in vain, their teaching are but Rules taught by men "[from Niv matthew 15:9]

Indeed, Jesus prophesied that People will worship him uselessly and will believe in doctrines made not by God but by men; All doctrines of modern christianity are made by men: the trinity,
Divine worship to Jesus,
original sin etc theory!

all proof that Jesus never claimed himself as God!

Since you go by the imaginings of your mind, you could not have a clue as to what is true or false. I speak the truth because I have the "Way the Truth and the Life." The trinity is tue. Jesus is God in the flesh and it is not blasphemy.

I have provided the scriptures that prove that He did. Your statements contradicting the Word of God are blasphemy. True, but He didn't have to. Everyone Jewish knew enough to worship God and Jesus received that worship without saying a word against it.

This is exactly where you stand: worshiping in vain because you have exchanged the Word of God for the words of men. My worship is efficacious because I have believed His Word. BTW this is another proof of the divinty of Jesus because He equates Worship of God with Worship of Himself.

This is a broad statement. I will grant you that the doctrines of men find their way into church theology (It is human nature after all) but that doesn't mean that all the doctrines are from men. Worship of Jesus as God in the flesh is not a man made doctrine. The shoe fits for you as well with your false doctrines of men which are even more likely because you do not have the Holy Spirit.

All those so called proofs are feckless as I have proved throughout this string.

look3467

Premium Member
People do not believe in God's viewpoint they believe in their own view of what God's viewpoint should be. If it were the other way around there would be no differences between our beliefs.

Take WWJD for instance. This is a totally subjective view of God's will. I would never ask that. I ask Jesus what He wants me to do. And sometimes I get told what to do whether I ask or not.

We are in agreement on the first paragraph. Not sure what WWJD means.

Blessings, AJ

I have been asked to produce evidence of the divinity of Jesus. This is not just good evidence, it is overwhelming evidence.

Isa. 7:14 ... a sign: behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel (God with us)

My response about Isaiah 7:14:

isaiah 7:14 says, prophesying of.."The coming a person who will born to virgin- his name will be Emmanuel"

isaiah 7:14 never mentioned about virgin born!

the Hebrew word there is "Alma" which means not "a virgin" always Alma mentioned "a young lady" the word for virgin in Hebrew is "Baitula" which is not there

The correct translation is in Revised standard version!

"Therefore the Lord himself will give a sign. Look, THE YOUNG WOMEN is with child and shall bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel"[Isaiah 7:14, from Rsv]

Its not an virgin but a young women AND it says he shall be called as Immanuel: no where in the Bible is Jesus Christ called as Immanuel

Immanuel meaning "God is with us" but Bible says God was not with Jesus!

"My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me"[matthew 27:46]

here we see God forsaken Jesus, meaning God was not with Jesus!!!

John 14:9 ... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father
John 14:10 ... the words that I say unto you , I speak not from myself but from the Father abiding in Me doeth His works
John 14:11 ... I am in the Father and the Father in Me

My response: Please read my Previous response about John 14:6, 9 and 11, there i said detail with the context!!

Last edited:
we see christians missionary using john 10:30 and john 10:33 to falsely proof their trinity lie!

but what was that context?

Now come in john 10:23-34

"It was winter, n Jesus was walking in the temple, in the portico of Solomon"[john 10:23]

So the Jews gathered round him & said to him "How long will you keep us in suspense? If u are the christ,tell us plainly"[john 10:24]

Here jews asked to Jesus "If u are the christ,tell us plainly"

Jesus answer them "I told u&u do not believe."But you do not believe,because you do not belong to my sheep"[John 10:26]

Here Jesus answered them, I already told you but you do not believe me because u are not my sheep. so here we see jews were liar

"My sheep hear my voice, and i know them, and they follow me"[John 10:27]

Here Jesus answered them about his real sheep and they follow Jesus

"and i gave them eternal life,and they shall never perish, & no one shall snatch them out of my hand"[john 10:28]

"My Father, who has given them to me, IS GREATER THAN ALL, no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"[john 10:29]

see >> no one shall snatch them out of my hand"[john 10:28]

see >>no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"[john 10:29]

both 2 verse mentioned about Jesus and Father one aim and unity

Also john 10:29 says "My Father is greater than All" before John 10:30

"My Father, who has given them to me, IS GREATER THAN ALL, no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"[john 10:29]

John 10:29 verse clearly says Father is greater than all, Even Jesus

Next verse says:

"The Father and i are One"[John 10:30]

previous verse made it more clear that Father is greater than all, so Jesus and Father never can be a One person. It mentioned about a aim.>>Jesus never said "I and My Father both greater than all"

>> Jesus said,"My Father is greater than All" and in new testament Father mentioned as God(John 20:17)

"Go instead to my brothers and tell them" i am not returning MY Father and YOUR Father, to MY God and YOUR God" [john 20:17]

So we see according to John 10:29 Jesus said, My God(father) is greater than All.

And then said "I and my Father are one"[John 10:30]

Now Few christians can tell this One mean Father and Jesus both One person!

Now lets see about it:

See john 17:21-23

"that they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me and i in thee, that they also may be one in us: that world may believe that thou hast sent me"[john 17:21]

"and the glory which thou gavest me i have them; that they may be one, even as we are one"[john 17:22]

see >>"we are one"

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one"[john 17:23]

In greek Bible John 10:30 and John 17:21-23 both "one" mentioned as "Hen" which meaning both are Same!

now if you think this one mean they all are one person

then Father+Jesus+Jesus 12 Apostles= 14 in 1 person....

So Father, Jesus and his 12 apostles are also God cause they one person..Right?!!

Then need a new theory about 14 in 1 God!!!
Now lets see next verse john 10:31

"Again the jews picked up stones to stone him"[john 10:31]

Jews get a reason how to attack Jesus and finally they picked up stones to Jesus

but Jesus Protest it in next verse:

"but Jesus said them, i have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me"[john 10:32]

here Jesus said, He gave many great miracles "from Father" he never said "myself" i already made it clear that new testament father mentioned as God. Meaning Jesus said he gave all great miracles from God NOT by himself.

"The Jews answered him, saying: 'For a good work we stone thee not; but for the blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man,makest thyself a God"[john 10:33]

Here Jews answered, they picked up stones for his blaspheme. Meaning jews gave a reason to Jesus

BUT JESUS PROTEST THEIR LIE REASON IN NEXT VERSE

"Jesus answered them, is it not written in your Law, I have said you are gods?"[john 10:34]

Here Jesus answered, Check your law that we are gods! Meaning Jesus never did blaspheme according to Law

"If He called them God's, unto whom the word of God came, AND THE SCRIPTURE CAN NOT BE BROKEN"[john 10:35]

my Question the word of God came to whom?

MESSENGER!

So, Here Jesus said if you call any messenger of God as God then Scripture can not be Broken. Meaning Jesus made it clear about John 10:30 and jews lie reason

Jesus obviously quoting from the psalm 82:6

"I have said, ye are gods: and all of you are the children of the most high"[pslam 82:6]

note: The trinitarian liars who translated the Bible into English play dirty tricks about capitalizing and lowering the "g" in "God" to prove their trinity lie, while they fully know that it is THE SAME WORD USED FOR ALL!

Now few christian can ask me why jews picked up stones to Jesus?

I wanna answer them about this question from Gospel...

In Gospel Jesus said they picked up stones to Prophets!

"O Jerusalem! jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you"[Matthew 23:37]

We come to know from Gospel that Jews picked up stones to Jesus, so according to Matthew 23:37 Jesus was one of Prophet and He was never God and by a lie reason jews picked up stones to Jesus!

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
My response about Isaiah 7:14:

isaiah 7:14 says, prophesying of.."The coming a person who will born to virgin- his name will be Emmanuel"

isaiah 7:14 never mentioned about virgin born!

the Hebrew word there is "Alma" which means not "a virgin" always Alma mentioned "a young lady" the word for virgin in Hebrew is "Baitula" which is not there

The correct translation is in Revised standard version!

"Therefore the Lord himself will give a sign. Look, THE YOUNG WOMEN is with child and shall bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel"[Isaiah 7:14, from Rsv]

Its not an virgin but a young women AND it says he shall be called as Immanuel: no where in the Bible is Jesus Christ called as Immanuel

Immanuel meaning "God is with us" but Bible says God was not with Jesus!

"My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me"[matthew 27:46]

here we see God forsaken Jesus, meaning God was not with Jesus!!!

Not to mention that the prophecy in question was given to King Ahaz and it was one that was to come to fruition in his day and time, not hundreds of years later. The prophecy would have meant absolutely nothing to him if that were the case.

Also take note that in the NT the biblical Yeshua is never referred to as Immanuel (Emmanuel). His mother never called him that and the angel outright told her what her son was to be called.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I had to do a study of this earlier in this string. The Tetragrammaton does not have the same letters as "I am the one who is." Jewish people have told me that the Tetragrammaton has no meaning so I would be intrigued to hear how you were able to translate it. The fact remains however that the "I am" is a name God used to describe Himself and from the context in John, Jesus used it to say who He was as well.

Yes, [John 10v36] Jesus used 'I am' when Jesus said, "I am the Son of God".
Jesus never left out the words: 'the Son of'.

If YHWH has no meaning then why do we find it in the Dead Sea Scroll?

The Codex Leningrad B 19a of the 11th century has the Tetragrammaton to read as Yehwah, Yehwih, and Yehowah. Yehweh is a common accepted pronunciation of God's name. Ginsburg's Masoretic text reads the divine name as Yehowah. Many scholars agree God's name is more likely in the three syllables and not two. 'Hallelujah' is short for praise Jah or Yah. [Jah being the Latinized form] Psalm 150. Most KJV show God's name [Tetragrammaton] appearing in its acceptable English translation at: Psalm 83v18.
YHWH means: He that causes to become.

Yaqub

The correct translation of YHWH in Greek, as shown in the septuagint, is Ego Emi Ha On. The phrase "Ego Emi" means "I am", but it is not the Greek equivalent of YHWH, unless you add "Ha On".

xkatz

I think the concept of him being God was misinterpreted. I think he thought that the divine dwells within everyone. I don't think anyone is so egotistical as to think they are actually God in the sense they are supreme over everyone else, at least I don't hope so...

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The correct translation of YHWH in Greek, as shown in the septuagint, is Ego Emi Ha On. The phrase "Ego Emi" means "I am", but it is not the Greek equivalent of YHWH, unless you add "Ha On".

YHWH is: HEBREW not Greek and read from left to right.

The oldest fragments of the Greek Septuagint 'do' contain the divine name in its HEBREW form. The Jews did not translate the Divine name. In Aquila's Greek version [dating from the 2nd century] Aquila still has the HEBREW characters YHWH reading from left to right.

Origen [around 245 AD/CE] produced the Hexapla. In Origen's second column of the the Hexapla the Tetragrammaton is written in HEBREW characters.

Jerome [ 4th century] translator of the Latin Vulgate has the letters written as 'Iod, He, Vau, He.

So the early followers of Jesus [1st century followers] did Not replace the Tetragrammaton but persons of later centuries did.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, [John 10v36] Jesus used 'I am' when Jesus said, "I am the Son of God".
Jesus never left out the words: 'the Son of'.
If YHWH has no meaning then why do we find it in the Dead Sea Scroll?
The Codex Leningrad B 19a of the 11th century has the Tetragrammaton to read as Yehwah, Yehwih, and Yehowah. Yehweh is a common accepted pronunciation of God's name. Ginsburg's Masoretic text reads the divine name as Yehowah. Many scholars agree God's name is more likely in the three syllables and not two. 'Hallelujah' is short for praise Jah or Yah. [Jah being the Latinized form] Psalm 150. Most KJV show God's name [Tetragrammaton] appearing in its acceptable English translation at: Psalm 83v18.
YHWH means: He that causes to become.

Yaqub-

How would you explain the ^HEBREW^, not Greek, above?

Yaqub

Yaqub-

How would you explain the ^HEBREW^, not Greek, above?

So if the tetragrammaton was never translated into Greek, than that proves my point even more. When Jesus said "Ego Emi" (I am), obviously, he wasn't claiming to be Yehowah, because, as you mentioned, the name of Yehowah is never translated to Greek! However, what I did say is that if you were to translate the meaning of the Tetragrammaton in Greek, it would be "Ego Emi Ha On", and not "Ego Emi".

Also, unless I am sorely mistaken, isn't Hebrew read from RIGHT to left?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So if the tetragrammaton was never translated into Greek, than that proves my point even more. When Jesus said "Ego Emi" (I am), obviously, he wasn't claiming to be Yehowah, because, as you mentioned, the name of Yehowah is never translated to Greek! However, what I did say is that if you were to translate the meaning of the Tetragrammaton in Greek, it would be "Ego Emi Ha On", and not "Ego Emi".
Also, unless I am sorely mistaken, isn't Hebrew read from RIGHT to left?

Yaqub-

Thank you for your reply and thank you for mentioning my 'dyslexic' left to right. Yes, right to left. Thanks.

Muffled

Jesus in me
We are in agreement on the first paragraph. Not sure what WWJD means.

Blessings, AJ

What would Jesus do? It is a speculation based on the nature of His teachings an d actions one would suppose but as in all speculations there is no evidence that He would do the exact same thing in a different situation. For instance his sojourn on earth was so peaceful that he wouldn't hurt a flea but in Revelations He is shown killing millions.