• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Greatest I am

Greatest I Am said: "The trinity formulation is a later corruption away from the earliest & original beliefs!"

I believe the Bible is the earliest evidence that we have and the Trinity is consistent with the Bible.

You believe garbage and gibberish.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

All of that evidence has been refuted in this thread as not valid evidence.

Correct. None of your evidence is valid.

Strange though that if Jesus is God, he is saying he is a powerless God.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

But he does say you can be quite powerful.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Show your faith and belief if you have even a small amount as there is much good to be done. If you do not act then you show that you are either lying about your belief or that Jesus did.

Show us which is true.

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
Correct. None of your evidence is valid.

Strange though that if Jesus is God, he is saying he is a powerless God.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

But he does say you can be quite powerful.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Show your faith and belief if you have even a small amount as there is much good to be done. If you do not act then you show that you are either lying about your belief or that Jesus did.

Show us which is true.

Regards
DL

I was referring to the claims made in the video as not valid and I believe my evidence has the utmost validity.

I don't believe I have ever seen such a statement. The verse listed shows that the physical Jesus is not the operational Jesus in power but that the Spirit of God in Jesus is the operational power.

I believe I can only do what God empowers me to do but the one thing He does is speak through me.

Greatest I am

I was referring to the claims made in the video as not valid and I believe my evidence has the utmost validity.

I don't believe I have ever seen such a statement. The verse listed shows that the physical Jesus is not the operational Jesus in power but that the Spirit of God in Jesus is the operational power.

I believe I can only do what God empowers me to do but the one thing He does is speak through me.

Then your God is a thoughtless fool who has gone into intellectual and moral dissonance.

Regards
DL

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
All of that evidence has been refuted in this thread as not valid evidence.

Until you can disprove all 10 of his points, then I'll believe you.

Here's another amusing debate between an intellectual and a Christian who cannot defend his beliefs:

Greatest I am

I believe your conclusion does not follow from the premises.

Care to debate the morality of your God using what the bible describe him doing and making others do?

I can start with asking if it is moral to torture a baby for six days before finally killing it because of anger at the father?

Think of the Kind David story and give an argument justifying that murder.

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
Care to debate the morality of your God using what the bible describe him doing and making others do?

I can start with asking if it is moral to torture a baby for six days before finally killing it because of anger at the father?

Think of the Kind David story and give an argument justifying that murder.

Regards
DL

I believe you a mistaking the morality of man for the morality of God. God has the prerogative to take life or save it. So for Him it is never murder, it is His right. God is just. One may infer an injustice but without knowing all the facts that God knows, one has no way of knowing whether that child deserved to die. However God has no need to justfy Himself since He is Lord of all. If in the great scheme of things it was better for the child to die than live then it matters not whether it is fair to the child.

Greatest I am

I believe you a mistaking the morality of man for the morality of God. God has the prerogative to take life or save it. So for Him it is never murder, it is His right. God is just. One may infer an injustice but without knowing all the facts that God knows, one has no way of knowing whether that child deserved to die. However God has no need to justfy Himself since He is Lord of all. If in the great scheme of things it was better for the child to die than live then it matters not whether it is fair to the child.

It is never murder just to those who hear to judge God as he should be judged.

You show how your religion has corrupted your morals and have created a double standard that forgive your vile immoral God for things that you soundly condemn men for.

If you cannot see that a double moral standard is immoral it is due to your corrupted morals.

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is never murder just to those who hear to judge God as he should be judged.

You show how your religion has corrupted your morals and have created a double standard that forgive your vile immoral God for things that you soundly condemn men for.

If you cannot see that a double moral standard is immoral it is due to your corrupted morals.

Regards
DL

I believe no-one has the authority or the power to judge God.

I believe your judgement is corrupted by your need to hold God to your standard. In the end it will be God who judges you for doing so.

I believe my morals are in harmony with God and yours are not.

Greatest I am

I believe no-one has the authority or the power to judge God.

I believe your judgement is corrupted by your need to hold God to your standard. In the end it will be God who judges you for doing so.

I believe my morals are in harmony with God and yours are not.

That is what I suspected. Vile and immoral like your baby murdering God whom you say you cannot judge but will follow straight to hell.

No one with a double moral standard can call themselves moral people.

Regards
DL