• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did existence always exist?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Where'd it say that?
You mean in the scripture?

Isaiah 55:8-9

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," says the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."

It would take a special kind of hubris to think one understands the Creator of All.

You mean in the scripture?

Isaiah 55:8-9

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," says the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."

It would take a special kind of hubris to think one understands the Creator of All.

No, not there. It says he's got a WAY different perspective on things than y'all but it doesn't say he's unknowable or beyond human comprehension.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
No, not there. It says he's got a WAY different perspective on things than y'all but it doesn't say he's unknowable or beyond human comprehension.
So, if I am right, you believe that you can understand The Creator of All, G-d Almighty? You know His ways, His thoughts, His essence and His being? You probably cannot tell me how to pilot a rocket, make a debit card or run a snail farm but you can tell us all about the inner-workings of The Highest?

Please excuse me for not believing you.

So, if I am right, you believe that you can understand The Creator of All, G-d Almighty? You know His ways, His thoughts, His essence, and His being? You probably cannot tell me how to pilot a rocket, make a debit card or run a snail farm but you can tell us all about the inner-workings of The Highest?

Please excuse me for not believing you.

LOL! Wait, because what you claimed said he was unknowable or beyond human comprehension didn't say it... and because I am asking for why you think you can understand The Creator of All and for where you found it in scripture (and it seems you can't), you flip it around on me and start assuming to know what I believe? WELL, FIRSTLY... I believe nothing, so you're COMPLETELY wrong. I can tell you ALL that buddy, plus things that would pop your head.

I can't excuse you, you're condemnation prior to investigation is the height of ignorance. Inexcusable. BUT, by all means, scoff and roll your eyes without actually knowing anything about who I am, where I am from or what I do or don't know. SMART! Humans for the win! LMAOOOOOOOOO!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
LOL! Wait, because what you claimed said he was unknowable or beyond human comprehension didn't say it... and because I am asking for why you think you can understand The Creator of All and for where you found it in scripture (and it seems you can't), you flip it around on me and start assuming to know what I believe? WELL, FIRSTLY... I believe nothing, so you're COMPLETELY wrong. I can tell you ALL that buddy, plus things that would pop your head.

I can't excuse you, you're condemnation prior to investigation is the height of ignorance. Inexcusable. BUT, by all means, scoff and roll your eyes without actually knowing anything about who I am, where I am from or what I do or don't know. SMART! Humans for the win! LMAOOOOOOOOO!
Excusing your ramblings and strange humour, what is it that you believe? What do you consider yourself?

Excusing your ramblings and strange humor, what is it that you believe? What do you consider yourself?

Excuse what you must, often times humans experience cognitive dissonance and use negativism as a coping mechanism.

I don't know what you're asking. I honestly don't consider myself, why would I? Am I unsure of what I am, am I second guessing myself? Do I not trust my father? SO, I DON'T consider myself. Would you like to clarify what you're asking me to expound on?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excuse what you must, often times humans experience cognitive dissonance and use negativism as a coping mechanism.

I don't know what you're asking. I honestly don't consider myself, why would I? Am I unsure of what I am, am I second guessing myself? Do I not trust my father? SO, I DON'T consider myself. Would you like to clarify what you're asking me to expound on?

Learn English online | British Council

Oh, how witty and how you've shown me! It's mindboggling how you can ask me questions in incomplete grammatically incorrect sentences than in the same breath try to puff your chest feathers at me and insinuate I don't know English! WOW! Your HUMAN is showing!

upload_2019-1-3_11-31-34.png

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Was there something else existing before matter and energy?

Don't, know so religions guess, science tries to find out (see and finally below)

If there is no actual flow of time , how do you explain motion and aging?

Entropy

Is existence contingent upon there being matter and energy?

In this universe, yes

What existed in the places before space emerged and inflated?

Quantum stuff?

What causes energy and matter to exist?

Nothing, which is unstable.

And finally, did existence always exist? Or was there a genuine literal beginning to everything that is?

Either yes or no. There was a beginning to our universe, can't say for outside but once again religions guess and science tries to find out.

Can anyone imagine that the past has no beginning? And the future no ending?

Finally + 1 : Infinity is impossible to imagine

Don't, know so religions guess, science tries to find out (see and finally below)

Entropy

In this universe, yes

Quantum stuff?

Nothing, which is unstable.

Either yes or no. There was a beginning to our universe, can't say for outside but once again religions guess and science tries to find out.

Finally + 1 : Infinity is impossible to imagine

LOL! Love it!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
OK, I've got a few minutes for nonsensical questions...

Beats me. I don't know!

What?

As in life as we know it, yes. Beyond that? Who knows?

What places?

Beats me. I could scream, "Goddidit" but that satisfies no one, with an IQ over 12.

And finally, did existence always exist? Or was there a genuine literal beginning to everything that is?
An answer that is considerably above my pay grade to respond to.

Sure. Imagining is the easy part. Making it real is where the rubber hits the road. (NOTE: Anyone who has had a "non-dual" experience should be able to relate to what I'm saying here.)

Happy New Year!
Happy Calendar Change Day to you and yours!

james blunt

It all makes me think that something perpetual does exist, and the universe is not a fleeting event.

Perhaps the death of all things existence is greatly exaggerated!

Happy New Year!

That which exists as always existed and that existence will always exist but existence in the existing can not exist but exist again . For nothingness can only change one direction into somethingness but somethingness can end and begin again nothingness and that just is .

So, are you going to answer my question as to what is your religion or lackthereof? Perhaps this time around you will make yourself more coherent.

You are aware that I see straight through you, past the masks and the bravado deep into your soul aren't you? Your attempts at mounting me are futile, I'm lightyears ahead of you in many ways, but I don't throw it in your face to make you feel less than or try to do I? Humans tend to feel the need to push others down to elevate themselves, it's silly. How have I not been logical or consistent? Is me missing your question inconsistent in your eyes or was it just not in a timely enough manner for you? PATIENCE is a virtue.

In human terms, I have no religion. I don't believe in and or worship a superhuman controlling power or powers, especially a God or gods.

He and I don't have that type of relationship.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
In human terms, I have no religion. I don't believe in and or worship a superhuman controlling power or powers, especially a God or gods.

He and I don't have that type of relationship.
So really all you had to say is that you believe in a God and that you don't identify with a religion. I'm not sure why you became defensive after being asked what your religion is after joining a forum dedicated to discussing religion.