• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did existence always exist?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Ratiocinator wrote...….An atom, like everything else, is an excitation in quantum fields.

The Anointed...…. In other words it has no physical structure.

According to our best theories (General Relativity and Quantum Field Theory) everything that isn't space-time is a quantum field.

Are you suggesting that there were particles in that liquid like plasma soup of energy
in the millions of trillions of degrees, that became subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, etc, etc?​

Leaving aside that a plasma, by definition, contains particles, energy still isn't an option, because it simply makes no sense for things to be energy.

What existed (certainly after the Planck epoch - before 10^-43 s) was quantum fields. Nothing had mass (not to be confused with matter) until electroweak symmetry breaking (when the electromagnetic force separated from the weak nuclear force) at about 10^−12 s.

See: Chronology of the universe

The Anointed

A wave particle is not a particle at all as it has zero mass and no electric charge and yet it, which is the quantum of electromagnetic energy, carries angular and linear momentum.

A Black Hole is a massive system so centrally condensed that the force of gravity prevents everything within it, even light from escaping. But how many Black Holes are out there in the boundlessness of the eternal cosmos? How much dark matter is hidden within those Black Holes? Nobody knows, science is still coming to grips with Black Holes, which are believed to be at the centre of all galaxies, and Black Holes devour everything of lesser mass that comes in contact with them.

Our Milky Way galaxy is said to be anchored in space by a super Black hole, which has a mass of over three million suns, and around the Super Black Hole at the centre of our Galaxy, orbits many other black holes, which were once at the centre of other lesser galactic bodies that have merged with ours.

The larger Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Major) and the smaller Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Minor) are two galaxies that are orbiting our Milky Way galaxy that orbits the central Super Black Hole to which those Magellanic Clouds are being gathered and will one day merge with our galaxy. The Super Black Hole at the centre of our being will continue to grow as it devours the other lesser black Holes and dying stars and planets within this galaxy. And yet our galaxy is but one of billions of galaxies that are falling in toward the super gravitational anomaly that is called the ‘Great Attractor’.

It is believed that those galaxies are gathered together by their own gravitational attraction, and will one day become so condensed and concentrated around the Great Attractor, that the elements will become extremely excited, and will burn up, and this particular galactic cluster will become a super massive body of unapproachable light, which will eventually roll up as a scroll with a great hissing noise as it spirals into the centrally condensed system around which it has been gathered, where that energised body will be torn to pieces molecule by molecule, atom by atom, sub-atomic particle by sub-atomic particle, and reconverted into the electromagnetic energy from which they were created and accelerated along the dark worm hole or Einstein Rosen bridge, to speeds far, far in excess of the speed of light, where that liquid like Magnetic energy is spewed out in the trillions and trillions of degrees, somewhere far beyond the visible horizon of the boundless cosmos, where, from the cooling quantum of that electromagnetic energy that universe is resurrected, to which the light from its old position in space-time, would take billions upon billions of years to reach its new position.

From the moment of the explosion of electromagnetic energy from the white Hole at the end of the Einstein Rosen bridge/Worm Hole, which was connected to the Great Attractor, Black Hole, or seemingly bottomless pit, into which the old universe had descended, the resurrection of that body began. Within moments of the event that is called the Big Bang, the electromagnetic energy, which exploded out in the trillions and trillions of degrees of what our scientists describe as the singularity, the universal temperature dropped to some billions of degrees and sub-atomic particles began to form.

Just as our birth is the beginning of our journey toward death, the beginning of the universal expansion was the beginning of its being gathered together in the event that is called ‘The Big Crunch.’

From those first particles, the first molecules were formed, and after some 300 million years, the massive first-generation stars came into being, and from those super massive atomic reactors the heavier elements were created from which elements the Galaxies would later form, which some 10 billion years ago, began to be gathered together into galactic clusters by their own gravitational attraction, and those galactic clusters are now seen to being pulled toward The Great Gatherer/Attractor.

This was taken from the internet somewhere.

The Great Attractor: what is this thing?

The smallest unit of galaxies out there is our local group, comprising the Milky Way, the Andromeda galaxy and about 50 others. The Local Group is in turn part of the Virgo Supercluster containing some 40,000 members. Beyond all this is an unseen object called the Great Attractor which is pulling the Milky Way and all else towards it at the terrific speed of 14 million mph. What is this thing, how far away is it, and what will happen when we reach it? No one knows.

Detailed observations of the galaxies around us indicate that there is superposed on the Hubble flow a large-scale streaming motion of about 600 km/s in the general direction of the constellation Centaurus.

This mass migration includes the Local Group, the Virgo Cluster, the Hydra--Centaurus Supercluster, and other groups and clusters for a distance of at least 60 Mpc up and downstream from us. It is as if a great river of galaxies (including our own) is flowing with a swift current of 600 km/s toward Centaurus.

Calculations indicate that ~1016 solar masses concentrated 65 Mpc away in the direction of Centaurus would account for this. This mass concentration has been dubbed the Great Attractor. Detailed investigation of that region of the galaxy cluster Abell 3627) finds 10 times too little visible matter to account for this flow, again implying a dominant gravitational role for unseen or dark matter. Thus, the Great Attractor is certainly there (because we see its gravitational influence), but the major portion of the mass that must be there cannot be seen in our telescopes.

Workman

UNIQUE
Was there something else existing before matter and energy?

If there is no actual flow of time , how do you explain motion and aging?

Is existence contingent upon there being matter and energy?

What existed in the places before space emerged and inflated?

What causes energy and matter to exist?

And finally, did existence always exist? Or was there a genuine literal beginning to everything that is?

Can anyone imagine that the past has no beginning? And the future no ending?

It all makes me think that something perpetual does exist, and the universe is not a fleeting event.

Perhaps the death of all things existence is greatly exaggerated!

Happy New Year!
Happy new year my friend..
Such great questions, but dangerous as u can get lost easily and will never be found..I have thought of these myself with good intentions..all have come to one answer and that’s TIME..because times carries all that and allow them to Will it’s purpose..the Sun I believe is TIME..for it to end time stops for all..but one thing I learned that owns time is INFINITE

Workman

UNIQUE
Such great questions, but dangerous as u can get lost easily and will never be found..I have thought of these myself with good intentions..all have come to one answer and that’s TIME..because times carries all that and allow them to Will it’s purpose..the Sun I believe is TIME..for it to end time stops for all..but one thing I learned that owns time is INFINITE
One problem is the knowledge we use today are the wrong tools..from existing came to existence..they became the same..there is no million years ago, every day is the same day since the beginning..the sun doesn’t turn off for it to become the second day..its been beaming since Adam and Eve lived, the beam of light they had, we share the same beam in today..1 DAY

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Did existence always exist?
Existence existed for the entire time it existed. Existence did not exist before it existed. The concept of existence is only relevant during existence, thus the question is pointless.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
There is no such thing as the beginning or ending of the universe. It resides in a timeless now.

I myself do not buy into a timeless now. Since we age and our bodies wear out, i sense that there is a continuous meaningful flow of time. If it were a timeless now then nothing would wear down, and perhaps nothing would move. Each second would not relate to each other second, seconds would be meaningless . Even the existence of memory and memories suggests to me a flow of time.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I myself do not buy into a timeless now. Since we age and our bodies wear out, i sense that there is a continuous meaningful flow of time. If it were a timeless now then nothing would wear down, and perhaps nothing would move. Each second would not relate to each other second, seconds would be meaningless . Even the existence of memory and memories suggests to me a flow of time.
Yes, of course you are correct. I propose that time occurs in the spiritual realm, whereas the physical realm is merely disconnected moments of being and existence. These are connected because entities in the spiritual realm are tangled up the workings of the physical realm via conscious awareness.

I suppose you could say that the universe began with the first thought of it from a being in the spiritual realm.

Was there something else existing before matter and energy?

If there is no actual flow of time , how do you explain motion and aging?

Is existence contingent upon there being matter and energy?

What existed in the places before space emerged and inflated?

What causes energy and matter to exist?

And finally, did existence always exist? Or was there a genuine literal beginning to everything that is?

Can anyone imagine that the past has no beginning? And the future no ending?

It all makes me think that something perpetual does exist, and the universe is not a fleeting event.

Perhaps the death of all things existence is greatly exaggerated!

Happy New Year!

Heaven is a totally different realm it does not have time so "existing" doesnt exist. In our physical realm there is time and it started about 6000 years ago.