• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

devil worshipping a sign of mental illness?

linwood

except one "can" have a good outcome by practicing the positive aspects of the scripture.

I think you have to reach far and wide to claim to pull anything positive from a negative

Why do you assume "The Devil" is a negative a priori?

If we`re talking about the Abrahamic beliefs in Satan and God my world view would lead me towards Satan as his actions and words were far more ethical than Gods.

outhouse

Atheistically
Why do you assume "The Devil" is a negative a priori?

because I feel the devil is nothing but imagination

If we`re talking about the Abrahamic beliefs in Satan and God my world view would lead me towards Satan as his actions and words were far more ethical than Gods.

that is only your interpretation of ancient mans imagination in my opinion

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
Well, some Satanists will tell you that they worship Satan because they feel that god from the bible was cruel and unjust. They also typically deny Jesus as being the true messiah. When Lucifer rebelled against god, Lucifer was merely trying to challenge god's tyrannical ways. Satan, over many years, has been propagated as having a sinister and malevolent nature; all he did in the beginning was question god's rule. And although I reject almost all aspects of Christianity and am therefor not a believer in Satanism, I find that Satan's early actions to not be evil at all.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Why is that many Satanist try to distance themselves from Paganism. I don't understand that part.

I suspect that they are a little annoyed with all the fluff one sees in the pagan community in general. I for one do identify as pagan.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Im just curious what would cause someone to have belief in something that could never have a good outcome???

A fictional dark path going nowhere is the way I see it.

I believe someone must have way to much time on their hands and be very misguided to head down a path like this?

It just seems like some screws have got to be loose :areyoucra
I'm not real big on stereotyping but most devil worshippers I've encountered do seem a tad bit eccentric.

averageJOE

zombie
Just like other religions, there are different denominations of Satanism. From what I've learned is that not a single one believe in or "worship" the christian Satan of the bible. Modern Satanism consists of both atheists and agnostics.

Danmac

Outhouse to me as a dharmic, LHP has more value as a religious path then Christianity, because it can lead one to liberation, albiet by what can be a very destructive path. Christianity on the other hand very seldom leads one to liberation, maybe a few we call Christian Mystics, because Christianity teaches it's adherents to look at what is illusion as being true.

Do you mean liberation as in anarchy? I know some drug addicts that have "no" standards in there lives. They are very liberated from normal standards, but they have a tendency to stay locked up.

outhouse

Atheistically
Do you mean liberation as in anarchy? I know some drug addicts that have "no" standards in there lives. They are very liberated from normal standards, but they have a tendency to stay locked up.

funny most all prisoners are religious lol

Prison Incarceration and Religious Preference

1. The majority of Americans (85%) have a stated religious preference.
2. The majority of American prisoners (between 80 and 100%, depending on the study consulted) also have a stated religious preference.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish

No I mean liberation as in, realizing the true reality, hence becoming liberated from this world of maya. LHP people come to this realization, they call it the self. To the LHP person the self is all there is, and God is the self. This is no different then when dharmics say God is in all, except it's different wording.

The self is everywhere. Bright is the self luminous and free from sin. He it is who pervades all the cosmos.- Isha Upanishad

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Yes religion and recovery does have it's benefit with the courts.

You get more brownie points with the warden if you "become religious" in prison (more specifically if you become christian). I know of several guys who became preachers while in prison so that they might have a better chance at early release for good behavior. Prison is also full of twelve step programs that push religion on them as well. I have to really hand it to anyone who manages to do time and still openly practice a non-mainstream religion!

blackout

Violet.
Im just curious what would cause someone to have belief in something that could never have a good outcome???

I believe someone must have way to much time on their hands and be very misguided to head down a path like this?

It just seems like some screws have got to be loose :areyoucra

Like having faith/belief in the god of the christian bible?
or the doctrines of some "you need to be saved" church?
or government/politicians? (who also claim to be able to save you. from this, or that.)

outhouse

Atheistically
Like having faith/belief in the god of the christian bible?
or the teachings of some church?
or government/politicians?

Like I said if I cant stand the right path, your not going to get a good review of the left from me.

I have a huge problem with some politics and some churches

blackout

Violet.

The way you see it, it will indeed go nowhere.
or, nowhere 'good'. more specifically.
(because, of course, that is exactly how you see it)

outhouse

Atheistically
The way you see it, it will indeed go nowhere.
or, nowhere 'good'. more specifically.
(because, of course, that is exactly how you see it)

make sure your not assuming I percieve devil worshipping the same as LHP.

I find no need at all for LHP or RHP but that is not devil worship, only a branch of LHP

blackout

Violet.
From my vantage point
most people 'believe' a whole HOST of things
that will never get them anywhere 'good'.
Having nothing at all to do with religion.