• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating ,romance and sexism and men journal

Riders

ok, I got a new entry for food. This is a positive entry for fast food. I know everyone disagrees with it but it's for a healthy alternative at Wendy's. I don´t recommend eating fast food all the time. But this looks ok. Small chili 240 calories 11 fat their grilled chicken breast sandwich 380 calories 10 fat. I think the fat may be less than that. But anyways it's just over 600 calories and you can break it into 2 meals. Their chili is good.

Riders

Well I got on the scales yesterday. I've lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks.. I'm pretty happy with it although I did starve some eating one meal a day. But I didn't lose a good amount so i'm happy with .

I ate fast food last week
I went to jackinthe box for a cheeseburger and Chocolat eds shake.thats all I had all day.
It was 1800 calories.I know I need healthy menu. I only did it once week.

Riders

I have not eaten today. I am drinking cokes though. I have a stomach virus. Anyways sometimes I like to put up stuff reacting to weight loss shows in a critical way.
The Weight Of A Nation was a series on obesity in America. They stated this as a truth. They said it´ś not fair to obese folks that when they lose weight they have to keep eating the same amount of food like 100 or 1500 calories a day to keep the weight off.

They said that an average person of average weight can eat 1800 calories to maintain their weight. That's not true men can eat 2200 calories to maintain and not all people at an average weight eat that much. When my Mom was alive she ate small amounts of food.

Sometimes she only ate 100 calories a day and she was at a healthy weight. I asked the dr. if she needed to eat more or 1800 calories. He said no, older people can´t eat as much as on regular diets, her blood was good, and had a good weight. So not every one of average weight has to eat 1800 calories. Not everyone does.

He spoke of it being terrible for us because we have to stay on a diet. But that's a bad attitude there are plenty of low-fat low calorie foods and I can eat 1500 calories without feeling deprived. One of my favorite low-calorie low-fat foods is shrimp cocktail yum! 9 pieces are 1 gram of fat and like 200 calories it´s good. So I have no problems with staying on 12 to 1500s a day. But I lose weight sometimes when I am eating 1800 calories too.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I have not eaten today. I am drinking cokes though. I have a stomach virus. Anyways sometimes I like to put up stuff reacting to weight loss shows in a critical way.
The Weight Of A Nation was a series on obesity in America. They stated this as a truth. They said it´ś not fair to obese folks that when they lose weight they have to keep eating the same amount of food like 100 or 1500 calories a day to keep the weight off.

They said that an average person of average weight can eat 1800 calories to maintain their weight. That's not true men can eat 2200 calories to maintain and not all people at an average weight eat that much. When my Mom was alive she ate small amounts of food.

Sometimes she only ate 100 calories a day and she was at a healthy weight. I asked the dr. if she needed to eat more or 1800 calories. He said no, older people can´t eat as much as on regular diets, her blood was good, and had a good weight. So not every one of average weight has to eat 1800 calories. Not everyone does.

He spoke of it being terrible for us because we have to stay on a diet. But that's a bad attitude there are plenty of low-fat low calorie foods and I can eat 1500 calories without feeling deprived. One of my favorite low-calorie low-fat foods is shrimp cocktail yum! 9 pieces are 1 gram of fat and like 200 calories it´s good. So I have no problems with staying on 12 to 1500s a day. But I lose weight sometimes when I am eating 1800 calories too.
My mom's side of the family is mostly heavyset people. Of the oldest [living] generation, there was only one skinny one amongst them. I asked my uncle how she managed to stay thin, and he said real simply "she starves herself. Always has." She was in her 70s when I asked that(she's gone now). The idea of 70 years of eating next to nothing... that baffled me.

I remember my mom picking at her food when I was growing up, but she was quite large. Always on this diet, or that diet... I never noticed any change.

There comes a time when too much weight is a health detriment and has to be dealt with, but I think there's a genetic factor that people don't always factor in(either the one trying to lose, or those pressuring them to do so). Some people process certain foods better; other foods are better avoided. It seems to be individual.

Riders

Thank you for the response. I come from alcoholics,thus my sugar addiction is related to alcohol.I also come from a long line of work aholics.
My psych group was encouraging me to stick with my crafts ,Projects the
Needlepoint to help keep me busy. But My sister I don't know if she is not happy with my site group or she's just. Be I n G up front about how she feels about work.

My mother used to work ten hours a night sometimes twelve at honeywell Putting together little electronics.

And she drink first. Assembly line Is what I Meant . So she was a workaholic while drinking.
My sister and her husband own a construction company . So they are work aholics..

She told me she and Jose would rather have me get a little telemarketing job or job off the net like I use to do off of Craigslist because they feel it keeps me busier and happier.

I got another social media sales job though I have no ide.a.if I can do it. I can try.

Ok don't know why she had this switch we will see if I can find something that works.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for the response. I come from alcoholics,thus my sugar addiction is related to alcohol.I also come from a long line of work aholics.
My psych group was encouraging me to stick with my crafts ,Projects the
Needlepoint to help keep me busy. But My sister I don't know if she is not happy with my site group or she's just. Be I n G up front about how she feels about work.

My mother used to work ten hours a night sometimes twelve at honeywell Putting together little electronics.

And she drink first. Assembly line Is what I Meant . So she was a workaholic while drinking.
My sister and her husband own a construction company . So they are work aholics..

She told me she and Jose would rather have me get a little telemarketing job or job off the net like I use to do off of Craigslist because they feel it keeps me busier and happier.

I got another social media sales job though I have no ide.a.if I can do it. I can try.

Ok don't know why she had this switch we will see if I can find something that works.
Sounds like addiction in general runs in the family!

I hope the job goes well!

Riders

Well facebook wouldn't let me advertise for her business which is service oriented. So that jobs over with. I did put another add up for myself as a resume at craigslist. I can do appointment setting on the phone but it has to be with businesses.

The problem is. I cannot get free needs off the internet like a good l Old days. It used to be that he could look up telephone numbers in people and cities at home on the internet and get free leads for neighborhoods. Free residential leads.

Nowadays you have to pay to get even one Lead so. I have business leads for free. If you can sell to businesses there's free yellow pages everywhere.

Riders

Speaking of bill W and doctor bob I read in wikipedia that there are people who say bill w wasn't involved with a lot of women, and there are some who say he wasn't that there was somebody making stories up, but.

Let me just say this. Update too many people have placed too much emphasis on bill and bob as the founders of a a.

I don't believe that either one of them or the founders most of them had been to the ox for group and I think the oxford group contributed more than anyone else.

Also a a says that we don't have leaders They are but trusted servants. So II don't think I'm Is thinking of them as being my God. Honestly think some people think of him that way, but I don't . So whatever since that bill did with women, it's none of my business, he's just a man.

I serve God.

Riders

Well just having a comedy night with papi the vampire slayer. I've been watching some of the season six episodes with her and spike getting together, it's Hilarious .

Anyways I stayed on my plan today my food plan.

I had catfish, what's my home Health aid ? Fried for me is really Good . But it's just so hard for me to keep up the calories of stuff like meat being made. Because I have to measure.

I think mike's weak i'm gonna get all frozen foods and t v dinners. Please teach you to keep up with calories in fact that way.

I was looking for a way to order some food that would be healthy from. From the take out the taxicab that seems take out for you. Uber eats

I found red lobster and they have shrimp Four 2 hundred and twenty. Galleries. And there
Clam chowder a Has three hundred and fifty calories . The pet's kind of high, but it's still pretty good If that's all you have all day.

Riders

I think someone should write a book about how to introduce yourself to a church or temple religious service. Most churches expect you to have like maybe A relative Or friend or at least live in the neighborhood with the church.

But if you're not connected to anyone and you don't live in the neighborhood that look at you like a weirdo.

And then they might suspect you of doing something evil. Like bombing mature, I mean, we've had all these weirdos. Who've gone into worship services and killed people

So I did call up a An orthodox Church a couple months ago. I asked them if they had steps in front of the door and tell them that I might come and visit in a few months.

He asked me if I lived in M E squit E I said yes.
I live down the street from you.

I think it's smart if someone is going to visit a church to sing that there and your neighborhood.

Then if you live close to the church, at least, that gives you a reason why you would like to visit it.

But I think you know when I first got out of the UPC church And visited A couple of churches once or twice Or I felt like a weirdo just going in by myself.

We have a climbing woman that claims my apartment once a week. She's been working for my sister for ages. Not long ago she told me that is that hispanics A lot of them go to catholic church, and it's very normal, so don't be afraid to kind mass because it's just what everybody doe

She's Hispanic. My brother in law is from mexico And he doesn't like going to the catholic church.
I think he was traumatized when he was a kid happened to go when it was a mexico.

But some of its brothers and sisters and relatives do still go to mass.

I don't need a reason to go to mass really.
I live close to a catholic church which is huge like ten thousand members.
They must have fifty press that work there.
So It's a mega church So some people just go up there to visit the church because it's so big and there's so much art in it. And I just go to visit service See what the church building and all looks like.
It's not unusual to see people walking off the street to that church.
There are so many different kinds of people there. Nobody looks at you like you're weird.
Since it's so big it would be impossible for people to keep up with visitors.

That's one good thing about mega churches.
I mean, i've seen commercials for first baptistchurch in dallas That invite people to come in and take a tour . So having visitors coming off the street as normal. Yeah, make the churches make it a little bit easier for the command.
Is mega churches make it easier for you to come in Without knowing anyone.

But I appreciate gabby's comment to Me about catholics.

But still on which it was easier these days. For people to walk in off the street and it'ss not.

Riders

This is a serious topic. When I was a teen and in psych wards I did fool around without intercourse with several guys. I also pretended to be sexual with my best friend Chris who was female and my roommate to keep her out of trouble with the guys we let people think we were in a relationship.

It seemed like some of us there in those wards were known for being promiscuous besides being mentally ill. The guys did not have the same issue.

It seems to me now a lot of women who are in psych wards or at least young adult women have these issues because it´s expected of us by society. If a woman is mentally ill maybe she is seen as promiscuous the 2 go hand in hand.

When we were at Timberlawn the hospital quit allowing other wards to invite the female adolescent ward to have dances because the men who invited us had nasty words to call us used to describe teen girls who are promiscuous. Someone reported it. I use to slow dance with the older men and give them hugs because we expected to.

I won´t go into detail about my girlfriend Melanie 15 years ago at the outpatient psych ward and government apartments. Hopefully, now that I am 56 I won´t have any more issues with it. I am in a mental health group that meets online but I don´t think I can get into any trouble there. But I want to get into prayer and meditation and the bible this year and maybe visit Mass next year somewhere and get hooked up there. I think it´s a good idea to make friendships with women too.

Heres some girl power for ya

Last edited:

Riders

Hey well just have not been on my fooodplan this past week . Got to get back on it
I do feel like my legs are better when I walk which is good

Riders

Well, I have a friend I speak to now and then who likes to complain about sexism and men. She said it's not fair many businesswomen choose to wear dresses to work while men get to wear suits. I disagree I am much more comfortable in a dress. Have you seen how hot men get in those long sleeves, no way would I trade them, I like dresses.

However, there is one thing about the way we dress that seems sexist. Our shoes. I think spiked heels and high heels are really bad for the feet and women wear them in pain sometimes. They hurt but some women would rather hurt.
I think it's not healthy for the feet. I will wear flats and low-heeled sandals but no high heels.

Also would not be caught dead in a long wedding dress with a train nope. My legs are short I would trip and kill myself in one. I also would not have a traditional white wedding cake, white insinuates the woman is a virgin and the man gets the chocolate because he´s bad. I don´t like traditional wedding cakes anyway. The icing is yucky. I may have a pound cake with cinnamon icing instead or maybe even chocolate.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I have a friend I speak to now and then who likes to complain about sexism and men. She said it's not fair many businesswomen choose to wear dresses to work while men get to wear suits. I disagree I am much more comfortable in a dress. Have you seen how hot men get in those long sleeves, no way would I trade them, I like dresses.

However, there is one thing about the way we dress that seems sexist. Our shoes. I think spiked heels and high heels are really bad for the feet and women wear them in pain sometimes. They hurt but some women would rather hurt.
I think it's not healthy for the feet. I will wear flats and low-heeled sandals but no high heels.

Also would not be caught dead in a long wedding dress with a train nope. My legs are short I would trip and kill myself in one. I also would not have a traditional white wedding cake, white insinuates the woman is a virgin and the man gets the chocolate because he´s bad. I don´t like traditional wedding cakes anyway. The icing is yucky. I may have a pound cake with cinnamon icing instead or maybe even chocolate.
I agree. I'm in a group that does formal wear... I can wear a dress appropriate for the weather, but the men swelter in suits(doesn't matter if its summer).

I got married in a red and black dress. Looked like this one:
61GdGsVQDoL._AC_UX679_.jpg
I had an orange flavored cake; made from a box mix. :D

Riders

Well i've been back on my Food. plan a couple of da ys . When I was a kid, we had 6 people in my family. So my parents budgeted their money for Groceries tightly. We had exactly one service of everything. When we had fried spam My mom split the loa f

out of the can And split it six ways and the twelve Slices . So we got exactly one serving of everything. It kind of reminds me of eating at home with my parents Three small plates today Or two . I used to love

my mom's salmon croquettes. I might try to learn how to make them But leS's fattening .she put lots of corn meal and deep.feied them crunchy. I could use cooking spray instead.

AnyhowI.need to start walking again this week
I have been lazy.

Riders

Well, Im watching part of 5th season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I started watching Buffy in 2001, about 22 years ago after I quit the United Pentecostal church.

The girl power theme was something I needed really bad, it was refreshing.BTVS started in 1996 and ended in 2003. So it was in the 6th season when I started watching it. But it was still so so popular they were playing reruns over and over.

My first episode was the last episode of the 3rd season when the Mayer turned into a giant dragon sent to kill off Sunnydale and bring vampires back in charge. Some Christians and religious folk complained that Buffy glorified vampires or Buffy herself.

The end of the 3rd season had the whole school fighting vampires along with Buffy blowing up the school to kill the mayor. It was really good. So I started watching it.
I also liked the trauma themes Buffy had in it.

Another girl power person who died not long ago was Tina Turner. She was codependent most likely on IKe and his drug addiction dependency She used religion to help empower herself and get out of her situation. I love the Tina Turner story,I could just eat her up.

Riders

My name Riders comes from Riders On The Storm because I used to be such a big Doors Freak. So for those who have complained in the past about me not knowing unknown little known songs from my favorite artists you know the songs that were not hits; This Doors song was not recorded on a studio album and mostly just performed at concerts sometimes. But itś not one of their hits and it is one of my favorite Doors songs:
another favorite

Last edited:

Riders

Here is a little fun fact about Jim Morrison, I read it in the book written by Ray Manzarek. A lot of people use to say and probably still do say Jim Morrison died from a drug overdose or his drug addiction. Jim did do an ungodly wild amount of drugs and lots of dope and acid.

However the last year of his life, he lived in Paris. His wife Pamela Courson said he stopped doing drugs when he went to Paris. He stopped taking them I don't think any were found in his autopsy.
How did he die?
Jim in the first place was an alcoholic just as his dad was. In the second place, he was addicted to cigarettes and smoked 3 packs a day. Pamela would put him in a hot bathtub while hacked coughed a long time and he use to cough up a lot of blood every day. According to Pamela. So it was probably a combination of smoking and drinking.

Last edited: