• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Danes - Biggest Alcohol Abusers On Earth

exchemist

Veteran Member
It can be difficult when people are in a position.

With regards to what @exchemist mentioned above, I'd been on a train and got drunk on wine. I'd only wanted 2 glasses, but unbeknownst to me the lady I was with had bought me a third. Not wanting to be rude I just drank it. I also knew she doesn't have much money and was trying to give us a good time. The small size of the individual wine bottles was rather misleading as to their alcohol content.
And I had to feed her tea and fish cakes to sober her up again. :D

But it was nice to have the company, even if it was an unscheduled visit….

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are people who can be sober after drinking an entire bottle of authentic Polish vodka. :)
This is true in cartoons & movies, but not in the real world.
With the possible exception on one (no longer with us)
person...
OIP.EoL9BXkpsyF_QKObS3Bd7wHaFh

exchemist

Veteran Member
That's pretty much my experience.

I don't drink often anymore and restrict myself to 3 pints whenever I do. That makes me a lightweight among my friends.
Yes I’ve always found 3 pints (6 units) is about my comfortable limit, too, over a longish evening in the pub. But then I am literally lightweight, at 67kg, which is more or less the weight I have been for the last 30 years.

But @Rival is quite a bit lighter, and being female probably won’t tolerate alcohol quite so well to start with. Those little quarter bottles are about 2.5 units each, so if she had had 7.5 units, on a more or less empty stomach, when she rang me to say she was at King’s Cross and sloshed, I’m just surprised she was still upright.:) Respect!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
There are people who can be sober after drinking an entire bottle of authentic Polish vodka. :)
I think you mean - they can function - and as to which I would agree, but I think such is rather rare. Knowing that I have done such on one occasion but where this was rather exceptional circumstances - there being hardly any traffic around. :eek:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think you mean - they can function - and as to which I would agree, but I think such is rather rare. Knowing that I have done such on one occasion but where this was rather exceptional circumstances - there being hardly any traffic around. :eek:
It's genetic, of course.
Mediterraneans hold the effects of alcohol, more. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.