• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily darshan

Shrew

Ganga Mataji

ganga_mayya.jpg

vishwamitra-menaka-mayur-sharma.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
img1.jpg

Famous Lord Shani (Saturn) idol in Maharashtra.
That is a beauty. A rough unhewn unsymmetrical block of stone. :)
Women have been allowed to pour oil on it (that is how it is worshiped) only recently. The village was free of thefts till recently, people never used to lock the doors of their houses.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
That is a beauty. A rough unhewn unsymmetrical block of stone. :)
Women have been allowed to pour oil on it (that is how it is worshiped) only recently. The village was free of thefts till recently, people never used to lock the doors of their houses.

Are you suggesting there is a correlation? :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Are you suggesting there is a correlation? :D
Where do you see a correlation? What is considered the idol (sort of) of Lord Shani is unique, just a block of stone. It is not that we do not worship other such rock outcrops. Vaishno Devi in Jammu has three small outcrops. They say Kedarnath in Uttarkhand also is just an outcrop (I have been there but I do not remember). There are many Ganesha an Hanuman idols which again are no more than rocks or rock outcrops. But nothing like the Shani idol.

In many temples in India, women were not allowed to worship. Activists approached the Supreme Court and the court decided that such discrimination is against the Indian Constitution. The Shani temple (or platform) was recently much in news. But now women are allowed. The only major temple which remains closed to women is the Ayyappa temple in Sabarimala. That too will slowly be opened to women. This had repercussions in Islam too. The clerics at Haji Ali musoleum were not allowing women in. The courts decided against it and Haji Ali shrine also will be opened to women soon. I see this as a victory for women and for equality in Indian Constitution. Did I say something which made you think that I am an MCP?

About the locks on house doors. Even the banks there did not have locks at one time. It shows how times are changing. Now there are thefts at a place where there were none at least for hundreds of years.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How will he behave with interns at the white house? He is 70. Seems to be in fairly good shape for his age.