• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cripes! It’s Boris!

Audie

Veteran Member
Yep, my dog was deeply offended by the comment, she went out into the garden and slaughtered a few butterflys in disgust

Now that brits are so thoroughly disarmed, a butterfly
is probably the only wild beast that can be safely confronted.

Darkforbid

Not if it's aimed toward a white guy.:confused: Can you imagine if someone had called President Obama a black labrador?
No but:
humans-look-like-dogs-1.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member
The brits are understandably not happy about
their empire being reduced to some statues in
a theme part so they turn their rage against
themselves, the only power they can defeat.
Yes you re onto something there. It is however people like Bozo and Farage who have failed to come to terms with it. Our membership of the EU was meant to be the replacement: a new and less coercive way to benefit from a close alliance of nations, as equal partners.

But no. The lure of the mythical past proved too strong. We now have to learn the hard way what it is like on our own with no favourable access to other people's labour and resources.

Darkforbid

Yes you re onto something there. It is however people like Bozo and Farage who have failed to come to terms with it. Our membership of the EU was meant to be the replacement: a new and less coercive way to benefit from a close alliance of nations, as equal partners.

But no. The lure of the mythical past proved too strong. We now have to learn the hard way what it is like on our own with no favourable access to other people's labour and resources.

We have access to the Commonwealth.

Laika

Premium Member
Always funny when the strongest opponents of anti-PC/anti-Snowflake stuff gets worked up over the same exact thing they rail against.
If anything, it's savagely cruel to compare such a noble breed of dog to such an ignoble character.:p

And there was me thinking calling Boris Johnson a "fourth-rate Hitler" would be controversial. I upset the dog lovers instead. :D

Darkforbid

At one time I had a little pistol that I kept
at home, but here in NYC that is awful
unlawful. I dont need it anyway, my
flat is super secure.

I have Suzy, friendly and good with other dog just don't touch her dad even in a friendly way
IMG_20190225_151756_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Darkforbid

Not really. The preferential trade agreements of theCommonwealth were dissolved after WW2: Commonwealth free trade - Wikipedia. We would have to renegotiate them, under the GATT rules.

Research shows that even in the absence of trade treaties, there is a clear cost advantage in trade between Commonwealth nations, and that the overhead costs of doing business were reduced by up to 15 percent in comparison to trade outside the Commonwealth.

And importing cheep labour is morally despicable

exchemist

Veteran Member
Research shows that even in the absence of trade treaties, there is a clear cost advantage in trade between Commonwealth nations, and that the overhead costs of doing business were reduced by up to 15 percent in comparison to trade outside the Commonwealth.

And importing cheep labour is morally despicable

The supposed advantages are nothing comparable to an FTA. Just as importantly, all the Commonwealth countries are thousands of miles away, whereas the EU Single Market - of 400 million people - is right on the doorstep. In commerce, freight cost and supply lead time are big factors in who you do business with.

And there is nothing morally despicable about permitting cheap labour to come, to do the jobs the indigenous people do not seem to want to do. The Poles and Romanians come to earn more than they could at home and they are full citizens, enjoying the protection of UK law and labour practice, which are also better than at home. The NHS and UK fruit and veg farmers are already finding out the hard way what happens when you make these people feel unwelcome. The Brits won't do it or don't have the training.

Last edited:

Darkforbid

The supposed advantages are nothing comparable to an FTA. Just as importantly, all the Commonwealth countries are thousands of miles away, whereas the EU Single Market - of 400 million people - is right on the doorstep. In commerce, freight cost and supply lead time are big factors in who you do business with.

And there is nothing morally despicable about permitting cheap labour to come, to do the jobs the indigenous people do not seem to want to do. The Poles and Romanians come to earn more than they could at home and they are full citizens, enjoying the protection of UK law and labour practice, which are also better than at home. The NHS and UK fruit and veg farmers are already finding out the hard way what happens when you make these people feel unwelcome. The Brits won't do it or don't have the training.

So there's nothing wrong in say housed Romanians selling the big issue a self help magazine for the homeless. They now make up 60% sellers

And would you pick fruit for £5.95 an hour?

exchemist

Veteran Member
"Oh, Jeremy Corbyn".
There is a rumour going round that he tried to resign earlier in the year, but Seumas Milne and Karie Murphy talked him out of it, and that he may be ill. I can certainly imagine that a lifelong dud politician in the Citizen Smith mould must find it pretty gruelling to be leader of a party that is in civil war and unable to agree the line to take on the most important issue of the last 50 years.

exchemist

Veteran Member
So there's nothing wrong in say housed Romanians selling the big issue a self help magazine for the homeless. They now make up 60% sellers

And would you pick fruit for £5.95 an hour?
I don't believe I said anything about the Big Issue. I was talking about jobs.

Fruit pickers will get the UK minimum wage, which I think is a touch over £7/hr. The minimum wage is set with UK workers in mind. We can all argue about whether that is the right level or whether it should be raised.

Darkforbid

I don't believe I said anything about the Big Issue. I was talking about jobs.

Fruit pickers will get the UK minimum wage, which I think is a touch over £7/hr. The minimum wage is set with UK workers in mind. We can all argue about whether that is the right level or whether it should be raised.

So you're talking about things you know nothing about agricultural workers are exempt from the national minimum wage it's set by The Agricultural Wages Board at exactly what I posted

Plus if they provide say a caravan to sleep in they can charge for it, for example a local strawberry grower has been in the local news because she can't find people to live and work on site for under £4 an hour

exchemist

Veteran Member
So you're talking about things you know nothing about agricultural workers are exempt from the national minimum wage it's set by The Agricultural Wages Board at exactly what I posted

Plus if they provide say a caravan to sleep in they can charge for it, for example a local strawberry grower has been in the local news because she can't find people to live and work on site for under £4 an hour
Well that is not what it says here: Agricultural workers' rights

Darkforbid

Well that is not what it says here: Agricultural workers' rights

That is very true. Which is why this seasonl work is contracted if you are an independent contractor rather than an employee, you aren't protected by the minimum wage laws.

Other big minimum wage dodgers include

Cleaning
Building work
NHS contracts

In fact it's easy to avoid paying minimum wage.

But thanks I thought the least an agricultural worker could get was the agricultural board minimum