• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Couldn't have said it better myself...

muhammad_isa

It's just that there was no group of "Christians" before Arius who saw Jesus as a created being as far as I know.
Yes, as far as you know.
It is not difficult to see that "the Romans" persecuted early Christian belief along with other Jews, and later on a faction insisted on "their version" of Christian belief, burning books and waging war against other Christians.

Why should we believe this faction had sincere motives?
The true nature of Jesus is known to the Father [God].
All we really know is that the Arians were militarily quashed,
and creed was enforced by a series of human councils.

Jews, Christians, Muslims .. God knows who is more rightly guided.

Human beings are created by God. Jesus is a human being. Jesus is created by God. All three religions believe that, but only Christians say that he was also "fully God" as well, which means that he was not created.
It is a major contradiction that human beings are created by God, but one particular one was not.

..then we get into a debate about whether Jesus' body was real or not etc.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Not sure if you believe much of what the Bible says,
Again, the above is just another cloaked insult coming from you, and I've seen had more than enough of your insults. It's just this kind of judgementalism that you use that shows why so many see your brand of Christianity to be so despotic.

Anyhow, this will be our last conversation.

Via con Dios.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Again, the above is just another cloaked insult coming from you, and I've seen had more than enough of your insults. It's just this kind of judgementalism that you use that shows why so many see your brand of Christianity to be so despotic.

Anyhow, this will be our last conversation.

Via con Dios.
It may be our last conversation but it does strike me that many go to church and don't even believe if Jesus really existed as written.

YoursTrue

Right. I tell you what, find a reliable source that supports you. If you use a known lying one I will just laugh. Do you really think that I would get something like that wrong?
Anything i say is going to be virtually trashed by you. If you want to find it, you will.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It may be our last conversation but it does strike me that many go to church and don't even believe if Jesus really existed as written.
Many may not. But they are still Christians. For example, are you familiar with the story of the unfaithful wife where Jesus said "Let the one without sin be the one to cast the first stone"? Did Jesus say that? If a person believes that Jesus did not say that would that mean that that person was not a Christian?

YoursTrue

Sorry, you need to state clearly what you are trying to prove. You need to quote the parts of the article that support you.
What's the matter, didn't read it that article re evolution and conscience and morality and racism and of course, the link by virtue of evolution to eugenics?
And Yes, on the day they ate from the tree, they were slated to die. Sorry it passed you by. But by now I am convinced you don't want to see it. Ok. Similar to fossils. They don't prove evolution. Nothing proves the Darwinian concept of evolution or survival of the "fittest" by mutations and genetics.

YoursTrue

Many may not. But they are still Christians. For example, are you familiar with the story of the unfaithful wife where Jesus said "Let the one without sin be the one to cast the first stone"? Did Jesus say that? If a person believes that Jesus did not say that would that mean that that person was not a Christian?
Lol is all I can say. Do you have faith in darwinism even though you may not believe it? Take the conscience, for instance. Did it evolve from some Unknown Common Ancestor along with gorillas who still don't wear clothes? Give us a good way of figuring it...lol...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What's the matter, didn't read it that article re evolution and conscience and morality and racism and of course, the link by virtue of evolution to eugenics?
And Yes, on the day they ate from the tree, they were slated to die. Sorry it passed you by. But by now I am convinced you don't want to see it. Ok. Similar to fossils. They don't prove evolution. Nothing proves the Darwinian concept of evolution or survival of the "fittest" by mutations and genetics.
Does it matter if they tried to use the fact that life is the product of evolution to support their bad arguments? You do realize by that standard the Bible fails since it rather clearly endorses chattel slavert,

If someone abuses an idea it does not mean that the idea is bad.

YoursTrue

Yes, anything that you say is likely to be thoroughly refuted. That should tell you something. If your beliefs are continually shown to be wrong then they probably are wrong.
So if a person doesn't believe in darwinism should they continue promoting it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lol is all I can say. Do you have faith in darwinism even though you may not believe it? Take the conscience, for instance. Did it evolve from some Unknown Common Ancestor along with gorillas who still don't wear clothes? Give us a good way of figuring it...lol...
You mean evolution. Though Darwin was right about many things there was also many things that he did not know. Evolution is much more than "Darwinism" today.

And no, I do not have faith. Faith is your weakness. One uses faith when one has no evidence. And the evidence for evolution is unending.

YoursTrue

Does it matter if they tried to use the fact that life is the product of evolution to support their bad arguments? You do realize by that standard the Bible fails since it rather clearly endorses chattel slavert,

If someone abuses an idea it does not mean that the idea is bad.
You have that wrong. For a person to say he's Christian but then promote the idea that Jesus made things up, was not really the son of God and may not have even existed, makes him to be ... a ... hypocrite. Similarly a person who continually denies that abiogenesis is not connected with evolution and that eugenics and racial superiority is not connected to the theory of evolution is way off.

YoursTrue

You mean evolution. Though Darwin was right about many things there was also many things that he did not know. Evolution is much more than "Darwinism" today.

And no, I do not have faith. Faith is your weakness. One uses faith when one has no evidence. And the evidence for evolution is unending.
Me oh my. Faith in the unintelligent concept of darwinistic theory of evolution is blind to reality. Gotta go, looking forward to the next piece of non evidence you provide promoting the unproven theory of...beyond Darwin's concept of evolution. Survival of the fittest perhaps?

YoursTrue

This makes no sense. First off "Darwinism" was an outdated term even in the time of Hitler. Second one need not "believe" in evolution. Do you believe in gravity or do you accept the fact?
You can't prove evolution. Period. Anyway the mind is interesting to say the least.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You have that wrong. For a person to say he's Christian but then promote the idea that Jesus made things up, was not really the son of God and may not have even existed, makes him to be ... a ... hypocrite. Similarly a person who continually denies that abiogenesis is not connected with evolution and that eugenics and racial superiority is not connected to the theory of evolution is way off.

What? Th\at does not follow from our conversation. Your response does not match the post.

And I did not deny that abiogenesis is not connected to evolution. I pointed out that it is not dependent upon the idea. There is a difference.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You can't prove evolution. Period. Anyway the mind is interesting to say the least.

That is a rather foolish argument since aside from mathematical concepts you cannot "prove" anything. There is endless evidence for evolution even if you refuse to understand the concept does not make that evidence does not exist.