• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could it be any more obvious that Brexit is manipulated?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Since you and @Rival actually live there, I would like your opinions as to why Brexit is good or bad for Great Brittain.
First of all I voted REMAIN.

We were sold Brexit as a massive benefit for the country, I disagreed and was disappointed at the result but was looking forward to all the gains we were promised. £350m a week for the NHS, great trade deals with all the world, repeal all of these awful EU laws.
But now, the Brexiteers are walking everything back, the promises have gone and the promise is along the lines of "Well we won't be much worse off and we can have a blue passport not made in this country"

It is a total shambles.

Shushersbedamned

First of all I voted REMAIN.

We were sold Brexit as a massive benefit for the country, I disagreed and was disappointed at the result but was looking forward to all the gains we were promised. £350m a week for the NHS, great trade deals with all the world, repeal all of these awful EU laws.
But now, the Brexiteers are walking everything back, the promises have gone and the promise is along the lines of "Well we won't be much worse off and we can have a blue passport not made in this country"

It is a total shambles.
How did you ever come to believe in It?

Audie

Veteran Member
And Theresa May is a **** who's into it.

Like when there was a huge demonstration against it BBC ....well, it didn't exist to BBC. BBC did not report it but Later it reported falsely. It was related to the demonstration but they omitted the fact that ..there was a demonstration going on.

I can't believe some people believe Theresa May isn't just as manipulated as Pen and Assad.

I thought Britain had a very long tradition of seeing itself
apart from and above Europe.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Usa is virtually ungovernable as it is.
It is. It's like a bunch of different countries as it is. It would probably be better if it split up. The throwbacks in the South and the Midwest will be happy and everyone else will be able to move on (while also enjoying the show of said throwbacks sinking into extreme poverty (which some of those areas are already in) and possible starvation due to no longer being able to leech off the more liberal coastal states).

David1967

Premium Member
It is. It's like a bunch of different countries as it is. It would probably be better if it split up. The throwbacks in the South and the Midwest will be happy and everyone else will be able to move on (while also enjoying the show of said throwbacks sinking into extreme poverty (which some of those areas are already in) and possible starvation due to no longer being able to leech off the more liberal coastal states).

You are joking right? The Midwest does no such thing.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Leech off the coastal states. If you really think we do, I would like an example of how. Most people I know work hard and pull their weight.
I was referring to how much tax money goes to red states in the South with high levels of poverty and how much of the nation's food comes from California.

David T

Premium Member
You would've been better off having written that crap in your diary.
hey it's not my fault that the English have horrid food..I had heard that France wanted the English out based on the insult to taste buds.
I probably will get a rules violation just posting a picture of it. I Mean really cake in a can? Disgusting.... although the name hilarious.
71q5zKaVdPL._SL1488_.jpg

David1967

Premium Member
hey it's not my fault that the English have horrid food..I had heard that France wanted the English out based on the insult to taste buds.
I probably will get a rules violation just posting a picture of it. I Mean really cake in a can? Disgusting.... although the name hilarious.
View attachment 21087

Spotted dick pudding??:eek: Don't even want to know.........o_O

David T

Premium Member
Spotted dick pudding??:eek: Don't even want to know.........o_O
I was actually looking for a funny bad English food to reply with, to a grumpy reply to my post, and that came up in my search. The name was so perfect I wouldn't resist..

Last edited:

74x12

And Theresa May is a **** who's into it.

Like when there was a huge demonstration against it BBC ....well, it didn't exist to BBC. BBC did not report it but Later it reported falsely. It was related to the demonstration but they omitted the fact that ..there was a demonstration going on.

I can't believe some people believe Theresa May isn't just as manipulated as Pen and Assad.
My gut feeling is the whole thing was a sham. And it's about the control and manipulation of money. Not about the masses or what they want.