• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could it be any more obvious that Brexit is manipulated?

Altfish

Veteran Member
I think Germany is scared to death that UK, once it is out will strengthen itself and surpass her economically.
It's all about competition...
Do you mean Germany is worried that the banks, currently based in London, that are taking office space in Frankfurt and other German towns may slow down?

Germany's position is Europe will be strengthened by Brexit.

Link...
Here’s Where London Bankers Are Moving After Brexit

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
I thought Britain had a very long tradition of seeing itself
apart from and above Europe.
Certain part of the right wing press and politicians do indeed see Europe as 'something to be avoided' but then go on holiday there and buy a European car.

I hope the UK comes out of this relatively unharmed but I fear the worse. Just hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

And a link to the later BBC story would be critical for us on the other side of the pond who don't follow UK stories closely if at all.
Don’t worry, the OP doesn’t make a whole load of sense even if you do live in the UK and follow the news. It reads like a bit of an aimless rant really :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Nonsense.

Word.
I think it's weird you care whether the UK exits the EU or not, given that, evidently, you're not a British person...

As a European person, I can only witness that the EU is nothing but a bankers' mafia that forces the countries to remain in the Union through threats, blackmailing, financial retaliations..etc...

Last edited:

HonestJoe

Oh please.
What? You just threw out a random insult at May (despite her supporting remain during the actual campaign) and referenced a single issue of BBC reporting. Obviously there was all sorts of manipulation, misinformation and propaganda from all sides during the Brexit campaign (and ongoing); it’s a close-run major political conflict. Your OP doesn’t present anything new and doesn’t offer any kind of progress.

Shushersbedamned

I think it's weird you care whether the UK exits the EU or not, given that, evidently, you're not a British person...

As a European person, I can only witness that the EU is nothing but a bankers' mafia that forces the countries to remain in the Union through threats, blackmailing, financial retaliations..etc...
I think it's weird you don't care about your own country.

Kirran

Premium Member
I get that. I would not want the USA to be part of a one nation north America either.

How would you feel about California, Texas, New York and Wyoming becoming part of some big federation, perhaps called the United States of America?

Altfish

Veteran Member

So, as someone who cares deeply about my country could you tell me what benefits I can look forward to after we leave the EU?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So, as someone who cares deeply about my country could you tell me what benefits I can look forward to after we leave the EU?
I would like you to answer this question instead: since the UK is not in the Eurozone, what's the difference between UK and (for example) Switzerland or Norway, which are solid trade partners of the EU?
From a macroeconomic point of view, what changes, with or without Brexit?

As for the other EU countries, nothing. The EU is just a contract, juridically, it's not an eternal prison

Last edited:

Shushersbedamned

If you create a huge business that will make you millionaire unbeliever you can make tend of thousands more in certain time range.

Kirran

Premium Member
I would like you to answer you this question instead: since UK is not in the Eurozone, what's the difference between UK and (for example) Switzerland or Norway, which are solid trade partners of the EU?
From a macroeconomic point of view, what changes, if Britain remains or not?

Norway is in the European Economic Area. Switzerland's an EFTA signatory. Both are in the Schengen Area. The UK will not be a member of any.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I would like you to answer you this question instead: since UK is not in the Eurozone, what's the difference between UK and (for example) Switzerland or Norway, which are solid trade partners of the EU?

As for the other EU countries, it changes nothing. The EU is just a contract, juridically, it's not an eternal prison
Typical Leavers' waffle, refusing to answer a question - instead asking me a question and then basically saying "Nothing will change" - SO WHY ARE WE LEAVING !!!???

Altfish

Veteran Member

As for the other EU countries, it changes nothing. The EU is just a contract, juridically, it's not an eternal prison

I will answer the question, they are solid trade partners (?) BUT they have no influence over the rules of the trading block.
UK will be similar we will pay monies to be a member of some quasi trading block and have to abide by all the rules made by the block but have no influence over them.