• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coraline

blackout

Violet.
My 4 kids and I all went to see Coraline (3D) on opening night.

Emily (16) and I have been waiting all year!
Every one of us really enjoyed it ... ages 4,5,9,16,40. :D

We both felt that the cinematic additions to the original story
were very organic. The addition of Why-B YB? (WhyBorn)
was worked in in such a way as to add to the disturbing nature of the story...
while at the same time causing no disruption to the original.

It was a beautiful stop motion... and an artful work overall.

Oh! and the sisters!:flirt: hahahaha! loved it.

It was worth the $60 :eek: to see it big screen 3-D. :rainbow1:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I'm looking forward to it. Neil Gaiman is great. Anyone read American Gods?

Very good read. one of Gaiman's most flowing novels, and im saying that after enjoying reading the following by him: Good Omens, Anansi boys, Neverwhere, Stardust, Coraline.
American Gods has a great feel of combining the contemporary and the mythological.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
No it isn't, I'm afraid. When they say "By the director of The Nightmare Before Christmas," they mean Henry Selick. Tim Burton created the story for The Nightmare Before Christmas, but he did not direct it. Henry Selick also directed Monkey Bone and James and the Giant Peach (Though not Corpse Bride, as it turns out, though I thought he had.)

I realized that after I'd posted. :( No worries...I've enjoyed all of the movies mentioned above.

Nanda

Polyanna
My boys and I saw Coraline in 3D last Saturday, and we all loved it. I thought the addition of Wybie was unneccessary, but didn't detract from the plot or ruin the overall feel that you get from reading the book, so no real complaints here. And of course, it was visually stunning. It would be wonderful if they'd do Clive Barker's The Theif of Always next.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
It would be wonderful if they'd do Clive Barker's The Theif of Always next.
Now that would be cool!
Even though Sellick left the project early on, I still look forward to Anderson's The Fantastic Mr. Fox. I have high expectations.....

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
My boys and I saw Coraline in 3D last Saturday, and we all loved it. I thought the addition of Wybie was unneccessary, but didn't detract from the plot or ruin the overall feel that you get from reading the book, so no real complaints here. And of course, it was visually stunning. It would be wonderful if they'd do Clive Barker's The Theif of Always next.

I orered that book off half.com. And I finally got it yesterday. Sometime when I don't have so much school stuff Imma read it. :D Maybe on Spring Break. I know it's not very long, but I've got so much stuff to do, and I don't want to read half of it and then get too busy to finish it.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Poor man's Alice in Wonderland. mrscardero and I were bored stiff for 101 minutes. I checked Rotten Tomatoes to find out why it gathered such a high rating with the critics (87%) but after reading the good and the bad, I mostly agreed with the reasons of the rotten reviews. As for the animation, Tadahito Mochinaga did quirkier, more magical work for Arthur Rankin and Jules Bass.