• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comfort foods

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
My favorite comfort foods: Clam chowder, pumpkin pie, toasted cheese sandwiches.

What are your favorite comfort foods?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Boxed macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods. Saltines with cheese or peanut butter are good too. And pickles.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Beef barley soup, yogurt, chicken & rice soup, fish noodle soup, BLT, tamale.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Chicken and dumplings.

Apple pie.

Creamy tomato soup, clam chowder, or baked potato soup with bacon crumbled over the top.

Grilled cheese sandwiches is definitely up there. Especially with creamy tomato soup. :yes:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
My favorite comfort foods: Clam chowder, pumpkin pie, toasted cheese sandwiches.

What are your favorite comfort foods?
Apple crumble together with a nice mug of cappuccino. And of course a nice Chardonnay together with a plate of cheese.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My mom ate peanut butter and cucumber toast when she was preggers with me. To this day, I adore that treat. Peanut butter and banana come in as a close second.

Shuddhasattva

My mouth is a lake of desires after reading this thread. :L

In addition to the already mentioned grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, tamales and hot potatoes (but with sourcream, cheddar and chives!), I will add:

Shepherd's or pot pie
Quiche (bite me.)
Baguette & butter
Hashbrown
Biscuits 'n' gravy

Last edited:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Chicken-fried steak with corn-on-the-cob, garden salad, fries, and a good beer.

When I'm sick, a hot toddy.

TommyDar

bakmi (chicken over noodles)
bakso (beef meetballs with soup)
mi goreng (fried noodle)
nasi goreng (fried rice)
bubur ayam (porridge with chicken meat)
soto ayam (chicken curry soup)

Ironically the first 5 are basically Chinese food, but adapted for Indonesians and the last one is mainly Indian.

Horrorble

Sweet jacket potato with spicy quorn or soya mince in tomato sauce, with butter and cheese.
Porridge with bannana jam and honey
Goat cheese
Tea
Chocolate
Cookies
Veggie burgers

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
A pan fried cheese 'n treet sandwich.

I hate this stuff, but, Father Heathen makes very good treet and cheese sandwiches. (It's the love.)

I love cheese, peanut butter and chocolate.

My favorite meal would probably be a veggie pizza with extra cheese with a fudgey brownie, marbled with peanut butter, fudge and cream cheese.

Small hips, Mrs. Heathen does not have.