• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

come get me

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Hi all,i have this challenge for you,i am a prospective convert to your religion or beliefs ,non beliefs what could you say to convince me that yours is the right one.

I love this site its sooooooo cool

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do you like beer?

Do you like bouncing girls?

If you answered "yes" to either question, then you're a natural for the religion of Girls on Trampolines!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
All the cool people are Buddhists. That should do it. :p

To be serious, though, I don't want to convert you. As a matter of fact, I even tell people up front to be very very VERY discerning cautious about the Dharma and not to jump into taking refuge in it just because I tell them about it. Converting from one religion to another - in my opinion - should never be a spontaneous and emotionally charged moment.

Peace,
Mystic

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
MysticSang'ha said:
All the cool people are Buddhists. That should do it.
Shush Heather! We already recruited him for G.O.T. Any further attempts to steal members and we'll be forced to mark our territory. :p

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

To be serious, though, I don't want to convert you. As a matter of fact, I even tell people up front to be very very VERY discerning cautious about the Dharma and not to jump into taking refuge in it just because I tell them about it. Converting from one religion to another - in my opinion - should never be a spontaneous and emotionally charged moment.

Mystic

Its ok ,i doubt very much that you could convert me anyway so give it your best shot i am interested to know what different beliefs none beliefs would say.

Always follow your feet
Anon

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hi all,i have this challenge for you,i am a prospective convert to your religion or beliefs ,non beliefs what could you say to convince me that yours is the right one.

I love this site its sooooooo cool
I am such a sucker for this kind of questioning. :drool:

Like Willy with a dash of MysticSang'ha, I would ask if you believe in yourself. If you do then you are already halfway there. If you are interested in how you quite literally form the reality you know, you might think of getting into some non-devotional form of meditation.

Sadly, I am not in the business of picking up "followers" as it is yourself that you should be following -- not someone else. You already know what you believe, hopefully, and my path takes advantage of that foible of personality because it does not require faith. You don't even have to believe in some spiffy "god concept". If you meditate persistently for a few decades, you WILL find your own answers and then you can come back and tell me what you have discovered.

In some respects, reality is all in your head and once you make progress unravelling your own psyche you will begin to appreciate that small point and perhaps begin to understand that you are possibly that fine line between Nothingness and Eternity.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!

Peace,
Mystic
Ditto - what she said.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am such a sucker for this kind of questioning. :drool:

Like Willy with a dash of MysticSang'ha, I would ask if you believe in yourself. If you do then you are already halfway there. If you are interested in how you quite literally form the reality you know, you might think of getting into some non-devotional form of meditation.

Sadly, I am not in the business of picking up "followers" as it is yourself that you should be following -- not someone else. You already know what you believe, hopefully, and my path takes advantage of that foible of personality because it does not require faith. You don't even have to believe in some spiffy "god concept". If you meditate persistently for a few decades, you WILL find your own answers and then you can come back and tell me what you have discovered.

In some respects, reality is all in your head and once you make progress unravelling your own psyche you will begin to appreciate that small point and perhaps begin to understand that you are possibly that fine line between Nothingness and Eternity.
good one

Kay

Towards the Sun
I joined "Girls on Trampolines" once. I found it very one sided. No equal opportunity bouncing there. :areyoucra The beer was good though.