• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

come get me

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
O.K., England, I'll bite. I'm normally not into trying to convert other people as it seems both pointless and arrogant, but since you asked, try this on:

1. Ask yourself the question, "Does God exist?" or "Is there such a thing as a God?"
2. Think about what would be the best way to figure out the answer to that question. (I can tell you what I thought of, but maybe that's not the best way, so think about what you think would be the best way.)
3. What was the answer to the question?

That's how I ended up where I am. I'd be interested to hear what your thought process is, and where it ends you up.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
O.K., England, I'll bite. I'm normally not into trying to convert other people as it seems both pointless and arrogant, but since you asked, try this on:

1. Ask yourself the question, "Does God exist?" or "Is there such a thing as a God?"
2. Think about what would be the best way to figure out the answer to that question. (I can tell you what I thought of, but maybe that's not the best way, so think about what you think would be the best way.)
3. What was the answer to the question?

That's how I ended up where I am. I'd be interested to hear what your thought process is, and where it ends you up.

Thats a very good question auto watch this space

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Good one ,answer Die
Took me a minute to understand your post. O.K., well let's say you'd rather solve this puzzle while you're still alive. What do you think would be the best way to figure out whether there is a God? How would you go about answering that question for yourself?

For me, the first step was to define "God." You?

Sonic247

If he is looking for God and has not found him yet how can he define him? He would be making his own God and thus hinder himself from finding God in reality.I would say the best strategy is to call out to God and ask him who he is, if he is God he is able to hear and answer. I'll tell you that Jesus Christ is the way and the sacrifice for our sins, but they are empty words if you don't have faith yourself, I hope you find the truth.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If he is looking for God and has not found him yet how can he define him? He would be making his own God and thus hinder himself from finding God in reality.I would say the best strategy is to call out to God and ask him who he is, if he is God he is able to hear and answer. I'll tell you that Jesus Christ is the way and the sacrifice for our sins, but they are empty words if you don't have faith yourself, I hope you find the truth.

If you don't define what a God is, how would you know whether you had found one? You might have found a small decorative object, or Latvian unit of currency, but that wouldn't be God, would it? Obviously, defining something is not the same thing making it, is it? I can define an elephant, but I can't make one. Did you notice that your method assumes there is a God to call out to? If there isn't one, that would be kind of silly, wouldn't it? I would first try to figure out whether there is one before I did any calling, but that's just me.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Took me a minute to understand your post. O.K., well let's say you'd rather solve this puzzle while you're still alive. What do you think would be the best way to figure out whether there is a God? How would you go about answering that question for yourself?

Religion apart as i do not follow any,the way i figured it out was by looking at the world and whats around me,science,quantum physics,how we are as a species,past history have all convinced me that there is God or greater presence and i cannot lose as if there is'nt a God i wll not know anything ,if there is i'll be dating miss monroe(please)so thats how i figure it out,maybe not greatbutit works for me.:angel2:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
If you don't define what a God is, how would you know whether you had found one? You might have found a small decorative object, or Latvian unit of currency, but that wouldn't be God, would it? Obviously, defining something is not the same thing making it, is it? I can define an elephant, but I can't make one. Did you notice that your method assumes there is a God to call out to? If there isn't one, that would be kind of silly, wouldn't it? I would first try to figure out whether there is one before I did any calling, but that's just me.

LOL i love it (decorative object)i'd love to see you at work in court.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Religion apart as i do not follow any,the way i figured it out was by looking at the world and whats around me,science,quantum physics,how we are as a species,past history have all convinced me that there is God or greater presence and i cannot lose as if there is'nt a God i wll not know anything ,if there is i'll be dating miss monroe(please)so thats how i figure it out,maybe not greatbutit works for me.:angel2:
So you would say that the best way to figure out whether there is a God is by looking at the world and seeing whether it seems like it had to have been created? Would that be right?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
To be truthful I think that is the reason a lot of people reject the idea of God, they can't define God. All we really know is that we are made in God's image- But what does that mean? Statues of people are made in our (humans') image, but statues are not human beings, so even though we are made in God's image, we are not God.
Since I believe in Jesus, I think that is one of the reasons Jesus came to earth-So we could have something to define, someone tangible.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Hi all,i have this challenge for you,i am a prospective convert to your religion or beliefs ,non beliefs what could you say to convince me that yours is the right one.

I love this site its sooooooo cool
Greetings England. Forget that beer, women and trampoline stuff; plenty of time in the afterlife for that but life is too short.:D My being is with those who offer that you can be your own religion. Please see previous post on the subject:
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...ts/1051-pitch-your-religion-5.html#post586838

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yes thats it,(iv'e just got up as its 7.40 am here yawn)by what i see and understand of life.

Alright, that's not where my thought process went, but that's the thing about thoughts, we're all in charge of our own. I'll push back a little. How would you tell whether a given universe was created or not? What attributes do you think a created universe would have, as opposed to one that developed naturally?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Alright, that's not where my thought process went, but that's the thing about thoughts, we're all in charge of our own. I'll push back a little. How would you tell whether a given universe was created or not? What attributes do you think a created universe would have, as opposed to one that developed naturally?

Sorry for taking time to answer as i am whats wrong with islaming.
The answers simple,the attributes it has.

kai

ragamuffin
if you have never seen a ghost or a ufo never had a religious experience and find all religions a little hard to belive , you dont beleive in leprechauns or unicorns tarot or talismans its the order of the mundane for you my good fellow!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Whatever you decide..Be careful..be very..very..careful..Someone..and possibly many..will preform ideas of who you are ...Not only that..some will claim to have an insight into your thought life and actually know what emotions you experience..they will "know" how you feel inside..Soley based on what beilief,faith,relegion,or lack there of you have..

Actually your safest "bet" is to remain in limbo as undecided..There you are safe for you are a target of no one..you can be no ones pre-ordained nemesis..There will be no assumptions made of you other than you are looking around ..you are in a sense "innocent' untill proven guilty.

If and when you do decide..dont tell anyone..keep it in your heart.Lest you be strung up and picked apart while the crowds laugh and cheer..and some in the crowd will be of your same faith.

This is my humble advice to you..

Blessings

Dallas

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
And that's why you can't tell whether a universe was created. So it sounds like you should be an agnostic, as you believe it is not possible to tell whether there is a God. Do you follow me?

I do,but i am not agnostic,i don't really want to be anything that requires me to be pidgeonholed.