• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Nice hand waive. Is it because it is not worth responding to or you cannot respond to all the scripture that does not agree with you? I would vote the second option. If you disagree than prove your claims. If you cannot than your words are only your own words and claims that you cannot prove :)
1) my claims wouldn’t be accepted by you, even were I Jesus Christ himself.
2) everyone here but you knows I’m speaking the truth.
3) feel free to take what I said in my last post at face value.

sojourner

Not sure what your talking about
Of course not. Mores the pity. Your string of ad hominems go right over your head as completely rational.

Your only making false claims here which I would say is unreasonable as you cannot prove anything you are claiming
what you would say is not cogent to the argument.

On the other hand the OP provides scripture proof to prove it's claims
Proof-texting =/= “proof.” It only = bias.

sooda

Veteran Member
Sure we do Zechariah tells us in Zechariah 11:12-13

You are not reading what you are quoting from are you or are you addressing anything in it. I suggest you read it so we can discuss it.

"Ditto" please read the post you are quoting from before responding.

YawwnZ, sorry did you say something? Please stop with the nonsense and wake me up when you wish to read and discuss the scriptures in the posts shared with you. Hand waiving and ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear.

An Egyptian prince or anyone raised in Pharaoh's household would have at least known Pharaoh's name.

3rdAngel

1) my claims wouldn’t be accepted by you, even were I Jesus Christ himself.

Perhaps if you did not provide your own opinion and supported yourself with evidence your claims would be worth consideration and discussion. So far you haven't

2) everyone here but you knows I’m speaking the truth.

Woops there's one of those claims again :)

3) feel free to take what I said in my last post at face value.

Thank you I already have. Please let me know when you wish to discuss the OP.

3rdAngel

Of course not. Mores the pity. Your string of ad hominems go right over your head as completely rational.

Aren't you the one with the all the unsupported claims not willing to discuss the OP?

what you would say is not cogent to the argument.

Asking you to prove your claims is very relevant to the OP otherwise your only promoting your own opinion unsupported by evidence.

Proof-texting =/= “proof.” It only = bias.

It is not call proof texting for nothing :)

sojourner

Perhaps if you did not provide your own opinion and supported yourself with evidence your claims would be worth consideration and discussion. So far you haven't

These are not my own opinions, as you claim (without evidence, I might add). they are the considered findings of The intense, peer-reviewed scholarship of the best minds in biblical exegesis.

Woops there's one of those claims again
See above. These findings are well-documents, well-known, and generally accepted as the best evidence for the arguments presented here. That you don’t know them or accept them says more about willful blindness than it does about the truth.

Thank you I already have. Please let me know when you wish to discuss the OP
Obviously not. Otherwise, you’d not be claiming that these are unconsidered opinions only.

I present “well-founded, documented and established scholarship.” You present ... what was it? “Belief.” Which do you suppose require the most proof? The first? Or the second? You will say “the first,” because you dismiss scholarship as being “of men,” even though your belief is “of you” — a man. Then, you’ll argue that your faith is “given by the Holy Spirit,” but you’ll offer no proof that this is so. and round and round we go, you presenting claims not proven by evidence, and accusing others of the same sin.

I think we’re done here. I’ve made a career of bible study. It’s clear that you have not.

sojourner

Aren't you the one with the all the unsupported claims not willing to discuss the OP?
Nope.

Asking you to prove your claims is very relevant to the OP otherwise your only promoting your own opinion unsupported by evidence.
But that’s not what you’re doing. You’re dismissing every shred of evidence I’ve given you, even though it’s valid.

It is not call proof texting for nothing
“Proof-texting” =/= “proof.” That you don’t know that reveals the level of exegetical ignorance you’re proffering as “evidence.” Proof-texting is irresponsible in the pursuit of biblical study and interpretation. Yet you wave it around like a trophy.

I think we’re done here.

3rdAngel

Nope.

But that’s not what you’re doing. You’re dismissing every shred of evidence I’ve given you, even though it’s valid.

“Proof-texting” =/= “proof.” That you don’t know that reveals the level of exegetical ignorance you’re proffering as “evidence.” Proof-texting is irresponsible in the pursuit of biblical study and interpretation. Yet you wave it around like a trophy.

I think we’re done here.

Ok let's ask it this way where is the evidence you have provided that supports your claims in relation to the OP? If you cannot provide any why do you pretend that you have? Link please... :)

sojourner

Ok let's ask it this way where is the evidence you have provided that supports your claims in relation to the OP? If you cannot provide any why do you pretend that you have? Link please... :)
If you don’t know by now that love is the core attribute of God, and the prime motivator for God’s acts, I can’t help you. And if you think it’s not, then you need to reread the Bible with better vision.

3rdAngel

If you don’t know by now that love is the core attribute of God, and the prime motivator for God’s acts, I can’t help you. And if you think it’s not, then you need to reread the Bible with better vision.
Sooo you cannot provide the link to your claims can you.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe if one takes all of Paul's letters into context the theme is that the law has gone away and Jesus is our Lord.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Can anyone show any one verse that says we should throw out the Old Testament and only follow the new? God says he never changes and his laws never change. God worked six days and made the seventh day holy. Only God can make something holy. People who call themselves Christian want to be so different from the Jews that they change everything just to be different. But God does not change. The seventh day is holy and no human can change it.

Luke 22:20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

3rdAngel

I believe if one takes all of Paul's letters into context the theme is that the law has gone away and Jesus is our Lord.
I believe according to the scriptures God's law has not gone away. It is fulfilled in the life of the believer by faith in the power of God's Word.

As Paul says....

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, we establish the law.

and again....

ROMANS 8:1-4 [1], There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [2], For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. [3], For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: [4], That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

God's law is fulfilled in the life of the believer through faith in God's Word by the new covenant promise of a new heart to love *EZEKIEL 11:19; JEREMIAHJ 31:31-34; HEBREWS 8:10-12. Paul expressed it here...

ROMANS 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law. [9], For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The purpose of God's Law (10 Commandments) is to give us the knowledge of good and evil; sin and rightesouness * ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7. and to lead us to the cross of Christ that we might be forgiven through faith in God's Word GALATIANS 3:22-25 and be free to walk in God's Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16.

There are many more scriptures that prove the above. You may have notices here I have only quoted Paul's writings.

Nice to see you Muffled.