• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

3rdAngel

What is it that you don't understand about the fact that there were many more commandments given by God that were spoken to Moses to give to Israel? (Which were written down.)
What is it dear friend that you do not understand in *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13; DEUTERONOMY 10:4? Showing that there is only 10 words or commandments that were written by God on two tables of stone and spoken by God alone? I am not talking about the book of the law written and spoken by Moses. I am talking about Gods' LAW which are the 10 commandments, written with the finger of God on two tables of stone and spoken by God alone that are the work of God alone *EXODUS 32:16. I believe all you have provided is a distraction no one is talking about.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I see so you provide a verse talking about the Mosaic book of the law and you believe this deletes the scriptures showing that Gods' LAW which are the 10 commandments written with the finger of God on two tables of stone no longer exist? For me I believe all the scriptures and when God's Word (not mine) says that God wrote 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin and righteousness are on two tables of stone that is what God's Word says. They are Gods' Word not mine and EXODUS 34:27 does not delete *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13; DEUTERONOMY 10:4
It doesn't mean there weren't 10 commandments upon stone tablets. It just means that these 10 were not the only commandments. I just fail to see how you don't get this. What about "Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother's milk" is not a commandment?

3rdAngel

It doesn't mean there weren't 10 commandments upon stone tablets. It just means that these 10 were not the only commandments. I just fail to see how you don't get this. What about "Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother's milk" is not a commandment?

Why would you fail to see I do not get this? I was making a point through the scriptures showng that there are simply only 10 commandments in God's 10 commandments that were written on stone by the finger of God that define sin and righteousness, nothing more and nothing less. This was in relation to the no more Sabbath claims of God's 4th commandment which is one of the ten. I was never talking or discussing the book of the law of Moses. God's law written by God himself on stone so your simply trying to make arguments no one is arguing abou (strawman) which is simply a distraction.

IndigoChild5559

Why would you fail to see I do not get this? I was making a point through the scriptures showng that there are simply only 10 commandments in God's 10 commandments that were written on stone by the finger of God that define sin and righteousness, nothing more and nothing less. This was in relation to the no more Sabbath claims of God's 4th commandment which is one of the ten. I was never talking or discussing the book of the law of Moses. God's law written by God himself on stone so your simply trying to make arguments no one is arguing abou (strawman) which is simply a distraction.
We agree that there were 10 commandments on the stone tablets.

Do you agree that there were more commands given by God through Moses? Because if you don't, THAT is what I don't understand.

3rdAngel

We agree that there were 10 commandments on the stone tablets.
Do you agree that there were more commands given by God through Moses? Because if you don't, THAT is what I don't understand.

Sure Gods' Word says in many places that there are many different kinds of laws written in the Mosaic book of the covenant *EXODUS 24;7. What do you think these scriptures are talking about...

By the “hand of Moses”: Leviticus 8:36, 10:11, 26:46; Numbers 4:37,45,49, 9:23, 10:13, 15:23, 16:40, 27:23, 36:13; Joshua 14:2, 20:2, 21:2,8, 22:9; Judges 3:4; 1 Kings 8:53,56; 2 Chronicles 33:8, 35:6; Nehemiah 9:14.

Leviticus 8:36 KJB So Aaron and his sons did all things which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

Leviticus 10:11 KJB And that ye may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the LORD hath spoken unto them by the hand of Moses.

Leviticus 26:46 KJB These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 4:37 KJB These were they that were numbered of the families of the Kohathites, all that might do service in the tabernacle of the congregation, which Moses and Aaron did number according to the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 4:45 KJB These be those that were numbered of the families of the sons of Merari, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 4:49 KJB According to the commandment of the LORD they were numbered by the hand of Moses, every one according to his service, and according to his burden: thus were they numbered of him, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Numbers 9:23 KJB At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 10:13 KJB And they first took their journey according to the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 15:23 KJB Even all that the LORD hath commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day that the LORD commanded Moses, and henceforward among your generations;

Numbers 16:40 KJB To be a memorial unto the children of Israel, that no stranger, which is not of the seed of Aaron, come near to offer incense before the LORD; that he be not as Korah, and as his company: as the LORD said to him by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 27:23 KJB And he laid his hands upon him, and gave him a charge, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 36:13 KJB These are the commandments and the judgments, which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses unto the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho.

Joshua 14:2 KJB By lot was their inheritance, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses, for the nine tribes, and for the half tribe.

Joshua 20:2 KJB Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses:

Joshua 21:2 KJB And they spake unto them at Shiloh in the land of Canaan, saying, The LORD commanded by the hand of Moses to give us cities to dwell in, with the suburbs thereof for our cattle.

Joshua 21:8 KJB And the children of Israel gave by lot unto the Levites these cities with their suburbs, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

Joshua 22:9 KJB And the children of Reuben and the children of Gad and the half tribe of Manasseh returned, and departed from the children of Israel out of Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan, to go unto the country of Gilead, to the land of their possession, whereof they were possessed, according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Judges 3:4 KJB And they were to prove Israel by them, to know whether they would hearken unto the commandments of the LORD, which he commanded their fathers by the hand of Moses.

1 Kings 8:53 KJB For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord GOD.

1 Kings 8:56 KJB Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

2 Chronicles 33:8 KJB Neither will I any more remove the foot of Israel from out of the land which I have appointed for your fathers; so that they will take heed to do all that I have commanded them, according to the whole law and the statutes and the ordinances by the hand of Moses.

2 Chronicles 35:6 KJB So kill the passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare your brethren, that they may do according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Nehemiah 9:14 KJB And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant

and these....

LEVITICUS 18:5 You shall therefore keep my STATUTES, and my JUDGEMENTS: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

NUMBERS 36:13 These are the COMMANDMENTS and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses to the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho. And if you shall despise my STATUTES, or if your soul abhor my JUDGEMENTS, so that you will not do all my COMMANDMENTS, but that you break my covenant:

DEUTERONOMY 5:31 But as for you, stand you here by me, and I will speak to you all the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which you shall teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.

DEUTERONOMY 6:1 Now these are the COMMANDMENTS, the STATUTES, and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you go to possess it:

DEUTERONOMY 7:11 You shall therefore keep the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which I command you this day, to do them.

DEUTERONOMY 8:11 Beware that you forget not the LORD your God, in not keeping his COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, which I command you this day:

DEUTERONOMY 11:1 Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep his charge, and his STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, always.

1 KINGS 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, to KEEP HIS STATUTES, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS TESTIMONIES, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES, that you may prosper in all that you do, and wherever you turn yourself:

1 KINGS 6:12 Concerning this house which you are in building, if you will walk in my statutes, and execute my JUDGEMENTS, AND KEEP ALL MY COMMANDMENTS to walk in them; then will I perform my word with you, which I spoke to David your father:

1 KINGS 8:58 That he may incline our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways, and to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, which he commanded our fathers.

1 CHRONICLES 28:7 Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my COMMANDMENTS AND MY JUDGEMENTS, as at this day.

LEVITICUS 18:4 You shall do my JUDGEMENTS, and keep my ORDINANCES, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.

GENESIS 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my CHARGE, my COMMANDMENTS, my STATUTES, and my LAWS.

Ok overload I know, there are too many scriptures here and more I have not provided. The point being made here is that it is God that separates His LAW (10 commandments) from those written in the Mosaic book of the law. No one is talking about the Mosiac book of the law. The current topic of conversation is God's LAW (10 commandments) not other laws in the Mosaic book of the law. We are talking about God's law written with the finger of God on tables of stone not the Book of the law written by Moses.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Sure Gods' Word says in many places that there are many different kinds of laws written in the Mosaic book of the covenant *EXODUS 24;7. What do you think these scriptures are talking about...

By the “hand of Moses”: Leviticus 8:36, 10:11, 26:46; Numbers 4:37,45,49, 9:23, 10:13, 15:23, 16:40, 27:23, 36:13; Joshua 14:2, 20:2, 21:2,8, 22:9; Judges 3:4; 1 Kings 8:53,56; 2 Chronicles 33:8, 35:6; Nehemiah 9:14.

Leviticus 8:36 KJB So Aaron and his sons did all things which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

Leviticus 10:11 KJB And that ye may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the LORD hath spoken unto them by the hand of Moses.

Leviticus 26:46 KJB These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 4:37 KJB These were they that were numbered of the families of the Kohathites, all that might do service in the tabernacle of the congregation, which Moses and Aaron did number according to the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 4:45 KJB These be those that were numbered of the families of the sons of Merari, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 4:49 KJB According to the commandment of the LORD they were numbered by the hand of Moses, every one according to his service, and according to his burden: thus were they numbered of him, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Numbers 9:23 KJB At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 10:13 KJB And they first took their journey according to the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 15:23 KJB Even all that the LORD hath commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day that the LORD commanded Moses, and henceforward among your generations;

Numbers 16:40 KJB To be a memorial unto the children of Israel, that no stranger, which is not of the seed of Aaron, come near to offer incense before the LORD; that he be not as Korah, and as his company: as the LORD said to him by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 27:23 KJB And he laid his hands upon him, and gave him a charge, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

Numbers 36:13 KJB These are the commandments and the judgments, which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses unto the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho.

Joshua 14:2 KJB By lot was their inheritance, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses, for the nine tribes, and for the half tribe.

Joshua 20:2 KJB Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses:

Joshua 21:2 KJB And they spake unto them at Shiloh in the land of Canaan, saying, The LORD commanded by the hand of Moses to give us cities to dwell in, with the suburbs thereof for our cattle.

Joshua 21:8 KJB And the children of Israel gave by lot unto the Levites these cities with their suburbs, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

Joshua 22:9 KJB And the children of Reuben and the children of Gad and the half tribe of Manasseh returned, and departed from the children of Israel out of Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan, to go unto the country of Gilead, to the land of their possession, whereof they were possessed, according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Judges 3:4 KJB And they were to prove Israel by them, to know whether they would hearken unto the commandments of the LORD, which he commanded their fathers by the hand of Moses.

1 Kings 8:53 KJB For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord GOD.

1 Kings 8:56 KJB Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

2 Chronicles 33:8 KJB Neither will I any more remove the foot of Israel from out of the land which I have appointed for your fathers; so that they will take heed to do all that I have commanded them, according to the whole law and the statutes and the ordinances by the hand of Moses.

2 Chronicles 35:6 KJB So kill the passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare your brethren, that they may do according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Nehemiah 9:14 KJB And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant

and these....

LEVITICUS 18:5 You shall therefore keep my STATUTES, and my JUDGEMENTS: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

NUMBERS 36:13 These are the COMMANDMENTS and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses to the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho. And if you shall despise my STATUTES, or if your soul abhor my JUDGEMENTS, so that you will not do all my COMMANDMENTS, but that you break my covenant:

DEUTERONOMY 5:31 But as for you, stand you here by me, and I will speak to you all the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which you shall teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.

DEUTERONOMY 6:1 Now these are the COMMANDMENTS, the STATUTES, and the JUDGEMENTS, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you go to possess it:

DEUTERONOMY 7:11 You shall therefore keep the COMMANDMENTS, AND THE STATUTES, AND THE JUDGEMENTS, which I command you this day, to do them.

DEUTERONOMY 8:11 Beware that you forget not the LORD your God, in not keeping his COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, which I command you this day:

DEUTERONOMY 11:1 Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep his charge, and his STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, always.

1 KINGS 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, to KEEP HIS STATUTES, AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, AND HIS TESTIMONIES, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES, that you may prosper in all that you do, and wherever you turn yourself:

1 KINGS 6:12 Concerning this house which you are in building, if you will walk in my statutes, and execute my JUDGEMENTS, AND KEEP ALL MY COMMANDMENTS to walk in them; then will I perform my word with you, which I spoke to David your father:

1 KINGS 8:58 That he may incline our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways, and to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HIS STATUTES, AND HIS JUDGEMENTS, which he commanded our fathers.

1 CHRONICLES 28:7 Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my COMMANDMENTS AND MY JUDGEMENTS, as at this day.

LEVITICUS 18:4 You shall do my JUDGEMENTS, and keep my ORDINANCES, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.

GENESIS 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my CHARGE, my COMMANDMENTS, my STATUTES, and my LAWS.

Ok overload I know, there are too many scriptures here and more I have not provided. The point being made here is that it is God that separates His LAW (10 commandments) from those written in the Mosaic book of the law. No one is talking about the Mosiac book of the law. The current topic of conversation is God's LAW (10 commandments) not other laws in the Mosaic book of the law. We are talking about God's law written with the finger of God on tables of stone not the Book of the law written by Moses.

Hope this helps
I hope you realize that many of your quotation are NOT from Torah. That's okay, but its just not on the same level of authority. What you might want to consider doing is choosing your three BEST references. If you can't make your point with your three best, adding more won't help you anyhow.

Sure, God spoke THROUGH Moses. We agree on that.

Even in terms of the Tablets, because Moses destroyed the first set, he himself had to chisel the second set, so even with the Ten, they were received through Moses to a certain extent.

3rdAngel

I hope you realize that many of your quotation are NOT from Torah. That's okay, but its just not on the same level of authority. What you might want to consider doing is choosing your three BEST references. If you can't make your point with your three best, adding more won't help you anyhow.

Sure, God spoke THROUGH Moses. We agree on that.

Even in terms of the Tablets, because Moses destroyed the first set, he himself had to chisel the second set, so even with the Ten, they were received through Moses to a certain extent.

Generally perhaps, as I quote both the old and the new testament scriptures. Still many of my quotations are from the Torah as well as shown in the very post you are quoting from in post # 1245 linked. My points have already been made through these scripture and I believe these scriptures disagree with you. I believe your acceptance of my points you choose not to believe but they have indeed been made through the scriptures. I post a lot of scripture because it is the scripture that is the final authority and evidence behond the points being made that I believe prove they are Gods' Word not my own opinions. You of course are free to believe as you wish. I do not believe what you have provided however is biblical but wish you well.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a human said in science 7 owns a function in wavelengths.

Says in doing occult change holding 6 as a constant 666666666666 is evil he says, but quotes it by 666 to reason change to 3.

For science owns studies and reasons to teach against science causes.

6 is of course before 7.

If a wavelength or 7 needs to own a place of rest by definition, would wavelengths continue to exist if I keep holding a machine owned cause present Sun Time, the UFO mass....gases burning extra in the Heavens constantly and also ground activated gas burning fusion change.

My psyche and subliminal self would tell itself that the highest holiest of ownerships natural is being changed. And I would be mind notified that a layer of the Earth face stone mass is being changed. Science knowledge/awareness, told. And it was a warning in my own psyche, change.

I would then try to quote science terms of references and challenge my brother and ask him does he allow the natural light wavelengths to exist, or is he burning them out and changing natural light and life in Nature as I see it with my own 2 eyes, as a witness being attacked and destroyed in life, as phenomena....seeing God themes are all about phenomena.

3rdAngel

If a human said in science 7 owns a function in wavelengths.

Says in doing occult change holding 6 as a constant 666666666666 is evil he says, but quotes it by 666 to reason change to 3.

For science owns studies and reasons to teach against science causes.

6 is of course before 7.

If a wavelength or 7 needs to own a place of rest by definition, would wavelengths continue to exist if I keep holding a machine owned cause present Sun Time, the UFO mass....gases burning extra in the Heavens constantly and also ground activated gas burning fusion change.

My psyche and subliminal self would tell itself that the highest holiest of ownerships natural is being changed. And I would be mind notified that a layer of the Earth face stone mass is being changed. Science knowledge/awareness, told. And it was a warning in my own psyche, change.

I would then try to quote science terms of references and challenge my brother and ask him does he allow the natural light wavelengths to exist, or is he burning them out and changing natural light and life in Nature as I see it with my own 2 eyes, as a witness being attacked and destroyed in life, as phenomena....seeing God themes are all about phenomena.

Ok thanks and good luck with that.

IndigoChild5559

Generally perhaps, as I quote both the old and the new testament scriptures. Still many of my quotations are from the Torah as well as shown in the very post you are quoting from in post # 1245 linked. My points have already been made through these scripture and I believe these scriptures disagree with you. I believe your acceptance of my points you choose not to believe but they have indeed been made through the scriptures. I post a lot of scripture because it is the scripture that is the final authority and evidence behond the points being made that I believe prove they are Gods' Word not my own opinions. You of course are free to believe as you wish. I do not believe what you have provided however is biblical but wish you well.
This is a debate forum. The idea is to back up our claims with the best evidences. It makes no sense to waste time quoting verses from the bible that don't relate to the topic. It is personally frustrating to me when you do that, because it obfuscates. This is the biggest reason I have stopped engaging with you. I'm not sure why you posted with me out of the blue (or maybe the alert system simply malfunctioned???), but I'm definitely not willing to pick up where we left off. Yes, I do this for fun, but also to learn, which means I require a minimal level or reasoning ability.

3rdAngel

This is a debate forum. The idea is to back up our claims with the best evidences. It makes no sense to waste time quoting verses from the bible that don't relate to the topic. It is personally frustrating to me when you do that, because it obfuscates. This is the biggest reason I have stopped engaging with you. I'm not sure why you posted with me out of the blue (or maybe the alert system simply malfunctioned???), but I'm definitely not willing to pick up where we left off. Yes, I do this for fun, but also to learn, which means I require a minimal level or reasoning ability.
Scripture is evidence in a religious forum in a bible discussion thread. That is why they were posted as evidence. Everything posted is in reference to the topic of this thread. I beleive what you have posted here is a good example of your opinion unsupported by evidence. You are free to believe as you wish however. I do not judge you. Accordin to the scriptures it is the very Word of God that we accept or reject that becomes our judge come judgment day.